/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fencing problem coursework

afriend
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
:sl:

I'm currently doing this coursework in which you have to find the maximum area using any sided/type of shape with perimeter of 1000 Metres, seems pretty straight forward but I'm stuck on the first bit :mmokay:..I'm trying to work out how I'm supposed to construct a right angle triangle with 1000m [can be represented by 10cm as my drawings are all scaled to 1cm:100m].

Can anyone shed some light on a lost soul? :cry: It would also be great if those who have done this before to share their experiences :D JazakAllah khair!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) help you my dearest baby bro. Ameen (say ameen)

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
lol maths coursework man am i glad i got mine done and over with lol
i dont get the bit in brackets do u have to try to work out the construct of the right angle (always adds up to 90 degrees) in the ratio of 1cm:100m

jeeeez im not very good in maths lol

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Oh no, it's nothing to do with the angles. I'm trying to get the perimeter of the triangle to add up to 1000M, which is represented as 10CM on my paper, hence the ratio of 1cm on the paper = 100m if it were to be in real life.

Regarding your completion of the coursework, masha'Allah, but for me, the only time I can really work is when I'm under pressure, in other words I'm a last minute person.
oh i seee... sorry... thats confusing lol hehehe
i dont get it lol r u like doing higher or foundation
ok im not sure but would u do summet like 1000m divide by 10 and then times it by summet lol im making it up hehehehe

i do that sometimes like when i get homework or summet i do it like in the middle of the night lol
anyway hope u get on well with ur coursework
take care
:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maarya
08-20-2007, 07:04 PM

i did this coursework last year.
i didnt use right-angled triangles. you can only use isosilies (sorry bout spelling) triangles because the perimeter has to add up to 1000

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
it would have been abit easier if the triangle was equilateral (lol i think thats how u spell it)

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 07:09 PM
I've edited the post :D so urm...Maybe it'll make more sense now?

Also, I'm doing higher :uuh: dunno how or why lol but I think I'll make it :hmm: Insha'Allah.

Well right angles is in my notes!! :cry: :'(
ohhhh ok... :eek:
im doing foundation imsad :embarrass
so i dunno...
inshAllah u will get there :D

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 07:10 PM

Yep, I've done equilateral, as well as isoclese, which is definitely not the right spelling, all that remain now are right angles and scalenes, which are another headache!
lol i really do hate maths now hehehehe
well atleast my teacher is okay cuz she helped me and my class out alot with our coursework wich i dont think is aloud but she did lol hehehe

Maarya
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Also, I'm doing higher :uuh: dunno how or why lol but I think I'll make it :hmm: Insha'Allah.

Well right angles is in my notes!! :cry: :'( As a matter of fact all 4 types are in my freakin notes! GRR!!
i did higher aswell...dnt worry its not that bad!

we used regular shapes, for shapes with sides of 3(triangles) up until 10(decagon).
we did different sized sides for the shapes, but it has to always add up to make 1000. if that makes any sense at all?

i would recommend that you ask sis Amatul Malik to help as she was quite good at doing this coursework...she helped me alot!

Neelam92
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
spelling of isosceles is this lol hehehe
i guess im better at english than maths hahaha
not that it matters

sapphire
08-21-2007, 01:12 AM
i dont kno if you got anywhere but does this equation help: 200² + 375² = 425²

ill come bak to this thread tomorrow Insha'Allah, when my brain is still operating...past 2 am and i dont know what im talking about! i may still be a bit confused as to what you are asking and that (above) equation may be something completely off.....

Neelam92
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
:giggling: Yeah, I'm waiting for her :D

lol...As long as you have something you're good at it's all good, for me it's all the science subjects, which I'm getting the results for this thursday, though I'm not too bothered cos whatever happens is in the hands of Allah.
yeh true, for me its biology and physics and english lol
well good luck for thursday
take care

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
LOL !

may Allah assist you in this jihaad :p Ameen !

Md Mashud
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
PM me for help on this coursework - I got the formulas! :D. I think I got 23/24 on this coursework...

The Ruler
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm going on like a headless chicken here :cry:
Hey, can see that image of yours?

By the way, explain to me what on the sugary custardy but blue creation of dear Lord are you stuck on? I might be able to help since I did get higher on this fencing coursework than the pathetic Mayfield one. What marks, I would be embarrassed to disclose.

Yanal
08-31-2007, 01:00 AM

I'm currently doing this coursework in which you have to find the maximum area using any sided/type of shape with perimeter of 1000 Metres, seems pretty straight forward but I'm stuck on the first bit :mmokay:..I'm trying to work out how I'm supposed to construct a right angle triangle with 1000m [can be represented by 10cm as my drawings are all scaled to 1cm:100m].

Can anyone shed some light on a lost soul? :cry: It would also be great if those who have done this before to share their experiences :D JazakAllah khair!

What^o) i cannot understand anything so you mean if your page is 10cm you will need like a hippo stack of paper

and whose the lost soul i will give it my lamp light(but who will pay the electricity bill) being sarcastic uff

Yanal
08-31-2007, 01:30 AM
I think this is going to be himhttp://austinist.com/attachments/mic...ss_chicken.gif

click on the link and check out iqrams after head

The Ruler
09-02-2007, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
What^o) i cannot understand anything so you mean if your page is 10cm you will need like a hippo stack of paper

and whose the lost soul i will give it my lamp light(but who will pay the electricity bill) being sarcastic uff
Sarcasm? I think not.

Why thank you for the image you provided, although I doubt it'd be authentic.

if I get stuck, I'll let you know :)
Very well. I shall be glad if I could help.

09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
huh? what do u mean? :hmm:

09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
You make it out of 5 isosceles triangles..

360/5 = 72 (the angle at the top of each isosceles triangle in a pentagon (in the centre of the pentagon)

then you do: (180-72)/2 = the other two angles in each triangle

then u stick them all together :D

is that what you're looking for:?

Kittygyal
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/55120.html

Im poor at maths :X

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 04:23 AM
yeah, join the club. i totally suck at it.

10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
hmm.. what do you know about the parallelogram? lengths of the sides? angles?

rozeena
10-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Ameen :D I'd also like to say...I hate maths :)

lol! dat made me lauf lol:giggling::giggling:

'Abd al-Baari
11-08-2007, 08:49 PM

If only you were born a year later..no coursework..:D

Lucky me! ;D

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
^lol...;D just wait bro...next year...it'll hit you like a ton of bricks...

if only you were born a year later :shade:

lol...

The Ruler
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

If only you were born a year later..no coursework..:D

Lucky me! ;D
But unlike you <Abdullah>, Iqii will go into the exam hall with 20%-30% of his mark as an A/A* which would relieve a lot of stress.

So Iqiiqi, what's the prolem now?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.