/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mosque project stirs concerns about the integration of Islam in Germany

Uthman
08-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Plan stirs concerns about integration
August 22, 2007
BY TOM HUNDLEY

CHICAGO TRIBUNE

COLOGNE, Germany -- Never mind that a local brothel claiming to be
Europe's largest calls itself the Pasha and sports an ersatz arabesque theme.

Some residents of this ancient city on the banks of the Rhine see the brothel as a shining example of their tolerance. But what irks them is that some Muslims want to build a mosque, complete with a dome and minarets.

The residents complain that the minarets would clash with the towering spires of the city's celebrated 13th-Century cathedral. But as the debate heats up, it has revealed a cultural schism that goes much deeper than any disagreement over architectural aesthetics.For Cologne's 120,000 Muslims, most of them of Turkish origin, the $20-million mosque is clearly intended to be more than a house of prayer. It is a symbol of the community's growing sense of pride and confidence, a marker of its determination to take what it sees as its rightful place in German society.

"After 50 years in this country, it is time for us to move out of the mosques in backrooms and abandoned warehouses and to worship in a real mosque," said Mehmet Yildirim, director of the Turkish-Islamic Union for Religious Affairs, the organization behind the construction of the mosque.

But Cardinal Joachim Meisner, spiritual leader of the city's Catholics and a close friend of Pope Benedict XVI, has said that the proposed mosque leaves him with an "uneasy feeling."

Monsignor Rainer Fischer, another Catholic clergyman in the city, said: "The idea of building the mosque has brought up a number of issues that have always been there but were submerged.

"Now they are out in the open."

These issues include Germany's fears about the rising tide of Muslim immigration across Europe, frustrations over the failure to integrate

Germany's 2.7 million Turkish immigrants and gnawing doubts about whether the Turks and other Muslim immigrants truly want to integrate into a Western society.

With Turkey pressing for membership in the European Union, the debate in Cologne has taken on a greater urgency: If Germany is made uneasy by the presence of 2.7 million Turks in its midst, how would Europe integrate an entire nation of 72 million?

'An enriching contribution'

The mosque, which would be one of Europe's largest, has been years in the planning.

The Turkish-Islamic Union held a competition for its design. Out of more than 100 entries, it chose one submitted by Cologne architect Paul Boehm, son of the renowned church architect and Pritzker Prize-winner Gottfried Boehm.

Paul Boehm's design blends elements of Ottoman classicism with cutting-edge modernity. The main worship area is enclosed in a large glass-and-concrete dome, which is intended to suggest openness and transparency.

"We wanted something that was clearly a Cologne mosque, something that would be an enriching contribution to the city," said Yildirim, who noted that money to build the mosque was raised entirely from local donations.

The new mosque would be built on the site of the Turkish-Islamic Union's current mosque, a converted pharmaceutical factory across the street from a gas station and car wash. The location, in a scruffy immigrant section of the city called Ehrenfeld, is less than 2 miles from Cologne's famous cathedral.

"The architecture is, in my opinion, fantastic," said Fischer, who is the Catholic Church's representative on Cologne's council of religions. "I see it as a bridge between Christian Europe and the style of the Ottomans."
Fischer said that his only recommendation would be to scale down the size.

'A symbol of isolation'

Other cities in Germany, including Berlin, have seen the construction of major mosques in recent years. No one other than the far-right fringe raised any real objection to the Cologne project -- at least not until Ralph Giordano, a respected German-Jewish writer, warned that the mosque was an example of the so-called creeping Islamization of Europe.

Given the horrors of Germany's 20th-Century history, the country's politicians and commentators tend to tread carefully in debates that raise questions about religious and ethnic tolerance. But Giordano's comments -- and his credentials as a Holocaust survivor -- seemed to be a green light for others to criticize the proposed mosque.

"The mosque is not a symbol of integration, it's a symbol of isolation, the symbol of an isolated enclave of Oriental culture," said Joerg Uckermann, deputy mayor of the Ehrenfeld district and a member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union.

"I think the minarets are a sign of sharia" -- Islamic law -- "and I do not want that here. This is a Christian city," Uckermann said, openly expressing what many residents would say only in private.

The ferocity of the opposition has come as a shock to members of the
Turkish community. It also angers them.

"They are saying that this is a Christian nation, and there is no space for any other religion? This is against all the principles of freedom and democracy," said Yildirim.

Cologne Mayor Fritz Schramma said that while he is sympathetic to the fears of residents who believe the Muslim community has not done enough to integrate, he believes that allowing the community to build a prestigious place of worship "will be a step toward open dialogue and integration."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sami Zaatari
08-24-2007, 12:26 AM
this should wake us Muslims up.....but too bad it wont we will continue to be push-overs!

ban christianity all over the Muslim world

جوري
08-24-2007, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
[B]
But Cardinal Joachim Meisner, spiritual leader of the city's Catholics and a close friend of Pope Benedict XVI, has said that the proposed mosque leaves him with an "uneasy feeling."

[/URL]
ROFL ;D
perhaps an IM ceftriaxone and a 7 day course doxy. will take care of that 'uneasy feeling' for him... such uneasy feelings always need to be reported to the CDC thus I can understand his discomfort... what a joke!

Sami Zaatari
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
we should all become like saudia towards christianity

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
this should wake us Muslims up.....but too bad it wont we will continue to be push-overs!

That just about the case any way. It surly wouldn't be much of a change to the current condition. :thumbs_do

wilberhum
08-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I doubt that would be much of a change either. :skeleton:

Sami Zaatari
08-24-2007, 12:44 AM
yes it would be a change, since your an ignorant guy you dont know christianity is allowed in the muslim world, but we shud stop that.

wilberhum
08-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Cologne Mayor Fritz Schramma said that while he is sympathetic to the fears of residents who believe the Muslim community has not done enough to integrate, he believes that allowing the community to build a prestigious place of worship "will be a step toward open dialogue and integration."
Now it looks like someone wants to be reasonable.

wilberhum
08-24-2007, 12:49 AM
yes it would be a change, since your an ignorant guy you dont know christianity is allowed in the muslim world, but we shud stop that.
Oh Sami, back to your childish insults. :giggling:
I'm fully aware of how Christianity is allowed. If you read again, and quit just making assumptions you will notice I said "It surly wouldn't be much of a change to the current condition". :hmm:

I know it isn't baned, just suppressed. :D

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 01:27 AM
i don't know what the germans mean by "integration".
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think even the children of turkish are not recognized as german citizens, even though they were born in germany!
ugly.

north_malaysian
08-24-2007, 02:36 AM

A great majority of Malaysian Muslims are comfortable living together with non-Muslims... I dont think Christianity would be banned in this country.

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
ROFL ;D
perhaps an IM ceftriaxone and a 7 day course doxy. will take care of that 'uneasy feeling' for him... such uneasy feelings always need to be reported to the CDC thus I can understand his discomfort... what a joke!

Nice! Very tolerant of you.

FYI...she is simplying the Cardinal has a sexually transmitted disease.:(

جوري
08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Nice! Very tolerant of you.

FYI...she is simplying the Cardinal has a sexually transmitted disease.:(
I like 'simplying', I think you should coin it ;D

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Well and succinctly stated sir.

Sami...wherever you are..just stay there..OK?

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I like 'simplying', I think you should coin it ;D
Purely a typo. But I like it too. Maybe i should have the core of a molar drilled away more often.

Intisar
08-24-2007, 05:20 AM
:sl: Ridiculous. They're always saying that Muslims ''aren't doing enough''. They complain that the we're isolating ourselves instead of integrating into society. But when we do, they complain again that we are just trying to ''Islamize'' Europe or wherever! No one's ever satisfied with us!

ahsan28
08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Plan stirs concerns about integration
August 22, 2007
BY TOM HUNDLEY

CHICAGO TRIBUNE

These issues include Germany's fears about the rising tide of Muslim immigration across Europe, frustrations over the failure to integrate

"I think the minarets are a sign of sharia" -- Islamic law -- "and I do not want that here. This is a Christian city," Uckermann said, openly expressing what many residents would say only in private.

"They are saying that this is a Christian nation, and there is no space for any other religion? This is against all the principles of freedom and democracy," said Yildirim.

Source

Say Goodbye to Europe

As columnist Mark Steyn points out in his must-read new book, America Alone, "What's the Muslim population of Rotterdam? Forty percent. What's the most popular baby boy's name in Belgium? Mohammed. In Amsterdam? Mohammed. In Malmo, Sweden? Mohammed."

ISLAM, BY all accounts, is the fastest growing religion in Europe. According to projections by the US federal government's National Intelligence Council, the continent's current Muslim population of 20 million will likely double by 2025.

Jerusalem Post (Israel daily)

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/jpost/ac...dbye+to+Europe

guyabano
08-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, for those, who have never been to Cologne in Germany, it looks pretty well unique with its architecture, specially with the huge Cathedral in the city centre.
Now a mosque with minarets will definetely destroy the charme of this architecture.
I would like to hear muslims opinions, if christians would like to build a huge catherdral in Mekkah ! Then, where would be again the so-called muslim tolerance, while 'westerners' must swallow everything? Pffffft...

guyabano
08-24-2007, 07:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Say Goodbye to Europe

As columnist Mark Steyn points out in his must-read new book, America Alone, "What's the Muslim population of Rotterdam? Forty percent. What's the most popular baby boy's name in Belgium? Mohammed. In Amsterdam? Mohammed. In Malmo, Sweden? Mohammed."

ISLAM, BY all accounts, is the fastest growing religion in Europe. According to projections by the US federal government's National Intelligence Council, the continent's current Muslim population of 20 million will likely double by 2025.

Jerusalem Post (Israel daily)

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/jpost/ac...dbye+to+Europe
hmmm, I think, you have to review your info. I was curious, and I google that from Mohamed in Amsterdam. Here is the result from a netherland Webpage:

Girls names:

2007 (1e kwartaal)

1. Sophie
2. Lotte
3. Sanne
4. Lieke
5. Emma
6. Eva
7. Fleur
8. Noa
9. Anna
10. Julia
11. Isa
12. Lisa
13. Iris
14. Femke
15. Britt
16. Anouk
17. Roos
18. Amber
19. Anne
20. Maud

1. Sophie
2. Sanne
3. Lisa
4. Anna
5. Julia
6. Emma
7. Lieke
8. Fleur
9. Lotte
10. Eva
11. Iris
12. Anouk
13. Anne
14. Isa
15. Femke
16. Noa
17. Roos
18. Britt
19. Amber
20. Maud

1. Sanne
2. Emma
3. Anna
4. Iris
5. Anouk
6. Lisa
7. Eva
8. Julia
9. Lotte
10. Isa
11. Maud
12. Sophie
13. Fleur
14. Lieke
15. Anne
16. Amber
17. Noa
18. Roos
19. Marit
20. Femke

1. Sanne
2. Lotte
3. Emma
4. Anne
5. Iris
6. Anna
7. Julia
8. Femke
9. Lisa
10. Amber
11. Fleur
12. Britt
13. Eva
14. Isa
15. Anouk
16. Noa
17. Maud
18. Sophie
19. Naomi
20. Floor
and the boys:

2007 (1e kwartaal)

1. Daan
2. Tim
3. Sem
4. Jesse
5. Ruben
6. Thijs
7. Stijn
8. Lucas
9. Thomas
10. Milan
11. Lars
12. Sven
13. Luuk
14. Bram
15. Julian
16. Max
17. Finn
18. Niels
19. Jayden
20. Jasper

1. Sem
2. Daan
3. Thomas
4. Lars
5. Milan
6. Tim
7. Thijs
8. Jesse
9. Lucas
10. Sven
11. Stijn
12. Ruben
13. Bram
14. Luuk
15. Max
16. Finn
17. Niels
18. Jan
19. Nick
20. Tom

1. Daan
2. Sem
3. Thomas
4. Tim
5. Lucas
6. Lars
7. Thijs
8. Milan
9. Jesse
10. Bram
11. Max
12. Stijn
13. Niels
14. Ruben
15. Luuk
16. Sven
17. Nick
18. Jasper
19. Daniël
20. Tom

1. Sem
2. Daan
3. Thomas
4. Tim
5. Lars
6. Lucas
7. Bram
8. Milan
9. Max
10. Jesse
11. Niels
12. Thijs
13. Nick
14. Stijn
15. Sam
16. Luuk
17. Ruben
18. Tom
19. Daniël
20. Jaspe
Now where is this Mohamed ?

For the rest, I didn't even google, because I'm pretty sure, there will also be no Mohamed. And for your 'fastest religion in the world' story, use the search function of this forum and you will find out that this also not so true !

Source

Uthman
08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
:sl:

Is Germany a Christian country then?

:w:

guyabano
08-24-2007, 08:07 AM

Is Germany a Christian country then?

:w:
Protestants (concentrated in the north and east) and Roman Catholics (concentrated in the south and west) each comprise about 31% of the population. The current Pope, Benedict XVI, was born in Bavaria. In total, more than 55 million people officially belong to a Christian denomination. Non-religious people, including atheists and agnostics amount to 28.5% of the population, and are especially numerous in the former East Germany. About three million Muslims live in Germany. Most are Sunnis and Alevites from Turkey, but there are a small number of Shiites. Germany has Western Europe's third-largest Jewish population. In 2004, twice as many Jews from former Soviet republics settled in Germany as in Israel, bringing the total Jewish population to more than 200,000, compared to 30,000 prior to German reunification. Large cities with significant Jewish populations include Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich. According to the Deutsche Buddhistische Union (German Buddhist Union), an umbrella organisation of the Buddhist groups in Germany, there are about 250,000 active Buddhists in Germany; 50% of them are immigrated Asians.
Out of Wikipedia

I would say, yes, dominance is christian

and oh, btw, this would be this famous cathedral in Cologne, pretty impressive

Malaikah
08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I would like to hear muslims opinions, if christians would like to build a huge catherdral in Mekkah ! Then, where would be again the so-called muslim tolerance, while 'westerners' must swallow everything? Pffffft...
It is called separation of state and Church... I know westerners love it, but they don't seem too good at swallowing fact that it means Muslims have as much right to build mosques as Christians do to build churches now do they?

Question- Is Germany a country run by Christian law? As far as I know, it is not. So comparing to Makkah is completely pointless.

Protestants (concentrated in the north and east) and Roman Catholics (concentrated in the south and west) each comprise about 31% of the population. The current Pope, Benedict XVI, was born in Bavaria. In total, more than 55 million people officially belong to a Christian denomination. Non-religious people, including atheists and agnostics amount to 28.5% of the population, and are especially numerous in the former East Germany.
Wow, there are almost as many religion-less people as there are Christians!! Hardly Christian at all!

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
is it christian by definition? u.s. is majority christian also, but is not a christian country. we have separation of church and state, though far from perfect.
also - how can you look down on a group of people and then complain about them not assimilating?
is a child of a turk who was born in germany recognized as a german citizen - equal to all other germans?

guyabano
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
So comparing to Makkah is completely pointless.

Thank you, this was the kind of answers I expected

ahsan28
08-24-2007, 08:17 AM
hmmm, I think, you have to review your info. I was curious, and I google that from Mohamed in Amsterdam. Here is the result from a netherland Webpage:

Now where is this Mohamed ? [url]For the rest, I didn't even google, because I'm pretty sure, there will also be no Mohamed. And for your 'fastest religion in the world' story, use the search function of this forum and you will find out that this also not so true !

Source

The writer is talking about Muslims.

The writer further states

If you ever wanted to see Paris or Rome before you die, but haven't had a chance to do so, you might want to hurry. Soon enough, most of what we now think of as Western Europe will be transformed into a branch of the Muslim world.

So if you really want to see the Eiffel Tower up close, you had best not delay. Before you know it, it might just turn into a minaret.

By MICHAEL FREUND
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Well, you may disagree with the writer, that exactly is the essence of democracy :D

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:26 AM
this article sounds to me like fear mongering. beware the muslim menace! ;D

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:26 AM
guy,
would you please answer my questions? thanks.

guyabano
08-24-2007, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
is it christian by definition? u.s. is majority christian also, but is not a christian country. we have separation of church and state, though far from perfect.
also - how can you look down on a group of people and then complain about them not assimilating?
is a child of a turk who was born in germany recognized as a german citizen - equal to all other germans?
I don't look down on anybody. I just see the thread out from the architectural point of view, as it was also mentionned in the OP.
For those who know Cologne and its history and architecture, a big mosque with dome and minarets will hardly fit in. I'm not against a house of worship for muslims and neither the citizens of Cologne, but I'm pretty sure, it should be a more descent mosque.

Yes a turk born in Germany can have double citizenship, German and Turk (as far as I know)

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
what's indecent about a mosque? europe is changing.
also, i repeat - if a turkish resident has a baby born in germany, is that child considered an equal citizen?
ooops - i see you answered that. can you check it out to be sure? because i have read different.

Uthman
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ive-islam.html

Malaikah
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Thank you, this was the kind of answers I expected
Maybe if you stop to think about the difference between a secular country and a country rule by religious law you can reply with a more meaningful post.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the fact they are using $20 million to build this mosque. What are they going to do, gold plate the walls? :confused:

guyabano
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
The writer is talking about Muslims.

The writer further states

If you ever wanted to see Paris or Rome before you die, but haven't had a chance to do so, you might want to hurry. Soon enough, most of what we now think of as Western Europe will be transformed into a branch of the Muslim world.

So if you really want to see the Eiffel Tower up close, you had best not delay. Before you know it, it might just turn into a minaret.

By MICHAEL FREUND
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Well, you may disagree with the writer, that exactly is the essence of democracy :D
[sarcastic on] yeahh, sure !

[sarcastic off]

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
is germany a christian country by definition? (no separation of church and state)?

Amadeus85
08-24-2007, 11:31 AM
The presence of muslim immigrants will help Europeans to go back to their faith and tradition.

Amadeus85
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
is germany a christian country by definition? (no separation of church and state)?
Of course not. Germany has secular constitution.
In my opinion they should have mentioned in consitution special rights and priveleges for christian heritage. But thats just my opinion ^o)

Malaikah
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
If you are right, then they didn't, so they have no right to whine? Right? :D

Does any country have "special rights and priveleges for christian heritage", by the way?

Amadeus85
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Does any country have "special rights and priveleges for christian heritage", by the way?
Its a good question. I think that there is no such country. :uuh: At least i cant say any now. Maybe in future it will be necessary.

Suomipoika
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
It is called separation of state and Church... I know westerners love it, but they don't seem too good at swallowing fact that it means Muslims have as much right to build mosques as Christians do to build churches now do they?
Yes. But like in the many "school and the veil" threads, muslims have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I dont really know how it is in Germany, but here in Finland we reject building permits for buildings that would change the city landscape drastically.

Wow, there are almost as many religion-less people as there are Christians!! Hardly Christian at all!
Actually, there is twice as many christians as non-religious, protestants and catholics each have 31%.

i don't know what the germans mean by "integration".
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think even the children of turkish are not recognized as german citizens, even though they were born in germany!
ugly.
Untrue for any child whose atleast one parent has been living legally in Germany for over 8 years. I also wonder whats wrong in not giving citizenship automatically for children born to foreign parents.

More information here: http://www.justlanded.com/english/ge...ts/citizenship

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM

and oh, btw, this would be this famous cathedral in Cologne, pretty impressive

That is searingly beautiful, although that building to the left of frame looks architecturally discordant already as does the one with the TV tower in the background. I think a lot of Cologne was rebuilt after WWII?

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah View Post

I think Catholics have a big leg-up to all the high positions in the Vatican :D

Cognescenti
08-24-2007, 03:12 PM
There was a town in Virginia who intially rejected a building permit for a mosque as the locals were worried about traffic and the call to prayer broadcast over a loudspeaker. I think they ultimately compromised and did allow it built.

BTW, must every mosque have a loud call to prayer with an amplified PA system? Surely that is something
that could be a point of compromise?

Uthman
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
BTW, must every mosque have a loud call to prayer with an amplified PA system? Surely that is something
that could be a point of compromise?

My mosque doesn't. We just have a prayer timetable. :)

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 12:44 AM
oh well if the Mosque style doesnt fit in with the skyline then we can easily adapt and build mosques without minarets and make them perfectly suitable for the german skyline since it isnt compulsary to make the minarets.....so what now? would you mind that infidels?

snakelegs
08-28-2007, 03:04 AM
that would be a good way to find out if architecture/skyline is really the issue.

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
oh well if the Mosque style doesnt fit in with the skyline then we can easily adapt and build mosques without minarets and make them perfectly suitable for the german skyline since it isnt compulsary to make the minarets.....so what now? would you mind that infidels?
Why would they allow a gethering place for people like you? :rollseyes

Cognescenti
08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Go ahead. No minarettes, no loudspeakers, no RPG cache in the basement. Other than that, you infidels can do whatever you want in Cologne:sunny:

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why would they allow a gethering place for people like you? :rollseyes
who said for me? did i say for me? this is like the 5th time you see things which i never say......does it look like i live in Germany?! i am talking about the Muslims there......

and i have my gathering place in the Muslim world already thank you very much i dont need anything from your ppl.....

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
who said for me? did i say for me? this is like the 5th time you see things which i never say......does it look like i live in Germany?! i am talking about the Muslims there......

and i have my gathering place in the Muslim world already thank you very much i dont need anything from your ppl.....
No you, people like you.
You know those that continually so disrespect for every thing non-Islamic.
I guess no one wants you or your kind. :D

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
No you, people like you.
You know those that continually so disrespect for every thing non-Islamic.
I guess no one wants you or your kind. :D
people like me will conquer your culture and land soon so dont worry :)

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
The "Sky is Falling" "Sky is Falling" "Sky is Falling" :skeleton:

Keltoi
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
You mean an invasion force of infants?:D

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
You mean an invasion force of infants?:D
lol infants are smarter than the average adult in the west...............

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
lol infants are smarter than the average adult in the west...............
It is amazing to see what a bigot resorts to when his venom runs out.
:skeleton:

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
:skeleton:
its a fact, the average westerner is less educated than an infant lol. have you watched the show not smarter than a 5th grader? its named something like that, says it all...... :D your getting mad there aint you willy boy....go eat a hot dog.

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:10 PM
its a fact, the average westerner is less educated than an infant lol. have you watched the show not smarter than a 5th grader? its named something like that, says it all...... :D your getting mad there aint you willy boy....go eat a hot dog.
But some snakes have an endless supply.

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:17 PM
But some snakes have an endless supply.
sssssssssssssssssss

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I would assume that attatudes like that is at least one of the reasons there are concerns about opening a Mosque.

And creates topics like:
Why Islam is not Acceptable to West!!!

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I would assume that attatudes like that is at least one of the reasons there are concerns about opening a Mosque.
good be concerned, and worried, it will not stop ppl like me from conquering your lands and culture. muahahahahah you can never stop it,,,the gates have been opened and they arent going to shut

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:23 PM
good be concerned, and worried, it will not stop ppl like me from conquering your lands and culture. muahahahahah you can never stop it,,,the gates have been opened and they arent going to shut
and another example of
Why Islam is not Acceptable to West!!!

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
and another example of
thats why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the west? and its good you start showing your true colors now, unlike in other posts where you act like you dont have a problem with Islam in the west, your the type of infidel who wants Islam out of the west and to ban it.... thats why i dont take nonsense from you and throw you down the garbage gutter from the start, i read right through you.... keep showing your true colors willy boy let it all out, just admit you hate Islam and want it out of the west!

Sami Zaatari
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
and Islam is not acceptable to the west because Islam is against fornication, gambling, alcohol, and all your backwardness, plus Islam teaches us how to clean ourselves unlike you where you use tissue paper only you nasty smelly dirty dhimmi infidel!

Cognescenti
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
and Islam is not acceptable to the west because Islam is against fornication, gambling, alcohol, and all your backwardness, plus Islam teaches us how to clean ourselves unlike you where you use tissue paper only you nasty smelly dirty dhimmi infidel!

When cousins marry.....

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
We are also against wife beating, religious intollorance, gender superority, discriminaion against women and killing people for what they do in the privicy of there homes. :D

Which is why there is a problem.

Hate us, don't come. Stay where the other sect may kill you.

Uthman
08-28-2007, 08:44 PM
My thread :(

ahsan28
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Hijacked :cry:

Uthman
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM

Uthman
08-28-2007, 08:50 PM

guyabano
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
want a tissue or something? You can also sit with me.Bring some popcorn :D

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM

That does seam to be happening to your threads.
Guess I'm a bit responsible.:?
I will try to be good. :rollseyes

Uthman
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
want a tissue or something? You can also sit with me.Bring some popcorn :D
:D I'm actually seriously considering it!

Uthman
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
That does seam to be happening to your threads.
Guess I'm a bit responsible.:?
I will try to be good. :rollseyes
It's not you. It's him. :)

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Well I think that's true, but still it takes two to dance. :mmokay:

Uthman
08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Well I think that's true, but still it takes two to dance. :mmokay:
Dancing is Haraam. :rollseyes

:D

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Not for an agnostic. :D

(I guess Sami should not "Do the Dance" with me though. :rollseyes

Cognescenti
08-28-2007, 09:03 PM

Good one:)

Malaikah
08-29-2007, 12:23 AM
We are also against wife beating, religious intollorance, gender superority, discriminaion against women and killing people for what they do in the privicy of there homes. :D
And we are more against it than you are. We are also against telling lies and twisting the truth. :rollseyes

When cousins marry.....
Does any religion even forbid this? As far as I know, it is simply taboo in most places in the West, not based in Christianity.

Sami Zaatari
08-29-2007, 12:33 AM
awww poor you why dont you go cry and clean willy boys shoes? go read the thread i said nothing wrong until willyboy started acting stupid again.

snakelegs
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
i think that this got lost in all the warfare. :D
i think it would be interesting if the muslims offered to comply with the skyline/architecture of the city and see what kind of response they would get.
this would show if those are really the issues.

Sami Zaatari
08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
i think that this got lost in all the warfare. :D
i think it would be interesting if the muslims offered to comply with the skyline/architecture of the city and see what kind of response they would get.
this would show if those are really the issues.
yup i made that comment and then willyboy started ranting as usual so i smashed him into his hole then ppl say im the bad guy and went off topic!

snakelegs
08-29-2007, 01:00 AM
it's [MOUSE]OFF TOPIC[/MOUSE]

to discuss who went off topic! ;D ;D ;D

Zman
08-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Some residents of this ancient city on the banks of the Rhine see the brothel as a shining example of their tolerance. But what irks them is that some Muslims want to build a mosque, complete with a dome and minarets.
Accepting a brothel is an example of their tolerance, yet the "tolerance" vanishes when it comes to building a Mosque.

Amazing...

Woodrow
08-29-2007, 04:06 AM
this thread outlived any purpose almost a week ago.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.