/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my first ramadhan is coming!

pramudito
08-25-2007, 08:48 AM
alhamdulillah!

last friday morning, i entered a new life with my first shahadah at my University Mosque.

i have been learning about Islam from the day my brother passed away. he and this forum have been inspiring my to follow my heart.

so my first holy month of ramadhan is coming!!! i can not wait:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-25-2007, 08:54 AM
:sl:

wow..Mashallah that is so cool
May Allah continue to guide you..Ameen

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Thats great mashAllah!!
You'll love this month...believe me! :)

ABWAN
08-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Subhan'Allah, I can't tell you how happy and surprised I am. I am happy that you chose Islam and I am pleasantly surprised that you chose Islam so soon! I understand all the things happened in your life, but subhan'Allah this is great news!! I hope you find eternal happiness in what your brother guided you to!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*~Sofia~*
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Salam brother,

alhamdulillah i am soooo soooo happy for dear brother ----> :D :D :D

I was so very surprised when i first read your thread.. subhanallah Allah (swt) has guided you to the correct path. May Allah(swt) continue to guide you. :)
Im sure your brother would be very proud of you...

They say 'everything happens for a reason'.. and it seems that your beloved brother helped you on your way to success.. May Allah (swt) reward you both in this life and in the hereafter. ameen.

Im sure you will learn alot here inshallah. just explore the forums, take part in the many discussions and do enjoy!

If you have any questions..just ask away and we will all try to help you out :)

subhanallah it's gonna be ur first ramadhan..check out the ramdhan section, you might find things that mite be of use to you. here the link...

http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...n-eid-ul-fitr/

Neway...enjoy ur stay

w'salam

Ummu Sufyaan
08-25-2007, 09:54 AM
welcome to islam. congratulations brother. please feel free to ask any questions.
:sl: “Whoever does not have the intention of fasting before Fajr, there is no fast for him.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad, the authors of al-Sunan, Ibn Khuzaymah and Ibn Hibbaan; they classed it as saheeh and marfoo’.

Pk_#2
08-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Yayyy! :D

I mean alhamdhulillah *Heh* :X

Richie will be proud of you!

Welcome to Islam!

Can't wait til Ramadan maself YOU WILL LOV IT! :D

inshaAllah wa ta'ala all the best ;D

Peace.

Uthman
08-25-2007, 01:32 PM

This is great news! :)

Top 8 ways to boost your Ramadan spirit this year

:w:

aadil77
08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Mashallah thats great news brother, ramadan only comes one a year so make the most of it, try finishing the quran or praying tarweh namaazes, these will boost your iman inshallah get you plenty of suaab:D

Strzelecki
08-25-2007, 01:48 PM
MashAllah! Welcome to Islam bro! :D

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Alsalamu Alikum Wa Wb

Masha'allah, May Allah return Ramdan for you many years, and make it comes with good, happiness and blessing Ameen.
Ramadan Mubarak my brother :)

Wassalam

Makky
08-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Allahu Akbar...ahlamdulillah that allah has saved you and guided you to the truth

ژاله
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Mashallah !! tabarakallah!!
welcome to islam!
may ALLAH KEEP ON GUIDING YOU!

Ersan
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Allahu ekber! How glad i am when i see something like this :) i love to read stories of converters, new brothers and sisters, but it is totaly diferent fealing when i see them alive, or talk to them on the net :) cool dood :) Elhamdulillah...

جوري
08-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Allah Akbar.. sob7an Allah.. as much as my heart was broken to learn of your brother's passing, as it is singing with joy having learned of your reversion... May Allah guide, protect and accompany you with every step, fill your heart with comfort and wrap you in all those warm memories that your brother has left you with.. I know he is so very proud of you---

welcome aboard akhi..
wasalaam Alykoum wr wb

P.S
try to fast 1/4 of a day, then 1/3 then 1/2 then a full day before ramadan starts insha'Allah just to get adjusted.. I think it is best for a first timer to modify some habits.. I do every year myself by giving up caffeine.. which makes me sort of monstrous... but some people around me can't tell the difference at all though :lol:

Yanal
08-26-2007, 02:19 AM
MashAllah your first ramadhan it will be my first ramadhan fasting because a kid should start fasting every day on ramadhan from starting the age 12 so i am going to be twelve soon(Sept 20) so i am going to start fasting wak wak wank now congratulat eme or else

well i didn't say anything just watching:rolleyes: P.S: sorry for being off topic:p

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by pramudito
alhamdulillah!

last friday morning, i entered a new life with my first shahadah at my University Mosque.

i have been learning about Islam from the day my brother passed away. he and this forum have been inspiring my to follow my heart.

Welcome home Brother. Remember me in your Du'as the prayers of a new revert are as pure as the prayers of a newborn.

And yes, you have returned to what you were born as. you were always Muslim. You just have learned that you were.

Anwarica
08-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Masha'Allah :) welcome home, brother (as Woodrow says :) )

Intisar
08-26-2007, 04:32 AM
:sl: Masha'allah, May Allah make it an easy one for you.:sunny:

syilla
08-27-2007, 01:15 AM
MashaAllah Alhamdulillah....

A good news for me at the early morning. :D

Welcome to Islam. Don't push yourself to fast for the whole month...try to do it as much you can.

But don't miss going to the Taraweekh at the masjid. It'll be a wonderful experience. The feeling of Ramadhan is the most wonderful feeling ever.

P/s:- i've to inform this to akhee nm. He'll be very happy to hear this.

RomailR
08-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Hello my dear brother, Welcome to Islam.

snakelegs
08-27-2007, 06:19 AM
pramudito,
you have found a way to be closer to your brother! i am sure he would be very happy.
enjoy your first ramadan and may you have many more. :)

shible
08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Masha Allah,

Welcome Bro,

Hope you discover many new horizons in this month.

U have started the journey may Allah Provide us all the right path.

A path without confusions and hurdels from shaitaan.

I Hope to see more valuable informations from you towards ISLAM

Ameen

nocturne
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Assalam,

As a muslim, ramadan is one of the best experiences you can get. I love it ever year and look forward to it.

north_malaysian
08-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Congrats and Ramadhan Kareem!!!

Abdul-Raouf
08-30-2007, 04:22 AM

Masha'Allah

Alhamdulillah

..Great News..

Welcome Brother

BanGuLLy
08-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Welcome to the family :)

zarhad
08-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Salaam aliukum
Mashallah so glad to hear...Ramadan is an amazing time, both difficult but beautiful it teaches you not to take what you have for granted.
Im very proud to hear of your new conversion, we are all hear to help you any time you need, this is hands down the best place on the web :) (ok personal opinion but im sure everyone would agree)

amirah_87
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM

SubhanAllaah, I just saw this now! alhamdulillaah allathee hadhaak (All praise to Allaah, He who has guided you).

This is beautiful news, Congratulations akhee. :)

SirDemonic
08-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Thats wicked carry on your doing something me as a Muslim i find hard to do follow my religion, keep it up

pramudito
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Yayyy! :D

I mean alhamdhulillah *Heh* :X

Richie will be proud of you!

Welcome to Islam!

Can't wait til Ramadan maself YOU WILL LOV IT! :D

inshaAllah wa ta'ala all the best ;D

Peace.
inshaAllah:)

pramudito
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Allah Akbar.. sob7an Allah.. as much as my heart was broken to learn of your brother's passing, as it is singing with joy having learned of your reversion... May Allah guide, protect and accompany you with every step, fill your heart with comfort and wrap you in all those warm memories that your brother has left you with.. I know he is so very proud of you---

welcome aboard akhi..
wasalaam Alykoum wr wb

P.S
try to fast 1/4 of a day, then 1/3 then 1/2 then a full day before ramadan starts insha'Allah just to get adjusted.. I think it is best for a first timer to modify some habits.. I do every year myself by giving up caffeine.. which makes me sort of monstrous... but some people around me can't tell the difference at all though :lol:
thanks!!!!

pramudito
08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
MashAllah your first ramadhan it will be my first ramadhan fasting because a kid should start fasting every day on ramadhan from starting the age 12 so i am going to be twelve soon(Sept 20) so i am going to start fasting wak wak wank now congratulat eme or else

well i didn't say anything just watching:rolleyes: P.S: sorry for being off topic:p
you will be 12??? mashaAllah!

pramudito
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
pramudito,
you have found a way to be closer to your brother! i am sure he would be very happy.
enjoy your first ramadan and may you have many more. :)
thanks, snakeleg!

you really as polite as what my brother have told in his log:)
you are 'short and deep'...:)

pramudito
08-30-2007, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Welcome home Brother. Remember me in your Du'as the prayers of a new revert are as pure as the prayers of a newborn.

And yes, you have returned to what you were born as. you were always Muslim. You just have learned that you were.
i will, brother. the best gift that i could give to you all are my prayers:)

Woodrow
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
i will, brother. the best gift that i could give to you all are my prayers:)

That is the most valuable gift we could receive from anybody. your generosity is deeply appreciated Akhi and may Allah(swt) make this Ramadan especially rewarding for you. Inshallah

nadia85
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
congrats thats great news

unknown_JJ
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Mashallah !! tabarakallah!!
welcome to islam!
may ALLAH KEEP ON GUIDING YOU!

piXie
09-01-2007, 04:03 PM
:salamext:

I knew he would accept Islam! Subhan'Allaah :smile:

May Allah reward him, make it easy for him, shower His Mercy on him, and reunite him wid his brother in the Highest Ranks of paradise when the time comes. Ameen

and i pray Allah removes all his difficulties and helps him benefit greatly this Ramadan and even in th other ramadan's. Ameen again.

Masha'Allaah Congratulationsss Akhi, and welcome to Islam!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-02-2007, 01:50 AM

MashaAllah brother, you've made my day. SubhanAllah, welcome to the Ummah! Allahu Akbar!
May Allah bless you immensely and keep you and your coming generation amongst the righteous, InshaAllah! Ameen! :D

Malaikah
09-02-2007, 09:31 AM

Mashaallah, congratulations!!!

Muslim Woman
09-02-2007, 09:50 AM

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

(May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

alhamdulillah!

welcome to Islam bro :)

i m so happy for u. InshaAllah it won't be very hard for u to fast the whole month.... may Allah make it easy for u . Ameen.

pl. dont forget to share ur Ramadan experinece with us :)

Muslim Woman
09-02-2007, 09:52 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:salamext:

I knew he would accept Islam!

:) :D

Muslim Woman
09-02-2007, 09:56 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia

try to fast 1/4 of a day, then 1/3 then 1/2 then a full day before ramadan starts insha'Allah just to get adjusted..:lol:

ya sis , i think it's a good advice. A new Muslim may find it hard to fast for 30 days , offer 5 times prayers etc.

so , bro learn slowly but steadily :)

u may start 3/4 hours fasting from now on.

Learn Fard ( compulsory ) prayers only now ...InshaAllah u will learn details later.

Let us know if u need any link for learning prayers
( multimedia presentation ) etc.

north_malaysian
09-03-2007, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
fasting because a kid should start fasting every day on ramadhan from starting the age 12
is it? Whoa... average Malaysians start fasting fully on the age of 10.

And I started fasting fully by the age of 7.

MaiCarInMtl
09-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Even as a non-muslim, I am so very glad God guided you to Islam. I am still taking my time reading and discussing things but since I have been looking into Islam, my relationship with God has improved so very much.

I really hope you enjoy your first Ramadan! I was able to observe someone very close to me last year as they went through Ramadan and I think it's a great thing! A very big part of me wants to try it this year (as I think it would really strengthen my bond with God), but I do not want anyone to be angry or insulted (perhaps I am incorrect as most Muslims I have spoken to seem to have no problem with a non-muslim observing Ramadan). Does anybody here know if it would be permissible?

Anyway! Back to you! Really take the time to enjoy this great month! I am very excited for you. I hope we get some news on how you're doing throughout the month - I am always very interested in hearing about people's experiences!

09-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Just saw this thread now! Mabroook!! May Allah make it easy for you inshaAllah :)

Muslim Woman
09-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Salaam/peace ;

format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl

i read about 2/3 yrs back that in Gujrat , India
some Hindus fasted the whole Ramadan with Muslims .

They did that as a protest against riot / killing of Muslims by Hindu fanatics /showing sympathy to Muslims that they are not helpless in their own country & not all Hindus are against Muslims.

I don't think u need permission from Muslims to do fasting if u want to :D :happy:

if u find it hard to fasting the whole day , u may observe mini Ramadan..... few hours fasting :p

verses we all need for this life & the hereafter

Do they not see how many a generation We have destroyed before their time - [people]

whom We had given a [bountiful] place on earth, the like of which We never gave unto you, and upon whom We showered heavenly blessings abundant, and at whose feet We made running waters flow?

And yet we destroyed them for their sins, and gave rise to other people in their stead.

-Quran (6:6)

Ayesha Rana
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeps u people are right an anyway Fasting is good for u... pretend ur on a diet if u have to lol! Fasting cleanses the system....
wassalam

rozeena
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
salaam bro, im sooo excited 4 u lol. ur guna love it trus me. its like a different spirit in ramadan evrifing feels different in a good way. ull know wat i mean. tell us how u get on.

Neelam92
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
salaam bro
its soo nice to see another person turning to Islam! :)
wow im so glad for u mashallah
this ramadan ur gonna luv
hope all the best for u
take care
neelam
:peace:

The holy month of Ramadan
For all Muslims has almost begun.
Praising Allah through the day,
From dawn to dusk we fast and pray.
We pay zakah (charity) for those in need,
Trying hard to do good deeds.

kwolney01
09-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Congrats on taking the great step into Islam!!! :D I hope this Ramadhan is a great one good luck last year was my first Ramadhan and it went great can't wait to do it again...Best Wishes to You

bluemoon
09-05-2007, 05:19 AM
alhamdulillah!

Aslam-o-Alaikum

I am very very happy to hear that you have entered in Islam .... I congratulate you from the depth of my heart. So WELCOME Most WELCOME and Best of Luck :thumbs_up for ever

pramudito
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
dear brother and sister...

i wish i could show my gratitude to y'all. MashaAllah, y'all have been so nice to a newcomer (in this forum and in Islam).

you have been showing me peaces, brotherhood, and friendship at the finest level.

thanks for da supports (i need them a lot!)

oh, by the way...in the last quarter of Ramadhan inshaAllah i will enter a program called 'Oasis for Our New Brothers' in Western Java Mountain. i will meet another new brothers in Islam to share our perspective of our new life (under the guidance of senior reverts and ulama). Yipeeee........!

may Allah strengthen my Imaan :)

MuslimahBarb
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
alhamdulillah!

Alhamdulillah on your taking shahadah. I know it was a wonderful feeling doing so. I am so happy to hear that you followed your heart and have embraced Islam.

The month of Ramadan is a truly wonderful time for a new Muslim but can also be challenging. The Brothers and Sisters here have given you some wonderful advice on preparing for it.

Salam,
Sister Barbara

syilla
09-06-2007, 12:48 AM

i wish i could show my gratitude to y'all. MashaAllah, y'all have been so nice to a newcomer (in this forum and in Islam).

you have been showing me peaces, brotherhood, and friendship at the finest level.

oh, by the way...in the last quarter of Ramadhan inshaAllah i will enter a program called 'Oasis for Our New Brothers' in Western Java Mountain. i will meet another new brothers in Islam to share our perspective of our new life (under the guidance of senior reverts and ulama). Yipeeee........!

MashaAllah that is so wonderful. You are so fortunate to be able to attend a new brothers program that is near to you.

May Allah strengthen every muslims eeman...so that the peace and brotherhood can be seen everywhere every corner of this world.

north_malaysian
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM

Going to a religious programme in the last quarter of Ramadhan..... wow!!! Some people are luckier!!!

I think during the same time ... most Muslims are busy shopping for eid.

pramudito
09-06-2007, 05:24 AM
yes. never been this lucky before:D

Muslim Woman
09-15-2007, 07:04 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

I think during the same time ... most Muslims are busy shopping for eid.
u r right :(

Eid night ( when we see the moon for Shawal ) is one of the 5 blessed nights when prayers are accepted.

I hardly see Muslim offer special prayers , they are either busy with shopping or busy with watching special TV shows :(

ok our new Mulims bro ( yak ..ur name is hard to remember :hiding:
how r u enjoying Ramadan ? Are all the new things --- fasting , 5 times prayers , Tarabi very hard ?

natasha
09-22-2007, 01:00 AM
salamu 3alykum..
welcome 2 islam ya akhi fi Allah ..
mashallah tabarak'Allah:) ..May Allah grant u in jannah inshallah + every other muslim..
wa3alykum salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.