/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Newspaper Do You Read?

جوري
08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Which Newspaper Do You Read?

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. USA Today is read by people who think they maybe ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie charts.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country--if they could find the time--and if they didn't have t o leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose ancestors used to run the country and did a far superior job of it, thank you very much.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country but need the baseball scores.

10. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure anyone runs the country, but if they find out who does, they oppose all them. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped, minority, feminist, atheist, and also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy provided, of course, that they are not Republicans.

11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

12. Nothing is read by the guy who is running this country into the ground

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karina
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
As I live in the UK - I read none of the above.

Here, I read the Independent.

I suppose you can tell a lot about a person if you know what newspaper they regularly read......?

جوري
08-25-2007, 06:49 PM
No I can't -- this was meant to be humorous.. perhaps I should have posted it, under halal fun?-- I read the independent myself, get my news mostly from the web through a group called (amerivoice) I do get the Sunday times, read mostly art and leisure-- I don't find the other articles very worth while ..
peace!

Pk_#2
08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
PA!! rong section, i was bout to answer without reading it. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Which Newspaper Do You Read?

9. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country but need the baseball scores.

11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

:sl:
LOL:D JazakaAllah khair...
Just like the above, i to would have replied without reading the primary text:p
My answer....'The Metro' Woot these are wicked! Every morning to college on the train, what better way to spend 20 minutes than reading some maneure:p
Or better still we scrunch them up, turn them into weapons:D Quite matture we are i tell you!
:D
:w:

Amadeus85
08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I read mostly conservative newspapers in my country

Kittygyal
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
None.

chacha_jalebi
08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
the metro all the wayy!!!!!

its always left around on the tube, in uni and wherever so its easy to find and best thin its free :D

"then which of thy lords favours will you deny"

free newspapers :p thats a heavy favour :D

Woodrow
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know if i should post a serious or humorous answer.

I lost track as to if this is still a humorous topic.

For Local News: The Austin Statesman

For regional News: San Antonio Express-News

For US news: The New York Times

For international: I go to this link and try to find from both the country of the news event and from countries I feel would have opposing views.

http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/news/#europe

Kittygyal
08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I don't know if i should post a serious or humorous answer.

I lost track as to if this is still a humorous topic.

For Local News: The Austin Statesman

For regional News: San Antonio Express-News

For US news: The New York Times

For international: I go to this link and try to find from both the country of the news event and from countries I feel would have opposing views.

http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/news/#europe

:hiding: I won't say anything :uhwhat

ahsan28
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I normally scan these newspapers in the morning:-

UK

Timesonline
Guardian
Independent

US

Washington Post
NY Times
IHT

Israel

HAARETZ

Jerusalem Post

UAE

Gulf News

H4RUN
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

its always left around on the tube, in uni and wherever so its easy to find and best thin its free :D

YA KNOW IT makes SENSE! :coolious:
:w:

Pk_#2
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

ur SO cheap :mmokay: buh i agree ;D

Intisar
08-26-2007, 04:34 AM
:sl: LOL My Dad reads The Washington Post, The New York Post and The Boston Globe. Nice descriptions though.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I read the free ones like the Metro and the asian community ones that come out every month. Sometimes I try to read the newspaper at the local newagents until the man at the counter saays " are you going to buy it or what??!" then I have to put it down.

Md Mashud
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
The Economist/Financial Times for the boring stuff...

Or if Im just commuting - pick up a Lite or London Newspaper for a quick read of recent events.

Yanal
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I am from vancouver Lol so none above i am a free fund guy so cross check all the other newspapers and put the free ones on

snakelegs
08-27-2007, 07:03 AM
well, since most others are giving serious answers, i will too. :D
i don't read any paper regularly. for news i rely on the web and non-commercial radio.
since i am pretty lazy, i mostly use an australian libertarian site called antiwar.com which draws from many sources.
occaisionally, i will read the n.y. times or the washington post, the independent, the guardian, and haaretz.
i think it's best not to rely on any one source.
i also listen to democracynow.org
i go on binges where i avoid news all together - good for the health!

Ummu Sufyaan
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
none. im so over reading anti Islamic stuff. if i do, i just read my local paper.

جوري
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i go on binges where i avoid news all together - good for the health!
couldn't agree more dear snake.. but news always finds me, the minute I log on, it flashes like a tawdry ornament and grabs my attention --and before you know it, I am sucked into some black vortex :offended:

peace!

00:00
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Metro

The Muslim News
The Islamic Times

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.