/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ALL water turn into Blood!?

back_to_faith
05-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Jesus' prophecy in John 13:38 (“The cock shall not crow, till thou
[Peter] hast denied me three times”)

Is obviously false,as according to Mark 14:66-68 shows the
cock crowed after the first denial, not the third.

Mark 14:66

And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:

67And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.

68But he denied(the first denial), saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamic
08-23-2007, 06:14 PM
In the book of Exodus, chapter 7 verse 19, King James Version of the Bible, we read this:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone."

verse 20 reads:

"And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood."

Meaning, ALL THE WATER in Egypt was turned into BLOOD. But, verse 22 read this:

"And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said."

What the magicians did? ALL THE water was previously turned into blood, what they did? If all water was blood, how could they do the same?!!

islamic
08-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Brother, there are many such contradictions in the Bible, that is a proof that Bible is NOT A WORD OF GOD, for sure ... like the Quran says, if it is from other beside Allah, you will find in it many contradictions! And Elhamdulilah, in the Quran there is NO contradiction!

I like some christian to try to debate about this, the Peter denial or to accept that this is unfulfilled prophecy.

Isambard
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by back_to_faith
Jesus' prophecy in John 13:38 (“The cock shall not crow, till thou

Is obviously false,as according to Mark 14:66-68 shows the
cock crowed after the first denial, not the third.

Mark 14:66

And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:

67And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.

68But he denied(the first denial), saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
Mark 14:66-72 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Peter Disowns Jesus
66While Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest came by. 67When she saw Peter warming himself, she looked closely at him.
"You also were with that Nazarene, Jesus," she said.
68But he denied it. "I don't know or understand what you're talking about," he said, and went out into the entryway.[a]

69When the servant girl saw him there, she said again to those standing around, "This fellow is one of them." 70Again he denied it.
After a little while, those standing near said to Peter, "Surely you are one of them, for you are a Galilean."

71He began to call down curses on himself, and he swore to them, "I don't know this man you're talking about."

72Immediately the rooster crowed the second time.[b] Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows twice[c] you will disown me three times." And he broke down and wept.

Footnotes:

Mark 14:68 Some early manuscripts entryway and the rooster crowed
Mark 14:72 Some early manuscripts do not have the second time.
Mark 14:72 Some early manuscripts do not have twice.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...=mark+14:66-72

Seems like a problem with your translation not with the scripture

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
An athiest beat to it...:)

Trumble
08-23-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Nothing wrong with the translation. But.. as you made clear, the matter is easily resolved by anyone taking the trouble to read the next four verses. A great many things seem "obviously false" when the full context is deliberately denied to reader, which is why as in all such cases it is wisest to check references yourself.

Abdul Fattah
08-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Selam alykum
It doesn't state whether or not the first transformation was temporarily or permanent, secondly it could also have rained new water, or the Nile could have brought fresh water into Egypt as it keeps flowing. It seems like red herring and splitting hairs, so I'm gonna go ahead and just close this one since I don't think it's a good base for constructive "comparative-religion-discussion"
Selam aleykum

back_to_faith
08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Mark 14:66-72 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Peter Disowns Jesus
66While Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest came by. 67When she saw Peter warming himself, she looked closely at him.
"You also were with that Nazarene, Jesus," she said.
68But he denied it. "I don't know or understand what you're talking about," he said, and went out into the entryway.[a]

69When the servant girl saw him there, she said again to those standing around, "This fellow is one of them." 70Again he denied it.
After a little while, those standing near said to Peter, "Surely you are one of them, for you are a Galilean."

71He began to call down curses on himself, and he swore to them, "I don't know this man you're talking about."

72Immediately the rooster crowed the second time.[b] Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows twice[c] you will disown me three times." And he broke down and wept.

Footnotes:

Mark 14:68 Some early manuscripts entryway and the rooster crowed
Mark 14:72 Some early manuscripts do not have the second time.
Mark 14:72 Some early manuscripts do not have twice.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...=mark+14:66-72

well, wish you listened to the advice of trumble,and wish he did it too:
(A great many things seem "obviously false" when the full context is deliberately denied to reader, which is why as in all such cases it is wisest to check references yourself)

before showing you that you didn't get the problem of my first post post well,
I would like to give you sincere advice:

If a christian claims to be atheist for the glory of God,that would't help his case...
from time to time we find persons as you and those alike who fancy themselves that by claiming to be athiests,and supporting the Bible as well...the muslims will wonder (oh Goodness even atheists support the Bible) !!!

That is really pathetic....
If you claim to be atheist,just go on ..but you would be the first so called atheist I ever knew that believed that the prophecy under discussion is true one......

now let show you the problem and with all translations:

in John 13:38

and in all translations the same meaning:

37Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You."

38Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for Me? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times.

in other words Peter will deny Jesus three times , before the rooster crows .

Now in

Mark 14 (King James Version)

66And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:

68But he denied(first denial), saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.

69And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.

70And he denied it again(second denial). And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.

71But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.

72And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

Mark 14 (The Message)
The Rooster Crowed
66-67While all this was going on, Peter was down in the courtyard. One of the Chief Priest's servant girls came in and, seeing Peter warming himself there, looked hard at him and said, "You were with the Nazarene, Jesus."
68 He denied it: "I don't know what you're talking about." He went out on the porch. A rooster crowed.

69-70The girl spotted him and began telling the people standing around, "He's one of them." He denied it again.

After a little while, the bystanders brought it up again. "You've got to be one of them. You've got 'Galilean' written all over you."

71-72Now Peter got really nervous and swore, "I never laid eyes on this man you're talking about." Just then the rooster crowed a second time. Peter remembered how Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows twice, you'll deny me three times." He collapsed in tears.

Mark 14 (American Standard Version)

66 And as Peter was beneath in the court, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest;

67 and seeing Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and saith, Thou also wast with the Nazarene, even Jesus.

68 But he denied, saying, I neither know, nor understand what thou sayest: and he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.

69 And the maid saw him, and began again to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.

70 But he again denied it. And after a little while again they that stood by said to Peter, of a truth thou art one of them; for thou art a Galilaean.

71 But he began to curse, and to swear, I know not this man of whom ye speak.

72 And straightway the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word, how that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

All the other translations have exactly the same basic points:

After the first denial of Peter ,the cock crew.

while Jesus' prophecy in John 13:38 (“The cock shall not crow, till thou

Is it Clear now,my dear,so called atheist??

AmarFaisal
08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
May I know who Peter was. What I understand from the context here is that he was a follower of Prophet Jesus (AS), and he denied him.

zarhad
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
one thing i dont understand is even the things that havent been changed and re worded and re wrote in the bible...like not eatting pork is still in there...but they just ignore it..why listen to some of it but not all of it i mean they believe it to be entirly correct so then why not at least listen to the whole thing...
never understood that...

islamic
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
one thing i dont understand is even the things that havent been changed and re worded and re wrote in the bible...like not eatting pork is still in there...but they just ignore it..why listen to some of it but not all of it i mean they believe it to be entirly correct so then why not at least listen to the whole thing...
never understood that...
sister :smile: in Christian doctrine and in the Bible there are A LOT OF THINGS that can not be understandable for simple logic. Only a brainwashed mind, only a programmed mind of a blind Christian says that "he understand them"!
They follow Paul instead of following Jesus, Jesus didn't eat pork, Jesus was keeping the commandments of the OT, and Paul came and mixed everything.

Abdul Fattah
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I merged this with the water into blood thread because again I'm thinking this isn't constructive. Like Trumble said, these scriptures are easily misinterpreted. And there are a lot of people making the same false conclusions about quranic ayath to. In fact by red herring about the bible like this I feel we are inviting the christian members to do the same with the qur'an, that's why I think it's best to merge this with the closed topic, so in effect this one will be closed to.

Edit: I think perhaps my initial explanation for closing the thread wasn't very clear so allow me to clarify:
The problem I had was not so much with arguing from the bible, but more with the methodology of the arguments which I think are counterproductive.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.