/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have u Slaughtered or help to slaughter a goat/chicken/.. on wit ur own hand ?

Abdul-Raouf
08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
ONLY FOR MUSLIMS

Have u on your own hand slaughetered / or atleast helped in slaughetering.... a chicken/goat/ or camel/cow ???

Have u??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
My experience ---> I havent slaughtered with my hand(I havent given Qurbani with my hand-havent cut the neck).... but helped in holdin the chicken or goat... while slaughtereing... then help in removing the skin... and hanginig the goat(easy for cuttin)... and help in cutting....

How abot u you all...

AmarFaisal
08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I guess it's a question more for muslim men than women:?

Nawal89
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I helped my dad slaughter once. He held down our goat whilst i cut the neck, but i dont think i was doing it right coz he took the knife from me and finished it off.
After that I went inside and cried adn cried and cried. :(
But usually I always help with the cleaning up, pulling off the skin and everything. Only recently since my brother is a teenager and thinks hes "da man" he does everything now :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM
:sl:

Interesting question :D..anyways i've seen it being done but i found it horrible and i ended up moving away :(

Uthman
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM

I'd never be able to do anything like that!

I'm too much of a chicken (no pun intended)

:w:

Admin
08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I never miss a chance to :skeleton: Cows[male ones of course, the female ones r not allowed here] are easier to slaughter than goats :X

Woodrow
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Having grown up on a farm and then in my early retirement years having my own farm i slaughtered many animals. However, that was before I had reverted so the slaughtering was not halal and done a little differently. Although, I will say it was not that much different. However, since it was not fully halal I wont describe it.

Abdul-Raouf
08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Admin
I never miss a chance to :skeleton: Cows are easier to slaughter than goats :X
Yes Cows are easier....

Pk_#2
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
My cousin saw these people salughtering a chicken in bangladesh.. :uuh:

And then she became a vegetarian :embarrass LOL :D

ahh its mean, buh i love ma chicken curry :-\

Abdul-Raouf
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
I havent helped in cow slaughterin though.. but i know its the easiest..

( and I dont eat beef.....the meat is too hard ........ its full of fat man...
I have eaten only thrice to my knowledge...)

Pk_#2
08-24-2007, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Admin
I never miss a chance to :skeleton: Cows[male ones of course, the female ones r not allowed here] are easier to slaughter than goats :X
That's disgusting, +o(

i don't wish to vote on the poll :-\

Strzelecki
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm a vegetarian...Aspiring to go Vegan when I've left home [also telling my family about my Islam around this time].
As I don't plan on going back to meat ever, I don't think I will ever slaughter an animal. I don't think I could even handle seeing it. :(

Nawal89
08-24-2007, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
My cousin saw these people salughtering a chicken in bangladesh.. :uuh:

And then she became a vegetarian :embarrass LOL :D

ahh its mean, buh i love ma chicken curry :-\

LOL. Slaughtering chickens aint all that bad to see...not like the cows when there's sooooo much blood:skeleton:
My student slaughters her chickens in ther kitchen sink ;D My brother used to slaughter them over a bowl of water, and then tell me to throw the water on his beloved cabbages and broccoli as fertiliser :hmm:

Uthman
08-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh my days. What a strange discussion. :uuh:

S_87
08-24-2007, 01:14 PM

well when i was younger i apparently i chased the chickens for my dad. now i dont go cos i cant be bothered, but i sometimes do help with cutting the chicken (after its cleaned) and almost always end up with a mean cut :(

as for sheep we dont slaughter ourselves here but a couple of years ago when we went back home i preferred to watch from the window >_< than go out and watch

Kittygyal
08-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Ya it's a strange discussion indeed

Erm NEVER! i wouldn't dare kill a animal!

*where are my tissues*

Umu 'Isa
08-24-2007, 02:07 PM
It's illegal to slaughter any animals here without a license to do so I doubt i'd be slaughtering anything in the near future

Makky
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
1 Goat from 4 years and 2 sheeps in the 2 last Eids ( greater feasts).... its legal here in my country...

even though its not easy..

AmarFaisal
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Yes Cows are easier....
All u ppl saying cows r easier to slaughter..mayb u haven't seen a cow like I have seen twise.

On Eid ul Adhha, One cow being slaughered ran away half his neck cut,,,,he/she ran and ran till many ppl rounded it after an hr atleast.

Another one I was watching from my roof top, stoof up twice half his/her neck cut and running around in this street.

This is easy slaughtering??
Though I always heard pl saying later that those ppl were not actual "Qasai""

Intisar
08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
:sl: Back home in Somalia, they would do it in the backyard. I never helped out because I was an infant lol and because I'm a scaredy cat. That type of stuff scares me.

Nawal89
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
All u ppl saying cows r easier to slaughter..mayb u haven't seen a cow like I have seen twise.

On Eid ul Adhha, One cow being slaughered ran away half his neck cut,,,,he/she ran and ran till many ppl rounded it after an hr atleast.

Another one I was watching from my roof top, stoof up twice half his/her neck cut and running around in this street.

This is easy slaughtering??
Though I always heard pl saying later that those ppl were not actual "Qasai""
I remember when i saw them slaughter the cows in yemen they did it realll easily...they only needed two or three ppl..In malaysia their horrible tho. they need a whole tribe:offended:

AmarFaisal
08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
When we were kids and we had goats brought in for slaughter on Eid ul Adhha and they would go "ba ba ba"the whole night, we'd say that the goats see knives in their dreams at night so they know they r going to be slaughtered in the morning and that's why go "ba ba ba"..

Somtimes we were told stories by our elders, to calm our innocent hearts down, that these animals don't feel any pain as they r slaughtered in the name of Allah.

It's terrible to see the first fountain of blood springing out of the neck and the goat hitting it's legs frantically till it has no life anymore.

Na7lah
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM

my uncle use 2 live in this huuge house with a big back yard
and every eidul Adha he'd buy alot of sheeps, cows, goats...... and so on
den any1 who wanted 2 slaugter would come 2 his house and buy an animal
we use 2 visit him but i never went 2 da back yard cuz i hate seeing dem killing da poor animals :(

S_87
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM

you guys its not 'killing poor animals' :p

this is food Allah subhana wa Ta'ala has provided for us :)

Na7lah
08-24-2007, 08:40 PM
i know but their still poor defenceless animals :p

جوري
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I saw a slaughter when I was 6 in the market place.. I couldn't sleep for days and I never forgot it.. but then I grew up and have seen plenty worst since, I'd rather not discuss-- thus I am now desensitized--
:w:

Admin
08-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Amar Faisal, that can surely happen if the legs are not tied properly. That's a strong animal. The easier bit was for their soft skin when compared to that of the goats/sheeps. Easy to cut for cows.

amirah_87
08-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Ive seen plentlya Goats, Sheeps and chickens mainly being slaughtered up in Yemen, but Ive never helped-helped I just held a chicken down once. I dont have the stomach for handling the blade and all.

There was once my cousins had bought two chickens home one jum'ah to slaughter in our courtyard. They put one in a corner and held down the other.. The one in the corner started to cluck n' cluck and then we noticed it had pooped on itself! :(
we were young *sorta* we didnt know that from the ettiquettes of slaughterin a number of animals was to hide the next inline away from the blade and all.. imsad

Chicken guts are the worst to handle, they may be the smallest but YA ALLAH! +o(

OoOoh and has anyone seen the slaughtering of a camel? :eek: I haven't but they say it has to be done in a special way? Must be hard!

ps: You're crazy Nawal Wallaahi! throwin hissy fits cause you couldnt slaughter a goat? lol @ u! :giggling:

Nawal89
08-27-2007, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Ive seen plentlya Goats, Sheeps and chickens mainly being slaughtered up in Yemen, but Ive never helped-helped I just held a chicken down once. I dont have the stomach for handling the blade and all.

There was once my cousins had bought two chickens home one jum'ah to slaughter in our courtyard. They put one in a corner and held down the other.. The one in the corner started to cluck n' cluck and then we noticed it had pooped on itself! :(
we were young *sorta* we didnt know that from the ettiquettes of slaughterin a number of animals was to hide the next inline away from the blade and all.. imsad

Chicken guts are the worst to handle, they may be the smallest but YA ALLAH! +o(

OoOoh and has anyone seen the slaughtering of a camel? :eek: I haven't but they say it has to be done in a special way? Must be hard!

ps: You're crazy Nawal Wallaahi! throwin hissy fits cause you couldnt slaughter a goat? lol @ u! :giggling:

Lol
I was throwin hissy fit coz i felt sorry for the goat!
I saw the camel being slaughtered..they tie it down and then they just come up to it and stab it in the neck! and it roars like a lion and its head is going from side to side and then it just goes in one big turn and then BAM it falls down on the ground dead :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton:
and then they gut it and it has such a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stomach ya Allah!
And yes amy,... i know..gutting the chiken is so nasty.+o(

syilla
08-27-2007, 03:08 AM
:salamext:

i have! but the head came off accidently...sorry.

I bring my son once to watch the qurban...to make him learn the meaning of qurban. Till today he don't eat beef and he will know it is beef just by looking or tasting it. He is only 3+ (going to be 4 this october)

Abdul-Raouf
09-02-2007, 10:03 AM
^^^^
It will take another 5 years.. for him to realise the truth....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.