/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any du'as to remove my depression?

Muhammad
08-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Praise be to Allaah.

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem

(there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth

(O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

And it was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed?

Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an

(Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).’”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi

(O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’

- but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, edited by Shaykh al-Albaani, p. 72

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=5112&ln=eng

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
What to say if you are afraid to go to sleep or feel lonely and depressed

"أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ غَضَبِهِ وَعِقَابِهِ، وَشَرِّ عِبَادِهِ، وَمِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ وَأَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ".

'A'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min ghadhabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri 'ibaadihi, wa min hamazaatish-shayaateeni wa 'an yahdhuroon.

I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of devils and from their presence.

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/12. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At- Tirmithi 3/171

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

Muhammad
08-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Invocations in times of worry and grief

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Reference: Ahmad 1/391, and Al-Albani graded it authentic.

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal .

O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others) .

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/158. See also Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/173.

Muhammad
08-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Invocations for anguish

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahul-'Adheemul-Haleem, laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu Rabbul-'Arshil-'Adheem, laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-'ardhi wa Rabbul-'Arshil-Kareem .

There is none worthy of worship but Allah the Mighty, the Forbearing. There is none worthy of worship but Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne. There is none worthy of worship but Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth, and Lord of the Noble Throne.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 8/154, Muslim 4/2092

Allaahumma rahmataka 'arjoo falaa takilnee 'ilaa nafsee tarfata 'aynin, wa 'aslih lee sha'nee kullahu, laa'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta.

O Allah , I hope for Your mercy . Do not leave me to myself even for the blinking of an eye (i.e. a moment) . Correct all of my affairs for me . There is none worthy of worship but You.

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/324, Ahmad 5/42. Al-Albani graded it as good in Sahih Abu Dawud 3/959.

Laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta subhaanaka 'innee kuntu minadh-dhaalimeen .

There is none worthy of worship but You, glory is to You. Surely, I was among the wrongdoers.

Reference: At-Tirmithi 5/529. Al-Hakim declared it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed with him 1/ 505. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/168.

Allaahu Allaahu Rabbee laa 'ushriku bihishay'an.

Allah, Allah is my Lord. I do not associate anything with Him.

Reference: Abu Dawud 2/87. See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Mdjah 2/335.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahsan28
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I many not contribute some specific duaa, but here is an informative article on the subject

Islamic Perspective On Stress and Depression

Psychiatrists have identified some fifty stressors. In fact any change, good or bad, is stressful. A change in job or job description, in school, residence, financial status, loss or gain of a family member or close friend, injury or illness, national calamity or news of riots or violence all can be extremely stressful. Muslims living in a non-Muslim society may acquire some additional stress. These may include such factors as preserving their identity, practicing Islam (i.e. in food matters or timing of prayer), defending Islam on a hostile media and settling conflicts between family members: the spouse, parent/child, and practicing/non-practicing factions.

Factors Leading To Stress

a. Fear of the unknown, and our inability to recognize, foresee and control it.

b. Loss of things and people in our life dear to us and our inability to recover these losses or accept them.

c. Conflicts between the mind and reality and our failure to accept the reality (i.e. the phase of denial). It is the lack of inner peace due to our internal conflicts which leads to the external disturbances in our behavior and affects our health.

The Quran
Our losses are a part of trial for us, "Be sure We will test you with something offear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives, but give glad tidings to those who are steadfast, who say when afflicted with calamity, 'To God we belong and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom (descend) blessings from God and mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance" (2:155),

Complete article here

http://www.islam-usa.com/h6.html

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
can people prevent themselves from becoming depressed?

what i mean by that is, is stress a test, a hardship, from Allah which is given to test a person?

"wal qadri sharri minAllah"!

AnonymousPoster
08-21-2007, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
can people prevent themselves from becoming depressed?

what i mean by that is, is stress a test, a hardship, from Allah which is given to test a person?

"wal qadri sharri minAllah"!
itha kitha? ^

What is even anguish? :-[ :-\

Huma*
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Assalamlaykum,

There are lots of dua'a for this purpose but these two specially works for me.

Laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta subhaanaka 'innee kuntu minadh-dhaalimeen .

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Can you give me the meaning of the second dua please sis,

If possible!

jazakillah khair in advance. Tc :)

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
jazakAllah! just what i wanted!!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
itha kitha? ^
oh sry boyn, it means "and bad is from Allah"

but its from imaan-e-muffasal,

amantubillahi (i bring faith in Allah)
wa malaaikathihi (and his angels)
wa kuthoobihi (and his books)
wa rusoolihi (and his messengers)
wal qadri khayrihi (and that destiny, wether Good)
wa sharrihi (or bad)
minAllah (is from Allah)
wal ba3si ba3dal mawth (and in the truth of death I THINK)

wat does ba'dal mean? :hiding:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ttifullll.html

What is even anguish? :-[ :-\

dunno wat u mean there boyn..

Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh sorry i knew i heard it somewhere :laugh:

"Amantu billahi, wa malaikatihi, wa kutubihi, wa rusulihi, wal yawmil akhiri, wal qadari khayrihi wa sharrihi minallahi ta'ala, wal ba'thi ba'dal mawt." This means: "I believe in Allah, in His angels, in His books, in His messengers, in the Last Day, and that everything good or bad is decreed by Allah, and in life after death."

jazakAllah i'll watch it now.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
i left out last day :hiding:

jazakAllah khair, ye chek out the nasheed, its my favorite at the moment Alhamdulillah

Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I did, i like it, jazakAllah KHAIR for sharing.

Taqiyah
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
salaamz...

I am not sure if someone already posted this Du'a but anywayz here it is.....it did help me a lot:)

Alahuma La Sahla Ila maja'altahu sahla wa'anta taj'alu al huzna idaa shi'ita sahlaa

O Allah, nothing is easy except that which you make easy and only you can make the difficult easy

salaam.

Huma*
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Can you give me the meaning of the second dua please sis,

If possible!

jazakillah khair in advance. Tc :)

This is the meaning of second Dua:

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Pk_#2
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
jazakillah khair :)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Huma*
08-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Assalamalykum,

These are some good Quotes, Hope this will help in easing up a tense situation.

"We cannot change the past or draw the future as we want. Why should we kill ourselves regretting something that we cannot change."

""Don't say Oh God! I have a big problem, instead, say Hey problem I have a big God."

"Psychological anxiety is worse than physical illness."

"Control your thoughts and you will be happy."

"Think positively when things get bad on one day, for that may be the prelude to another day filled with joy and happiness."

"Your happiness does depend on anyone else, rather, it is in your own hands."

"Frustration is your wrost enemy, for it has the power to destroy peace of mind."

"If you have made mistakes in the past, learn from them, then let them go."

"Be happy with what is in your hand, content with whatever Allah has decreed and give up all daydreams that do not suit your efforts and abilities."

"Do not worry about things that you cannot perform, rather, spend time on improving what you can improve."

"When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power".

" The secret of happiness is to make others believe they are the cause of it".

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? :)

JazakAllah for reading.

Huma*
08-23-2007, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
jazakillah khair :)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

WalaikumAssalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

JazakAllah :)

جوري
08-24-2007, 12:49 AM
you should make this thread sticky..
I was looking for such du3a all week, alhough, I preatty much know all the above, it is nice to have easy access..
Many of us aren't very dextrous with the search feature
:w:

Farhan1
09-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Aslamu Alaikum,
Brothers and sisters,
If you face a problem you have to do two things one is ask dua to ALLAH and the next one is to put an effort from yourside to solve it. As for depression is concerned the medicines will not help you out its just a short remedy.You do meditation for 10minutes in the morning and in the evening it will help you alot. Pray to ALLAH this is enough you can see a change in 3 - 6 months time you wont be having depression in your life if you practice meditaion daily inshalllah.

~ Sabr ~
03-29-2016, 02:12 PM
:bump:ing for new members :ia:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.