/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tafseer ( Muslims only) scholars preferable

جوري
08-24-2007, 01:28 AM
:sl:
I was wondering if prophet Mohammed PBUH offered a tafseer to any sura of the Quran.. if yes which? and if none, why not? I'd think that his tafseer would be the best... who in your opinion has the best book of tafseer and why
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
08-24-2007, 01:39 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/667647-post4.html

...... the messenger’s lectures on the Qur’an were based on tasreeful ayat i.e. recurrence of Ayaat, to clarify topics within the Qur’an. The messenger gave Dars ul Qur'an, by this manner, and the Qur’an was clarified by the Qur’an itself. This is further supported in Surah Al-Furqan, where a certain objection of the unbelievers is identified:

جوري
08-24-2007, 01:40 AM
oh shokran akhi

NoName55
08-24-2007, 04:16 AM
you are most welcome!

I just found this long forgotten thread >> Sciences of the Qur'an

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-24-2007, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
you are most welcome!

I just found this long forgotten thread >> Sciences of the Qur'an

Masha'Allah akhi, that is quite expansive.. will take me some time to go through these plus some recent downloads bros Qatada gave me.. I should be busy for a whole :smile:

believer
08-25-2007, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Salaamualaikum!

I can't help but notice how much I agree with this.... my journey into Islam is only through the Qur'an itself alone. I haven't encountered any hadiths until after almost a year reading the Qur'an. It is true, the Qur'an is truly a clear book... I have no doubts about the qur'an... if something isn't quite satisfactory to ones understanding... all he has to do is to read on. And it never cease to amaze me - it always clarifies itself... by itself.

Truly an Amazing Revelation - Ayat form Allah... ALLAHUAKBAR! Subhannallah!

My Saudi sponsor is not fond of Hadiths as well... in fact, He also recommends sticking with the Qur'an.... Hadiths are merely serving as references.

I have read Qatadas posts about the companions of the Qur'an... I believe, sticking with the Qur'an alone is the straight path. To say that it is not complete in itself - is the prelude to going astray.

Best time to read Quran is after making Nafl's after the call of the Athan... specially duiring Fajr and Isha prayer.

1 page a day is already very fulfilling.... reading the Arabic Transliteration appreciating its form and eloquence... then reading the english translation afterwards is truly a divine experience. The time we spent doing this in the mosque is uncomparable to the time spent elsewhere.

Back to Topic... The Best Tafseer is to learn Arab and learn and appreciate the Quran in it's real - original form -this is according to my Saudi Sponsor, and I second it.

Salaam.

Makky
08-25-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I was wondering if prophet Mohammed PBUH offered a tafseer to any sura of the Quran.. if yes which? and if none, why not? I'd think that his tafseer would be the best... who in your opinion has the best book of tafseer and why
If you have a copy from sahih albukhari you will find a full chapter for Tafseer by ahadith

Malaikah
08-25-2007, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
who in your opinion has the best book of tafseer and why

Unless you read Arabic and have great resources, the only option you have either way is tafsir ibn kathir. :p i don't know of any other tafsir book that has been printed in English...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.