/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Today On Tv

zarhad
08-24-2007, 03:57 AM
If a man commits a crime and hes a a christian american man the headline reads " man convicted of crime" If hes hes muslim the headline reads " Al-Qiada strikes again" ...

Today I was watching CNN and a program came on called "Gods Warriors" they are showing Islamic, Jewish, and Christian groups that say they are fighting for their religion.

Well todays was on christianity and i was suprised how diffrently it was depicted from Islam.

Islam was depicted as if we were over the top extremists refusing to live civially ( or thats how it seemed ) however the christians were dipicted as if they were trying to save people, as if they were almost heros in a sence.

Why is it that not even in this program but every where we look islam is depicted as mean and violent where as christians are dipicted almost as heros or people to look up too when in reality its not true, look at catholics and palistians ( diffrent types of christians) this woman at work told me they have been fighting in irland or scotland for years, but why do we never see that?

I find it very upsetting, because i know that in every culture cred and religion there are good and bad.

So why do we alow this, why do we alow the world to depict us so badly? how can we stop it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zarhad
08-24-2007, 03:58 AM
It be very intresting to hear peoples views

zarhad
08-24-2007, 04:16 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-warriors.html

also can be discussed here :)

Science101
08-24-2007, 04:29 AM
So why do we alow this, why do we alow the world to depict us so badly? how can we stop it?
Show that the Muslim community is strongly against suicide bombing and other "terrorist" actions being committed in the name of Islam instead of quietly supporting it (for example not doing anything about Saddam paying 25000 US dollars to families of suicide bombers). Actively help bring peace to Iraq, like the USA and other countries have been trying to do, instead of downing them for it.

And Iraq now needs doctors and nurses and still needs people willing to help maintain security for the people. Why not a very visible effort by Muslims to help out there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zarhad
08-24-2007, 04:45 AM
yes but see that doesnt make an intresting headline and there are lots of groups and advocates that try and show we are peaceful and do not support whats going on but they still dont show that...because the other one is more intresting and i personally think americans need an escape goat

Science101
08-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Yes Zarhad, the media is usually focused on the bad. But if believers of Islam can organize to help make the bad go away then there will only be your good left to report.

zarhad
08-24-2007, 05:22 AM
yah inshallah...i know theres alot of bad every where in the world but im sure the good out weighs the bad, or at least i hope..

Science101
08-24-2007, 05:49 AM
I agree. The good does outweigh the bad. And a lot of people complain about the media always focusing on what is wrong in the world. But at least there are sometimes some good reports coming out of Iraq and other places. And the internet is a good place to do our own reporting. Problem for Islam is that there is not much that I know of that would make headlines.

One idea I just had, are young people joining hands at the border of Iraq forming a chain kilometers long to show that they don't want any more bombs going into that country. Muslims not near the border can do it symbolically near where they live then add how long it was to the total. Make sure to have it go by the major media centers so they can't even get to work unless you let them through, the news will be right there for them, they can't miss it. Iran has a lot of young people and that country is suspected of aiding the "terrorists" so it would be great if they made the biggest line. This would show that although there might be some in the country that would like to see Iraq get worse for political reasons, there are still many who want to see peace.

zarhad
08-24-2007, 06:00 AM
a little off topic but there is someone i work with who just came back from afghanistan now my family is from there but ive never been...well this person was part of the canadian arm i believe and was showing me these beautiful pictures of children playing, of the sun setting and patches of green in what looked barren...
they said that they saw horrible things there but decided thats not what they wanted to remeber, it almost gives you hope.
a place filled with war for over 30 years still has so much beauty and it can be found in the eyes of a baby or a sun set or even a patch of grass...

Science101
08-24-2007, 06:17 AM
So very true. And at least we have pictures of what was once one of Afghanistan's greatest treasures. :happy:

Until the Taliban and Al-Qaeda destroyed it! :enough!:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6616167

snakelegs
08-24-2007, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
a little off topic but there is someone i work with who just came back from afghanistan now my family is from there but ive never been...well this person was part of the canadian arm i believe and was showing me these beautiful pictures of children playing, of the sun setting and patches of green in what looked barren...
they said that they saw horrible things there but decided thats not what they wanted to remeber, it almost gives you hope.
a place filled with war for over 30 years still has so much beauty and it can be found in the eyes of a baby or a sun set or even a patch of grass...
afghanistan is beautiful. check out these pictures:
http://www.lukepowell.com/

zarhad
08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
i know i love my country it is beautiful but it use to be better, with flowers and fruit trees as far as the eyes could see, its slowly becoming a desert

I like this site, thanks

zarhad
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
wow brings tears to the eyes to see some of those pictures

Abdul-Raouf
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
Hey bro Snakelegs ... thanks for that wonderful.. link...

Those pics are awsome... that triggers imaginations about.. Saudia - 1400 years ago.. me dreamin now....:coolalien

Neelam92
08-24-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
If a man commits a crime and hes a a christian american man the headline reads " man convicted of crime" If hes hes muslim the headline reads " Al-Qiada strikes again" ...

Today I was watching CNN and a program came on called "Gods Warriors" they are showing Islamic, Jewish, and Christian groups that say they are fighting for their religion.

Well todays was on christianity and i was suprised how diffrently it was depicted from Islam.

Islam was depicted as if we were over the top extremists refusing to live civially ( or thats how it seemed ) however the christians were dipicted as if they were trying to save people, as if they were almost heros in a sence.

Why is it that not even in this program but every where we look islam is depicted as mean and violent where as christians are dipicted almost as heros or people to look up too when in reality its not true, look at catholics and palistians ( diffrent types of christians) this woman at work told me they have been fighting in irland or scotland for years, but why do we never see that?

I find it very upsetting, because i know that in every culture cred and religion there are good and bad.

omG i watched the exact same programm yesterday and today on CNN (for 2 hours)
some of the stuff they sed on the God Warriors made me angry :enough!:

i was also in abit of a shock the way they made islam look like and the way they made christianity look like!

__________________________________________________ ______

'Tell me is it my religion that just seems as a threat thinking its all about murder, violence and death. But do u care, care to find the truth.'

Haidar_Abbas
08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
:sl: , science a pagan idol isnt a treasure and its haram to have them, as for the programs, its secularist propaganda go figure .. :/ they have bad to say about islam and everyone else are heros what a sight :cry: :sl:

Science101
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
This morning I was watching the news on TV. They were discussing what would happen if the US were to begin withdrawing troops. As part of the discussion they showed one of the Islamic militia groups that apparently want to overthrow the elected government after the US is gone, dancing around while waving their guns in the air.

Then there are the images from Al-Qaeda. They hold up the Quran, while showing their soldiers training, Bin-Laden shooting his gun, etc...

Christians are normally seen at rallies, waving their hands in the air, not waving guns. There have been a few Christian "terrorists" and they were called terrorists that blew up abortion clinics and such, but it is only a few, can count them on one maybe two hands. But in Islam there are thousands eagerly willing to show that they will kill to impose their religion on others.

Maybe it will help everyone see the problem I am trying to describe by your trying to find me footage of a large group of mainstream Christians from the west, dancing around with guns in the air, or a Christian training film showing how to kill Islamics while claiming it's the duty of every Christian to join their army. There is none. And in Waco, Texas, a Christian militia began to form but it was stopped and a "home grown terrorist" then blew up a Government building, the media called him a "terrorist" too, but he was not Islamic, he was Christian.

جوري
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
beautiful indeed... here is one of my favorite photos from this website

reminds me of a movie I watched once called (Barat).. an afghani girl displaced from her home, working in Iran pretending to be a boy, after her father got injured... a whole other world we don't know of..
sob7an Allah
thanks for sharing
peace!

wilberhum
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
This morning I was watching the news on TV. They were discussing what would happen if the US were to begin withdrawing troops. As part of the discussion they showed one of the Islamic militia groups that apparently want to overthrow the elected government after the US is gone, dancing around while waving their guns in the air.

Then there are the images from Al-Qaeda. They hold up the Quran, while showing their soldiers training, Bin-Laden shooting his gun, etc...

Christians are normally seen at rallies, waving their hands in the air, not waving guns. There have been a few Christian "terrorists" and they were called terrorists that blew up abortion clinics and such, but it is only a few, can count them on one maybe two hands. But in Islam there are thousands eagerly willing to show that they will kill to impose their religion on others.

Maybe it will help everyone see the problem I am trying to describe by your trying to find me footage of a large group of mainstream Christians from the west, dancing around with guns in the air, or a Christian training film showing how to kill Islamics while claiming it's the duty of every Christian to join their army. There is none. And in Waco, Texas, a Christian militia began to form but it was stopped and a "home grown terrorist" then blew up a Government building, the media called him a "terrorist" too, but he was not Islamic, he was Christian.
So true. :peace: The reason what was shown was different is that the group tactics are different.

As you well described.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.