soldierette
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Uf3mT799Y

Check it out people, specially the sisters :muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

JazaakAllaah Khayr...Lol, but...regardless of how good the lyrics and beat is..it still contains music and is not allowed on this forum (I think).

soldierette
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

JazaakAllaah Khayr...Lol, but...regardless of how good the lyrics and beat is..it still contains music and is not allowed on this forum (I think).
:mmokay: killjoy.....they should make an exception

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
lol, sis look into music in islam, you might be unpleasently surprised :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Neelam92
08-23-2007, 09:04 PM
lol ive seen this video before :D
thanks for posting

Kittygyal
08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heated: :heated:

jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soldierette
:mmokay: killjoy.....they should make an exception
The forum making an exception doesn't change things in any way. Islaamically, music isn't allowed.

Wa'alaykum Salaam.

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM
:D JazakAllah @ sis u made me smile, but i won't check out the link :p sowi!

soldierette
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
The forum making an exception doesn't change things in any way. Islaamically, music isn't allowed.

Wa'alaykum Salaam.
I know music is not allowed in islam but lots of people listen to sami yusuf n stuff n he's got loads of music in his nasheeds. Anyway i didn't mean to offend anyone, i thought the video was nice.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I know music is not allowed in islam but lots of people listen to sami yusuf n stuff n he's got loads of music in his nasheeds. Anyway i didn't mean to offend anyone, i thought the video was nice.
sis we understand where u comin from but end of the day tons of people do tons of wrong things init.. we gotta stick to what we know is right :)

only then can we be worthy of being recognized as mu'mins on the day of judgement inshaAllah, hope you get what im saying inshaAllah

jazakAllah khair to bro jzcase, lotsa respect 2 u bhai :D

jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd just like to apologise if I sounded harsh or anything...please understand that wasn't my intention. And as for Sami Yusuf, it's up to Mr Sami and his fans what they want to do. Many people think just because they're singing so-called "Islaamic" Nasheeds, it's all ok...whereas it's not. End of the day we'll be judged accordingly right? :) So it's best not to base our actions on what Sami Yusuf fans do but rather let the Quran and Sunnah be our judge.

And erm...here's a verdict that might be of interest:

The Ruling on 'Islamic Nashîds':

If these nashîds have 'Islamic' meanings whilst not having in them any musical instruments such as duffs, other drums, or the like, then there is no problem in this.

However, it is necessary to explain an important prerequisite for their permissibility, and that is that they should be free of anything contradicting the shari'ah such as excessiveness and the like.

Then another condition is that it should not become a habit because that diverts listeners [of the nashîds] from the recitation of the Qur`ân, which is encouraged in the prophetic, purified, sunnah. Likewise, it diverts them from seeking beneficial knowledge and calling to Allâh subhanahu.

As for the use of duffs in nashids, then this is permissible for women when amongst themselves, and not for men, and on 'îd and on weddings only.

[Shaykh Al-Albânî]
Peace. :peace:

soldierette
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
^^ thanx for the info bro :sunny:

soldierette
08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sis we understand where u comin from but end of the day tons of people do tons of wrong things init.. we gotta stick to what we know is right :)

only then can we be worthy of being recognized as mu'mins on the day of judgement inshaAllah, hope you get what im saying inshaAllah

jazakAllah khair to bro jzcase, lotsa respect 2 u bhai :D

Yeh i understand what your saying n i know Sami Yusuf's music is haraam but you know people have converted to islam from his music, weird init. But anyway i understand what you n the other brother is saying n i won't listen to music no more inshallah :sunny:

Thanks, both of you.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:11 PM
^ may Allah reward you wiv jannah :D

jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ may Allah reward you wiv jannah :D
Ameen! :D

But anyway i understand what you n the other brother is saying n i won't listen to music no more inshallah :sunny:

Thanks, both of you.
That's good MashaAllaah. Just set yourself realistic targets to meet and Allaah (SWT) will help you along the way. :) May Allaah (SWT) reward you for your intentions and efforts. :thumbs_up

And no probz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.