/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Perspective on CNN God's Muslim Warriors - Part 1 and 2

tresbien
08-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Perspective on CNN God's Muslim Warriors - Part 1 and 2new

We congratulate CNN and Christiane Amanpour for the outstanding report, however, was it accurate representation of Islam? Did it bridge the gab or further add to the misconceptions?
to read more click on
http://www.muslimbridges.org/content/view/713/37/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tresbien
Perspective on CNN God's Muslim Warriors - Part 1 and 2new

We congratulate CNN and Christiane Amanpour for the outstanding report, however, was it accurate representation of Islam? Did it bridge the gab or further add to the misconceptions?
to read more click on

Why do you think it was ment to be an "accurate representation of Islam"?

It was ment to talk about what is done in the name of religion.

Pygoscelis
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Expect this thread to be closed. I made the same error a few days ago.

There is already a thread on this in "General" (a section I never go to so didn't find this in).

جوري
08-28-2007, 08:30 PM
I despise that hag of a woman I hope she gets what she deserves soon insha'Allah. I have never seen one comme il faut by that woman, like she searches in the darkest most recess of the web to find the most hateful faulty things to say of Islam and broadcast it with the most inflammatory style to the world... every piece she has presented so far does nothing but irritate me, there is no hint of reputability or accuracy.
I have seen better news broadcast from 6th graders than I have seen by that woman.
Now I just refuse to watch anything by her... and I'd advise the Muslims not to watch her either, unless they will activley rebut her on similar programming!
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Christiane Amanpour
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiane_Amanpour
Awards and recognition
1991, Breakthrough Award from "Women, Men and Media"
1992, Livingston Award for Young Journalists
1993, George Polk Award for Television Reporting, 1996).
1993, George Foster Peabody awards[4]
1994, Woman of the Year, New York Chapter of "Women in Cable"
1994, Courage in Journalism Award, International Women's Media Foundation
1996, George Polk Award for Television Reporting
1997, Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree, Emory University
1997, Nymphe d’Honneur at the Monte Carlo Television Festival
1998, George Foster Peabody awards
2002, Edward R. Murrow Award for Distinguished Achievement in Broadcast Journalism
2002, Goldsmith Career Award for Excellence in Journalism, at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government[5]
2005, International Emmy, International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
2006, Honorary citizen, city of Sarajevo
2006, Honorary doctorate degree from the University of Michigan for her contributions to journalism
2007, CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours[3]
Director on the board of the Committee to Protect Journalists
Fellow, Society of Professional Journalists
Nine Emmy news/documentary awards
Major role in two DuPont awards given to CNN
Major role in a Golden CableACE award given to CNN
Honorary Board Member of the Daniel Pearl Foundation
Sigma Chi Award (SDX) for her reports from Goma, Zaire
Forbes magazine named her one of the 100 Most Powerful Women
WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival Gold Award
POP Award, by "Cable Positive"

جوري
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
wow that list of laurelses really convinced me, the same way Robert Fisk's impresses you..
Thanks for yet another schoolboy's jest-- I am sure somewhere in its midst there is an ascertainable point...

Isambard
08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
wow that list of laurelses really convinced me, the same way Robert Fisk's impresses you..
Thanks for yet another schoolboy's jest-- I am sure somewhere in its midst there is an ascertainable point...
Funny, all you did is stamp your feet and cry.

You gave no reason why anyone should consider her garbage except "search dark recesses" which is bull because she covered only big events....unless of course you feel people should ignore the revolutions and uprise of violence in Islamic countries because you dont like it.

جوري
08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Funny, all you did is stamp your feet and cry.

You gave no reason why anyone should consider her garbage except "search dark recesses" which is bull because she covered only big events....unless of course you feel people should ignore the revolutions and uprise of violence in Islamic countries because you dont like it.
Why don't you get new material fellow? you are really starting to bore me!

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
That sounded like the stomping of feet and crying.

جوري
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
That sounded like the stomping of feet and crying.
you must have an exclusive personal experience with that, to be able to recognize it with such an alacrity ;D

wilberhum
08-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Now that sounded like venom squirting.

Abdul Fattah
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
This is actually the third time this has been posted as a thread, please use the search button before opening a new thread.

جوري
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Now that sounded like venom squirting.
yeah don't worry about it (you'll live), when you squirt yourself, you are immune.. how ever other folks might need some sterlization and debridement when coming in close contact with you...+o(

I don't want to go down this path with you ole man-- I am not going to be shanghaied into a word play with you!
You can't accept an opinion that doesn't reflect yours, don't comment. Your two cents or your cut and paste abilities aren't going to be a turning point for anyone so please take your buddy and go hike the Rockies!

Abdul Fattah
08-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Lucky you, I guess you were able to slip that in during the small time frame in between me posting my post and then closing the thread. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.