/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegation against the Religious Police

Bittersteel
09-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I heard from another forum that firefighters are not allowed to rescue women becuz they arenot supposed to touch women.Isn't that ridiculous and unIslamic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-04-2005, 01:46 PM
:sl:

well r u sure it isnt hearsay?

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-04-2005, 02:35 PM

49:6 O ye who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what ye have done.

Genius
09-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Don't know if it is true cos islamaphobes like to spread alot of crap, but if it is then it is really stupid and unislamic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Who's been feeding you this crap, Abdul Aziz? :)

:w:

Bittersteel
09-04-2005, 04:25 PM
a Muslim from ummah.com.Believe me someone said it.

Muezzin
09-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Oh, I believe that someone told you. I don't believe what they're saying though ;)

Bittersteel
09-04-2005, 04:37 PM
umm.. me neither.

Bittersteel
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1874471.stm

see?That sucks big time!!!

S_87
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM

thats one incident in 2002. it doesnt seem like a regular occurence to me???

Safa
09-05-2005, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
That is just sad. These people take things too far and because of them lives were lost. I hope this won't happen in the future.

Muezzin
09-05-2005, 06:17 PM

Bloody idiots.

'Oh, I'm sorry I can't save you, you're not dressed correctly.

-But I'm burning alive!

But if I touch you, I'll be burning in hell. See ya.'

Genius
09-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Only in Saudi can this happen, it's amazing how such sick mentality can continue to thrive in this age.

Zuko
09-05-2005, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Only in Saudi can this happen, it's amazing how such sick mentality can continue to thrive in this age.
I know, I mean, they're such pervs... Its a life-death situation and they wont help them because they'd be 'touching' them....

Hajar
09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
I know, I mean, they're such pervs... Its a life-death situation and they wont help them because they'd be 'touching' them....

You guys are sure about this?? :?

Zuko
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
the fact that something like this happened? yeah!

S_87
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
I know, I mean, they're such pervs... ...
who are you calling perves? :confused:

Zuko
09-05-2005, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
who are you calling perves? :confused:
The idiots that called off the rescue of those schoolgirls trapped in a burning building...

S_87
09-05-2005, 07:03 PM
The idiots that called off the rescue of those schoolgirls trapped in a burning building...
u were calling them perves as in literally? or just as a phrase? :confused:

Zuko
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
u were calling them perves as in literally? or just as a phrase? :confused:
literally...

Muezzin
09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I call them idiots.

I pray this is just an isolated incident. I mean, for God's sake.

Uthman
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM

In my eyes, it's the same as murder.

Muezzin
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

In my eyes, it's the same as murder.

I think it's closer to Voluntary Manslaughter actually. Though I suppose it could be murder, since in omitting to act, they know full well that the girls could very well have died (and they did).

kadafi
09-05-2005, 08:51 PM

What bbc failed to include is the term 'alleged'

Obviously there are differing accounts on this issue and we shouldn't rush to judgement in blaming them. Bear also in mind that the [religious police] has never been criticized before

Saudi minister backs religious police
Prince Nayef said newspapers had rushed to report "news which turns out to be untrue".

"What has been said about the men of the commission was totally baseless," Prince Nayef was quoted as saying.

Earlier the director of the religious police, Sheik Jaber al-Hakmi, denied his officers had prevented rescuers from entering the school.
No investigation has been conducted so we might never know if the allegation true, only Allaah knows.

By the way, the topic title is misleading so I have changed in to a revelent title.

S_87
09-05-2005, 09:00 PM
literally...

u know who the mutawwa are?
ok people call them all sorts :( but perves?

minaz
09-05-2005, 09:28 PM
well ok just say the story is true, then if these police refuse to touch the girls then they must be perverted, I mean what sexual feelings can one get from hoisting a girl from a burning fire???
P.s "mutawwa= religious police", who and what are they gestapoish/mob squad/monks?!?!?!?!?!??!

Henry
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Inshallah, if they were in a state of ignorance at the time, may Allah (SWT) have mercy on them and they come with repentence.

Wassalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Uthman
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Inshallah, if they were in a state of ignorance at the time, may Allah (SWT) have mercy on them and they come with repentence.
Ameen. And May Allah guide them.

BlissfullyJaded
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

What bbc failed to include is the term 'alleged'

Obviously there are differing accounts on this issue and we shouldn't rush to judgement in blaming them. Bear also in mind that the [religious police] has never been criticized before

Saudi minister backs religious police
Prince Nayef said newspapers had rushed to report "news which turns out to be untrue".

"What has been said about the men of the commission was totally baseless," Prince Nayef was quoted as saying.

Earlier the director of the religious police, Sheik Jaber al-Hakmi, denied his officers had prevented rescuers from entering the school.
No investigation has been conducted so we might never know if the allegation true, only Allaah knows.

By the way, the topic title is misleading so I have changed in to a revelent title.

Jazkallah khair brother. :thumbs_up

We shouldn't rush to insult them, especially when we do not know the story fully.

Mainul_Islam
09-06-2005, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
I heard from another forum that firefighters are not allowed to rescue women becuz they arenot supposed to touch women.Isn't that ridiculous and unIslamic?
Saudi Arabia is corrupt :(

S_87
09-06-2005, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
P.s "mutawwa= religious police", who and what are they gestapoish/mob squad/monks?!?!?!?!?!??!

they are normal people- promoters of virtue and preventers of vice.

The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islaamic Monotheism and all that Islaam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islaam has forbidden); they perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give the Zakât, and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.”

(At-Tawbah 9:71)

In the above verse, Allah regards promoting virtues and preventing vices one of the first and most prominent characteristics of the believers

The Messenger of Allah said, “He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do it, then he should do it with his tongue [by speaking against it], and if he has not strength enough to do it, (even) then he should (abhor it) from his heart, and that is the least of faith.” (Muslim)

Muezzin
09-06-2005, 07:58 PM

If these allegations are true, these religious police should probably take heed of ahadith urging us to be moderate and not extreme in our beliefs.

azim
09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Anyone ever heard the saying 'take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves'? To me, it's what the Religious Police are doing. They're paying so much strict attention to small details of Islamic life that they're completely ignoring the bigger problems of a corrupt monarchy, oppressed women, a huge wealth gap between the rich and the poor, which are just as unIslamic as missing Salah etc...

That said, the Religious Police posted at the two sacred mosques do an excellent job. They're very strict against bidah and are usally quite friendly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.