/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Medicine-alcohol

Neelam92
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
aslamualakum bros and sisters

im not sure if i have posted this in the right place buti will ask my question anyway...
i was wondering if ur aloud to take medicine that may contain alcohol in it?:?

cuz in the past i had cancer and i took some medicine (tablets) that contained alcohol in it but it saved my life in a way and also in some of the drips that i carried!!!

thanks
neelam
:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
^ i heard the haram may become halal in a life and death situation.

but i also heard that its more rewarding to avoid the haram in such a situation,

there was once a great mujaahid whos legs had to be amputated, he was asked if he wanted alcohol to ease the pain greatly but he denied it, his legs were amputated and he felt the anguish and aggravation!
(heard this in sum lecture, TRU STORY, i forgot the sahabi's name :( !!)

so sis, its up to you, but its halal inshaAllah in life or death situations, and Allah is the most merciful :)

if im wrong someone correct me asap!!!

Isambard
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ i heard the haram may become halal in a life and death situation.

but i also heard that its more rewarding to avoid the haram in such a situation,

there was once a great mujaahid whos legs had to be amputated, he was asked if he wanted alcohol to ease the pain greatly but he denied it, his legs were amputated and he felt the anguish and aggravation!
(heard this in sum lecture, TRU STORY, i forgot the sahabi's name :( !!)

so sis, its up to you, but its halal inshaAllah in life or death situations, and Allah is the most merciful :)

if im wrong someone correct me asap!!!
I dont know if the two situations are comparable. In her case, the alcohol was essential to preserve her life, while in your example, it wasnt essential but a preference to ease pain.

Now I am not saying its halal or haram, just making an observation:D

chacha_jalebi
08-23-2007, 08:05 PM
salaam

if its life saving then the ulema say its allowed for that situation and time only, so when your like realy badly ill and dyin:p then if the only solution is a beer or alchohol then your allowed to take it to save your life, and then thats it!!

some peeps say alchohol keeps ya body warm during them long winter nights but erm what are HEATERS for :p

so the moral of the story is :D that if in a life threatenin situation take it, but if theres other alternatives, then take them because they are better and halal:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.