/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you think...

Ummu Sufyaan
08-25-2007, 10:04 AM
:sl:
what do you people think of a user page competition. of course it would have to be Islamic, and the dead line will be around eid ul-adha inshallah. and the prize for the winner is a ticket to hajj!! yeah, i wish. no really, the prize is like a voucher or something to an Islamic book store or some thing. the critiria will be something like,how much da'wah is present, layout/presentation, creativity/originality, etc. hey maybe we could even have sections, like best layout, etc.
thats all i have thought of for now, so what do you guys think. vote now!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
08-25-2007, 02:12 PM
All I know is that I would win hands down.

Don't believe me? Check this: http://www.islamicboard.com/userpage...id=56#shouttop

------
08-25-2007, 02:20 PM
:salamext:

Gud idea, although you should try getting more people involved.

'Abd al-Baari
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Yeh it is a good idea :)
not sure if i'd enter though :/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
08-25-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Yeh it is a good idea :)
not sure if i'd enter though :/
^ Lol yeah..same here. Good idea...but not sure as to how many people will actually be bothered to take part....

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Yh good idea, maybe we should produce a list of potential competitors...

And who would judge it...admin...mods?

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I wonder what the admin-team has, to say abt it :)

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah, the admins and mods would be the judges. or we could even get the members to vote.

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Something to think about.

It seems like it was discussed about a year or so ago, but I can't remember what happened. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome. We actually do discuss members ideas among mods. But, sometimes various things make it impossible to implement some suggestions.

This will be discussed.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
well, i have decided inshallah to set up a user page, not for the comp, just in general, i don't think its gonna be that good, it would probably be mostly in arabic, as inshalah there will be quran, mostly auidio etc. so it wouldn't be that original.

Yanal
08-26-2007, 02:22 AM
I do not get it but if Br. Woodrow says it must be truth or not..:mmokay: but anyway if brother woodrow said it will be discussed then it will be by the way did the idea from last year turn up to be succesful ?

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I do not get it but if Br. Woodrow says it must be truth or not..:mmokay: but anyway if brother woodrow said it will be discussed then it will be by the way did the idea from last year turn up to be succesful ?
:w:

i wasn't a mod at the time, but I recall a similar suggestion being made. I did not see anything happen. but, at the time I had no interest in a user page and did not follow that thread.

Silver Pearl
08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
:wasalamex

There is nothing more artistic than a blank userpage with a dot in the middle, just a heart melter for me personally. I think it is a cool idea although I don't know if people will actually bother to put effort into it. Then you have to go through the LI squad for clearing as 3mu Woodrow stated, could be a long process.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2007, 11:41 AM
really, i thought people would be really interested.
what a let down.

Silver Pearl
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
really, i thought people would be really interested.
what a let down.

Aww Don't be put down, you'll come with some ingenious plan and everyone will just go meh, its a world wide kinda thing. Laziness overides practically everything. If it means anything my opinion is all that matters (:p) and I think its a great Idea :D Pester the staff members if you want a clear cut answer from them?

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:D Pester the staff members if you want a clear cut answer from them?
For those who agree with that. Remember, the PM ID for all LI Staff is: Silver Pearl

Ummu Sufyaan
08-27-2007, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Aww Don't be put down, you'll come with some ingenious plan and everyone will just go meh, its a world wide kinda thing. Laziness overides practically everything. If it means anything my opinion is all that matters (:p) and I think its a great Idea :D Pester the staff members if you want a clear cut answer from them?
thanks sis for your nice comments.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-27-2007, 04:27 AM

I'd be up for it! Aslong as the voting is fixed, so that I win.

But on a serious note, a little competition for the Akhirah is good, me thinks.

syilla
08-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Great idea...

i'm not going to enter though... :D i've no time to design it for the competition.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-27-2007, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

I'd be up for it! Aslong as the voting is fixed, so that I win.

But on a serious note, a little competition for the Akhirah is good, me thinks.
yeah yeah sis, you keep on dreaming there. lol

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2007, 04:30 AM
well since no one has yet gone against this idea, i think it's time we got the ball rolling. feel free to add or minus any ideas.

firstly well start with potential competitors:
Al Muwahhidah
me...(maryam11). lol

well thats it for the now. come on people. get going. this isn't going to be a two horse race.
so onece we have the competitors, what it the next step, catagories maybe??:)
maybe im rushing alittle.:hmm:

shible
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM

Hey one doubt?.

Is it Allowed in ISLAM....

Like Contests with Prizes..

I Dunno, thought of Askin

If i am not Wrong there was one thread similar but was focussing on Signatures of LI members.

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2007, 07:19 AM
wow!! yeah, i didn't even think of that.

shible
08-29-2007, 07:21 AM

shouldn't we have a Poll option as " no idea ".

I think we should

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
why, to me, its either yes, i agree, or no, i dont agree.

syilla
08-29-2007, 07:35 AM
why don't creat another thread on the halal fun section.

Lots of people will read it...

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah we should do that. i can't at the moment, or probably any time soon, so if someone else did, that wold be appreciated. whoever's up for it, check out islam-qa.com.

nadia85
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
good idea but dont think i would do it myself

Woodrow
08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Instead of having duplicate threads started, I'm moving this to Halal fun and leaving a 3 day redirect.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2007, 06:10 AM
i think i found what we have been looking for.
if somebody could find a specific fatwa, feel free to post.

Ruling on Qur’aan reading competitions for children

Question:
What is the hukm concerning the holding of Quraan reading competitions for children, to encourage them further, with the giving of prizes?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Holding such competitions is something good, if the aim is to encourage children to memorize the Book of Allaah from an early age. There is nothing wrong with encouraging them by offering prizes and gifts, and you will have a reward from Allaah. This has to do with cooperating in righteousness and piety, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… Help you one another in Al-Birr and Al-taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety)…” [al-Maa;idah 5:2]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=5526&ln=eng

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!