/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 7 year old boy thought 2 b a terrorist

Muslimaah4lyff
08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
brothers and sistas....:D

did anyone hear about the young 7 year old muslim boy who was held by the police at the airport because they thought he was a terror suspect.....since he had the same name as a terror suspect they're looking 4........they searched him and the poor boy was traumatised......:muddlehea his parents were outraged....i dont blame them

serioulsy how can a 7 yr old b a terror suspect?? :eek: just want your thoughts and opinion on this..
wassalam:smile:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Does anybody know if this was in any public news sources? The name of the air port or the date?

Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 06:27 AM
is this about Javaid?

If yes, den yeah bro woody.

Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Does anybody know if this was in any public news sources? The name of the air port or the date?
I posted it, could you approve it please

i forgot the source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-19660990/

:-[

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
backbencher
08-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Muslima,

Marhaba. In the articles I've read, & the one you posted, there was no mention of the child being searched. I've heard of the tribulations suffered by other folks in the US who have the same name as a suspect when they try to fly. It just plain sucks to have the same name of someone suspected of plotting mass murder.

Gig 'em,

backbencher

Trumble
08-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Agreed, there is nothing about him being searched, or indeed not being released when it became apparent he obviously wasn't the man 'on the list'. The 7 year old wasn't a 'suspect' - he was just mistaken for someone who was because they unfortunately share the same name. You can't tell how old someone is from their name on a passenger list.

'Abd al-Baari
08-21-2007, 11:05 AM
:sl:

Heres another article

A SEVEN-year-old boy has been left traumatised after being stopped as a possible terror suspect three times by airport staff.

Javaid Iqbal's family even missed their flight home from America because of the confusion, caused because his name matched that of a terror suspect.

The case has shocked a Muslim community leader, who said stopping a young boy was ridiculous.

And a anti-terrosim expert said security services should strike the right balance in counter terrorism measures without upsetting people unnecessarily.

Javaid, of The Pastures, Blackburn, said: "I'm only at a young age and being named a terrorist is wrong."

Javaid went to Florida for a holiday as a treat after passing his exams at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Blackburn.
And he was accompanied by his mum NaushabaNadeem, 35, and her three other children Sana, nine, Fareeha, nine, and Iftikhar, five .

But they were held up for three hours at Manchester Airport, one and half hours at Orlando International Airport and a further two hours Philadelphia International Airport on the way home, which resulted in them missing their flight.

His name was blocked and raised a security alert on each airport's computer system, set up by Homeland Security, a US security organisation set up to protect against terrorism.

Naushaba(correct), a GP at Great Harwood Medical Centre, Water Street, said: "When we arrived at the front counter to check in at Manchester Airport, the airport staff said there was a security block on Javaid's name.

"I understand and agree security checks are important but he is seven and a half years old.

"We had to stand at the desk for three hours while they checked everything out.

"Eventually, everything was fine and we were given our boarding passes.

"But then it happened again at Orlando Airport and then Javaid's name was blocked again at Philadelphia Airport.

"This time they had cancelled our tickets by the time they gave Javaid security clearance.

"I was all on my own, I don't know anyone in Philadelphia.

"I was tired and weary, and I started crying.

"We have never had a problem before.

"We flew to Tenerife for a holiday in December last year and we had no problems.

"When we got home me and my husband talked about changing Javaid's name so he wouldn't have problems in the future.

"The system should cross reference the name then a date of birth, or some other information."

Javaid, whose passport now contains a stricker saying he has undergone high-level security checks, said: "All this was about my name, they said that it had a block on it.

"We felt scared. I havent done anything against the law."

The family moved to Blackburn from Saudi Arabia in 2002. They flew by american airline, US Airways, from Manchester Airport to Florida via Philadelphia for eight days.

Javaid's dad, Nadeem Iqbal, 48, a consultant anaesthetist based in Burnley General Hospital, said: "My son is psychologically traumatised by this experience and said he doesn't want to fly to America again."

Salim Mulla, secretary of the Lancashire Council of Mosques, said: "It is ridiculous, I'm shocked.

"They really should have known he was only a seven year-old child.

"I can understand the safety aspect but it doesn't help relationships with different faiths.

"Somethings we do feel we are being singled out. I do understand the reasons but this was over the top."

Professor Eric Grove, director of the Centre for International Security and War Studies at Salford University, said: "There are names on file which are checked and there are certain names in combination or singly which put people under scrutiny.

"Intelligence based analysis has been used to compile the list but it is unlikely a seven-year-old child is a suicide bomber.

"I think there must be a right balance to counter terrorism without alienating people."

Manchester Airport declined to commentand Homeland Security were unavailable.
Taken from Lancashire Eveneing Telegraph
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...rity_alert.php

mizan_aliashraf
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimaah4lyff
brothers and sistas....:D

did anyone hear about the young 7 year old muslim boy who was held by the police at the airport because they thought he was a terror suspect.....since he had the same name as a terror suspect they're looking 4........they searched him and the poor boy was traumatised......:muddlehea his parents were outraged....i dont blame them

serioulsy how can a 7 yr old b a terror suspect?? :eek: just want your thoughts and opinion on this..
wassalam:smile:
That's terrible.

Salaam
08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
thats why im never traveling to america, Allah knows how many times im going to get stoped, with my name (my real name is not Salaam by the way)

Trumble
08-21-2007, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Just shows how stupid these people are...They're soiling themselves with fear. ;D
'Those people' would have looked even more 'stupid' if they hadn't stopped the actual terrorist suspect, who then proceeded to hijack the plane and fly it into a building full of people.

Cognescenti
08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
1) The thread title is wrong, He wasn't "thought to be a terrorist", his name was on a watch list.

2) "Just shows how stupid these people are...They're soiling themselves with fear. Why is it that Muslims are always feared? We never did nothin' to no one ...
Totally, absolutely, ridiculous!"
Perhaps this poster has just awakened from suspended animation after a long space flight? Need I say more?

3) The article says at one point he was alone, but his father was with him in Manchester??? If he were truly alone and were stopped, that is very unfortunate, as it would frighten a child. Something is wrong with the story, it seems.

4) The problem has been apparently solved with a passport modification.

5) Richard Reid was stopped once by French authorities..then he was allowed to board the next day.

6) The idiots at Homeland Security ban box cutters and flammable liquids from airplanes. You sometimes have to take your shoes off now. Idiots, huh?

7) Does anyone doubt for one minute there are those, even now, who would want to kill as many Americans and Brits as possible in the most newsworthy fashion possible? Do you really think they will try the same technique? Do you really think they give a **** about how old the victims are? Either you try to design a system to stop would be murderers before they get on a plane (or into the country) or you just accept the consequences. Either the net is too fine or it is too porous. Which do you think makes more sense? If you want to talk about the most rational screening system, then you are talking about profiling. Is that what you want? Do you want security asking what religion the passenger believes in? The Israeli system is much better (more secure). Is that what you want? You want to get on an El Al flight as an Arab Muslim you better be ready for some serious questioning.

From my point of view, if there are fewer Saudi visitors to Disneyland because of secuirty issues...tough ****, that is just the way it has to be for now. Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps the nation that landed men on the moon is all comprised of idiots.

The_Prince
08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
why as usual do the westerners start changing the topic? the topic is a 7 year old boy being stopped because of having a similar name as a supposed terrorist, why start changing the subject into other incidents and so on? as usual these westerners can never stick to one thing but have to dance around the tree bringing up all other topics which have NOTHING to do with this incident of a 7 year old boy being stopped.

so rather than going on rants about other terrorists and stopping them to save ppl or not stopping them which results in deaths why dont you comment on this 7 year old boys incident or just dont make a single comment?

they want to justify everything they do always making excuses, then they say no thats muslims doing it! they stop and arrest innocent Muslims then they make excuses oh well we have to because we must make sure its okay. they torture innocent Muslims and then make the same excuse, they now stop A 7 YEAR OLD BOY and they still make the same excuse! perhaps u guys are truly as stupid as those ppl on jerry springer to even assume that a 7 year old boy could pose any threat to you! or perhaps your even more stupid to try and justify it!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
'Those people' would have looked even more 'stupid' if they hadn't stopped the actual terrorist suspect, who then proceeded to hijack the plane and fly it into a building full of people.
hey trumble!

HEY!!

TRUUMBLE!!!

ok that shouting shud hav woken you up a bit, just wanted to inform you, the kid was 7 YEARS OLD :D

rozeena
08-21-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
hey trumble!

HEY!!

TRUUMBLE!!!

ok that shouting shud hav woken you up a bit, just wanted to inform you, the kid was 7 YEARS OLD :D
lol!!!

guyabano
08-21-2007, 03:21 PM
oh boy, Mr. Thread Hijacker/Off-topic'er complain now about beeing off-topic? ROFL !!

Now well, I understand the staff of the airport. I saw on pictures how terrorist fighters even use children as shields, wrap dynamite on belts on 2 years old kids.
When the airport security has now clear orders, so well, let them do.

If I would be the parents of that kid, I would be upset too, but when every misunderstanding would have been clarified, I would understand it, and be even happy, the security is really on top and give very tiny room to terrorits.
So stop the drama and blame again the whole west. Always this superlativ thinking and generalizing... tsk tsk tsk
Last time, I stand at the airportin Paris Charles-de-Gaulles, with my mom, and on the airplane ticket was written the wrong name of my mom, the staff also hold us back for several time. But I don't blame therefor all the muslims and think immediately about conspiracy theories.

Trumble
08-21-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
perhaps u guys are truly as stupid as those ppl on jerry springer to even assume that a 7 year old boy could pose any threat to you! or perhaps your even more stupid to try and justify it!
And perhaps you should stop an take a careful look at your own contribution before throwing the word 'stupid' around. Try actually reading the previous posts. It has been made perfectly clear that nobody thought a 7 year old "could pose any threat". He was unfortunate enough to be confused with an adult terrorism suspect because he shared the same name. That confusion ended, on each occasion, as soon as whoever it was with the authority to release him took a look at him.

If you are wondering why he was stopped at all when so obviously only a child, it's worth considering that 'terrorism suspect' is not the only reason somebody's name might be on the 'stop at the airport' list. Think about it.

I appreciate it may be difficult for you, but you too should try reading and trying to understand the previous posts. It simply didn't matter how old he was.. except maybe he got released rather quicker than if he had been around the same age as the actual suspect. They were following instructions to pull anybody with a certain name. I have suggested above why that would not exclude children.

The_Prince
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
these people are hopeless shout at them with speakers and they wont get it through their heads, they want to justify all their wrong-doings, then they tell Muslims why dont you condemn anything?!!!!!!!!!!!

and anyway i dont think us Muslims should be laughing about this incident, what exactly is so funny about this? dont you see whats going on? or are you too blind to face reality and want to keep living in darkness? a Muslim kid was stopped at three different airports, delaying his time by several hours and hours, now think of Palestine, in Palestine what are the zionists doing? with their checkpoints they humiliate and stop several innocent people delaying them for hours and hours upon hours!

what you are seeing now are very similar such checkpoints except they dont look the same, and they are now international and not in Palestine alone. over time these airport stops will get worst, they will stop a Muslim baby one day u just wait and see, and then they will even go further they will start stopping Muslims on the street which is what their already planning to do in London, it will keep going more and more until you will find yourself in the exact same shoes of palestinians and iraqis being stopped at checkpoints like dogs. they are placing international checkpoints on us Muslims and what do we do?

we laugh, we dont even notice it, or no even worst some of us will also try to brush the issue aside by saying "oh its a simple mistake im sure they didnt mean to do it and these guys are good ppl" BLA BLA BLA how many more mistakes and errors will they have to do until you the Muslim get it through your skull that there is an actual sinister plan being done against Muslims? perhaps when you become the victim or your familly does then maybe you will wake up?

you can call this paranoia but you know im right because EVERYTHING I JUST SAID is true.

last but not least the only reason why they are able to do these things against us Muslims is because of the sorry state we are in, look at us,,,, a Muslim kid is humiliated and traumitized and what is our reaction? :

A- we dont care

B- we laugh about it

C- we just make a small silly remark saying "we hope this doesnt happen again" (very strange when it happens everyday)

so really Muslims start waking up instead of being wilfully blind and acting like nothings going on and that yes we and the west are all in love and standing side by side as good ole buddies, cause were not.....

i mean this forum is a perfect example of you to see this, for instance this forum has the most moderate non-Muslim people you will find, compared to others on ***************** and --------------- and other similar sites, yet these same non-Muslims contiously insult Islam, Muslims, and justify all their criminal actions against Muslims and even call for more.... and these are the moderate ones when put in comparison with the others on the neo-con websites! and then you Muslims want to keep telling yourself that no not all westerners are the same, etc etc. now im not saying all westerners are bad, indeed there are good ones, but we Muslims should stop acting like heyyyyyy the westerners who hate us and Islam etc are in the minority! cause thats false, they are in the majority, and you should realize that.

and this isnt irrelevent to the thread topic, all of this is connected with the thread topic, infact everything i just said is summed up by what happened to this innocent 7 year old Muslim boy........

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I appreciate it may be difficult for you, but you too should try reading and trying to understand the previous posts. It simply didn't matter how old he was.. except maybe he got released rather quicker than if he had been around the same age as the actual suspect. They were following instructions to pull anybody with a certain name. I have suggested above why that would not exclude children.
im sry if i sounded a bit rude, thanks for not retalliating in the same manner :).

you see i find this even more of a problem, the fact that someone would say "ANYBODY" and the people who heard the instructions taking it to mean kids aswell, i mean if the person giving the instructions did infact mean kids aswell then this again is a big problem with the security... its too much! Its going to make the people uncomfortable, everybody's going to be more suspicious, islamaphobia will only rise more...

guyabano
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I call it paranoia.

Not all westeners hate muslims neither Islam. In fact, it may be only a bunch. I don't know where you get this ! But then again, why am I surprised? You think, one westener is bad, so they be all bad, but then you complain, when you notice that other people think the same about Islam and muslims?
You seem to be very misinformed about us.
Beeing delayed at an airport, even a trainstation or a busstop can be sucking, for sure. But at the end, when it is for the right cause, for SECURITY, I don't laugh at all.
I told ya already, I have understanding for the father, but hey, he should be mad at those who fly airplanes full of innocents in buildings and not at the security staff at the airport ! That is the reason, why the security is so high !

Trumble
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
you see i find this even more of a problem, the fact that someone would say "ANYBODY" and the people who heard the instructions taking it to mean kids aswell, i mean if the person giving the instructions did infact mean kids aswell then this again is a big problem with the security... its too much! Its going to make the people uncomfortable, everybody's going to be more suspicious, islamaphobia will only rise more...
I think you may have missed my earlier point. It isn't "kids as well" in the sense that it is thought children might be terrorists, it's kids as well because there are reasons why you stop children (of any religion) at airports. Kidnappings are the obvious example, but the most common one is probably children being taken out of the country by one parent when the other has legal custody. It's far better to stop somebody and resolve the matter later, even if some relatively minor inconvenience is involved, than risk either a terrorist getting on a plane OR a kidnapped child disappearing never to be seen again.

Neelam92
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
;D Hahaha this is too funny...Better watch out all you Osamahs out there, they're after ya :D

Just shows how stupid these people are...They're soiling themselves with fear. ;D Why is it that Muslims are always feared? We never did nothin' to no one :cry:...

Totally, absolutely, ridiculous!
lol hahaha yeh i have a little cousin called osama wich is kind of bad i feel sorry for him but he got lost once and his mum was scared to shout for his name so they call him sammy lol instead of osama but my cousin hates to be called sammy he prefers osama but wat does he know only 5 years old lol
bless him
:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I think you may have missed my earlier point. It isn't "kids as well" in the sense that it is thought children might be terrorists, it's kids as well because there are reasons why you stop children (of any religion) at airports. Kidnappings are the obvious example, but the most common one is probably children being taken out of the country by one parent when the other has legal custody. It's far better to stop somebody and resolve the matter later, even if some relatively minor inconvenience is involved, than risk either a terrorist getting on a plane OR a kidnapped child disappearing never to be seen again.
but in this case wasnt the kid stopped because they thought him to be a terrorist?

so doesnt that mean either the security guard misunderstood his instructions or the one who gave the instructions is just paranoid?

Neelam92
08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
How many of these 'suspects' actually have anything to do with anything :confused: It's just harrassment...

Say if they were looking for a 'trumble' [I know that's not your real name, I think :D], and there were a million trumbles out there [:giggling:], it doesn't seem very practical to pull out the entire population of trumbles.

Airport authorities aren't stupid, they're just made to be stupid. Neither are they unaware of information that is available to them. I'm 100% sure they know who they're after, and that does NOT include 7 year olds. :rollseyes...
lol :D
errrmmm does anyone know if people have to now in airport out their stuff in a plastic clear bag instead of taking a hand bag on the plane?

Cognescenti
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
but in this case wasnt the kid stopped because they thought him to be a terrorist?

so doesnt that mean either the security guard misunderstood his instructions or the one who gave the instructions is just paranoid?
That is not clear from the story at all. There are several reasons why a child might be on a flight stop list. The most common ones are international custody issues, which, interestingly often involve fathers from middle eastern countries taking their kids back "home" against the wishes of their American moms.

In this case, most likely he shared a name or portion of his name with a potential security risk. That is why he was stopped. Not because he was plausibly going to take control of the airplane. Do you have any idea how many international airports there are in the US??? Do you know how many people work as airport screeners and customs officers? The airline counter and gate workers are also expected to participate. We are talking about thousands and thousands of people. Do you really expect them to all be delegated to waive the rules? It's called chain of command. The only practical way to have some uniformity with such a disparate screening force is to have rules which are understood by all and are not to be violated. How would it be if the rule were simply "use your best judgement"? The rules are also in force to prevent profiling. Why do you think Anglo grandmothers are subject to random screening? It is all about rules.

Doubtless the rule here is "anyone on this list does not get on a plane untill cleared by xxxxxxx" I don't see why this is hard to understand.

Keltoi
08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think this simple message is getting across. They didn't stop a 7 year old knowing he was a 7 year old. They saw the name and acted accordingly, causing inconvenience for the kid. An example...a security professional is looking at passenger identifications and notices one of the passagers is named O.J. Simpson. Oh my goodness, its O.J.! However, O.J. turns out to be an 8 year old Irish kid from Belfast....

Cognescenti
08-21-2007, 04:40 PM

we laugh, we dont even notice it, or no even worst some of us will also try to brush the issue aside by saying "oh its a simple mistake im sure they didnt mean to do it and these guys are good ppl" BLA BLA BLA how many more mistakes and errors will they have to do until you the Muslim get it through your skull that there is an actual sinister plan being done against Muslims? perhaps when you become the victim or your familly does then maybe you will wake up?
******Secret Masonic Headquarter Temple, in a bunker under Manhattan****

Grand Poobah: Right, so it's agreed! Monday, 08:00, GMT. We start with the 7 year olds, right?

backbencher
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Quick example of having an unfortunate name in America: John Smith in a gun store - how long will he have to wait to take his shotgun home? 3 days? Why? B/c there's a million John Smiths in America, & some of them aren't allowed to buy guns anymore. So it can take 3 days for the FBI to figure out you're the GOOD John Smith instead of the BAD John Smith. Computerized databases aren't smart - it's just a pile of data. Airport screeners aren't dumb; but if your name pops up on a watch list, they have to call someone & get approval before you get on the airplane, even if you're 7 years old.

Don't like it? Change your name, don't fly to America, don't cross Israeli checkpoints, or get everyone w/ your name to stop blowing things up.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
cognescenti thank you, that makes more sense :)

The_Prince
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by backbencher
Quick example of having an unfortunate name in America: John Smith in a gun store - how long will he have to wait to take his shotgun home? 3 days? Why? B/c there's a million John Smiths in America, & some of them aren't allowed to buy guns anymore. So it can take 3 days for the FBI to figure out you're the GOOD John Smith instead of the BAD John Smith. Computerized databases aren't smart - it's just a pile of data. Airport screeners aren't dumb; but if your name pops up on a watch list, they have to call someone & get approval before you get on the airplane, even if you're 7 years old.

Don't like it? Change your name, don't fly to America, don't cross Israeli checkpoints, or get everyone w/ your name to stop blowing things up.
dont cross israeli checkpoints? incase you didnt notice their on palestinian land and a palestinian is free to roam whatever part of his land he wants and the israelis are putting the checkpoints at specific areas that the palis have to use for getting to places

Amadeus85
08-21-2007, 11:21 PM
dont cross israeli checkpoints? incase you didnt notice their on palestinian land and a palestinian is free to roam whatever part of his land he wants and the israelis are putting the checkpoints at specific areas that the palis have to use for getting to places
Have you wondered why those check points are placed in Israel ? I think that the main reason is to stop terrorists who want to blow up themselves in israeli cities to kill as many civilians as possible.

backbencher
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Prince,

Which leaves one w/ the options of changing one's moniker, or getting everyone w/ that moniker to stop blowing things up. If I were a Palestinian, I'd probably go for changing the moniker, b/c getting Palestinians to stop blowing things up seems rather difficult, especially when there's a bus handy.

Gig 'em,

backbencher

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Have you wondered why those check points are placed in Israel ? I think that the main reason is to stop terrorists who want to blow up themselves in israeli cities to kill as many civilians as possible.
where on EARTH do you do your research?

Amadeus85
08-21-2007, 11:23 PM
where on EARTH do you do your research?
So explain me what those checkpoints are for?

The_Prince
08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
actually many times the checkpoints are useless and are meant to simply humiliate and make trouble for the palestinians, which the israelis admited. again stop making excuses for your crimes and humiliating actions you commit against Muslims. you dont have the right to put checkpoints on someone else's land and disrupting their movement nor bar them from moving around THEIR LAND, these checkpoints have nothing to do with checking ppl from getting into israel, they are IN PALESTINIAN land did u miss that part? many women have died at checkpoints because they werent allowed to go to hospitals to give birth, and many other such similar incidents. so plz dont try to justify these acts but i know you will continue to do, the love of Jesus i feel it!

The_Prince
08-21-2007, 11:55 PM
and i said checkpoints in palestine not israel

beespreeteam
08-22-2007, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
1) The thread title is wrong, He wasn't "thought to be a terrorist", his name was on a watch list.

2) "Just shows how stupid these people are...They're soiling themselves with fear. Why is it that Muslims are always feared? We never did nothin' to no one ...
Totally, absolutely, ridiculous!"
Perhaps this poster has just awakened from suspended animation after a long space flight? Need I say more?

3) The article says at one point he was alone, but his father was with him in Manchester??? If he were truly alone and were stopped, that is very unfortunate, as it would frighten a child. Something is wrong with the story, it seems.

4) The problem has been apparently solved with a passport modification.

5) Richard Reid was stopped once by French authorities..then he was allowed to board the next day.

6) The idiots at Homeland Security ban box cutters and flammable liquids from airplanes. You sometimes have to take your shoes off now. Idiots, huh?

7) Does anyone doubt for one minute there are those, even now, who would want to kill as many Americans and Brits as possible in the most newsworthy fashion possible? Do you really think they will try the same technique? Do you really think they give a **** about how old the victims are? Either you try to design a system to stop would be murderers before they get on a plane (or into the country) or you just accept the consequences. Either the net is too fine or it is too porous. Which do you think makes more sense? If you want to talk about the most rational screening system, then you are talking about profiling. Is that what you want? Do you want security asking what religion the passenger believes in? The Israeli system is much better (more secure). Is that what you want? You want to get on an El Al flight as an Arab Muslim you better be ready for some serious questioning.

From my point of view, if there are fewer Saudi visitors to Disneyland because of secuirty issues...tough ****, that is just the way it has to be for now. Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps the nation that landed men on the moon is all comprised of idiots.
Well, you see, having studied the psychology of risk and threat, it's just funny how you have a greater chance of being shot down in the street than you have of having your plane hijacked. Unfortunately, there's more effort and a hell of a lot more money spent on the latter, as well as the constant bombardment of 'terror alerts' and 'terror threats'. Humans feel more threatened when the potential threat is said to exist by another person. It's just funny that's all. And it's funny to see everyday people worry more about terror threats than their kid being killed by a deer. And you should watch your language :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
So explain me what those checkpoints are for?
occupation

Cognescenti
08-22-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by beespreeteam
Well, you see, having studied the psychology of risk and threat, it's just funny how you have a greater chance of being shot down in the street than you have of having your plane hijacked. Unfortunately, there's more effort and a hell of a lot more money spent on the latter, as well as the constant bombardment of 'terror alerts' and 'terror threats'. Humans feel more threatened when the potential threat is said to exist by another person. It's just funny that's all. And it's funny to see everyday people worry more about terror threats than their kid being killed by a deer. And you should watch your language :)
Sorry, that argument does not work. It might work for an irrational fear or some natural event which I have no capacity to modify, but concern about a hijacking of a commerical airliner is demonstarbly neither of those. That the will still exists to do such a thing there can be no doubt. The only reason there has not been another hijacking or willful destruction of a US airliner since 9-11 is precisely because new security measures have been applied. I judge I have just about zero chance of being shot on the street. I don't belong to a gang or work the night shift at a convenience store or work in law enforcement. On the other hand, if I take a flight to or from London, then the risk is finite. Furthermore, my personal risk in flying isn't really the point, is it? It is more about preventing a successful attack on American citizens or interests. That is one of the few Constitutional obligations of the Federal Gvmt. Do you think when Daniel Pearl had his head sawn off because he was an American Jew my response was...eh..."I'm not a reporter..who cares".

You largely miss the point. The no-fly list is more about prohibiting bad guys from getting on US soil where they might do something undesireable.

As for watching my language, I typed in asterisks :D ..and He77 is a four letter word too. :giggling:

MTAFFI
08-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I wonder if this young boy ever watched "Tommorrows Pioneers"? Oh yeah but why would anyone want to question him he is only 7 right? Saraa Barhoum is 11 yrs old, she says she would love to be a martyr and you people sit here and wonder "Why are people so pessimistic about Muslims" the answer is in the barbaric and backwards nature of the Arab culture, not in Islam because Islam does not promote or condone the ignorant and disgusting behavior that is displayed today by many that claim to be followers of the religion.

backbencher
08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Prince,

There are IDF checkpoints in the West Bank in order to make attacks on Israeli cities difficult. The IDF has been largely successful of late in preventing bomb attacks in Israel proper, leaving the Gazan terrorist groups to resort to homemade unguided rockets. No one disputes that military checkpoints make life for Palestinians very difficult; however, suicide bombers on Israeli buses makes life itself for Israeli bus passengers rather difficult to maintain.

FARMERS FIGHT!

backbencher

wilberhum
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I have been looking, but I can’t find it.

A while back I saw a picture posted on this forum of a child, about 1 year old, maybe less, dressed up as a Palestinian suicide Bomber.

I so wanted to post it here. If anyone knows of it, this would be a good place to post it.

Keltoi
08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I have been looking, but I can’t find it.

A while back I saw a picture posted on this forum of a child, about 1 year old, maybe less, dressed up as a Palestinian suicide Bomber.

I so wanted to post it here. If anyone knows of it, this would be a good place to post it.
That of course is the fault of the parents, not the child.

wilberhum
08-22-2007, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
That of course is the fault of the parents, not the child.
Are you telling me that a 1 year old is not responsible for what his parients do? :skeleton:

Keltoi
08-22-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Are you telling me that a 1 year old is not responsible for what his parients do? :skeleton:
;D Yeah, something like that.

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I wonder if this young boy ever watched "Tommorrows Pioneers"? Oh yeah but why would anyone want to question him he is only 7 right? Saraa Barhoum is 11 yrs old, she says she would love to be a martyr and you people sit here and wonder "Why are people so pessimistic about Muslims" the answer is in the barbaric and backwards nature of the Arab culture, not in Islam because Islam does not promote or condone the ignorant and disgusting behavior that is displayed today by many that claim to be followers of the religion.
so are you now saying its ok to stop Muslim kids and take them as terrorists? that does look like what your saying from your wording, are you now claiming its ok to stop Muslim kids, and that Muslim kids are terrorists? make your statement more clear

Yanal
08-23-2007, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
That's terrible.
It is and it might be told remember not all muslims are nice and good and honest like Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and proberly his father was a terriost and got shot so he took revenege! just my opinions:)

Umm Yoosuf
08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum and Greetings

I cannot believe some of you members are arguing over this. Come on. This is ridiculous!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum and Greetings

I cannot believe some of you members are arguing over this. Come on. This is ridiculous!
to be honest thats the main reason i had to clarify, because some of the claims are so ridiculous that its too hard to not reply

seeker_of_ilm
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
:sl:

I think its time this thread was closed.

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.