/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

DAWUD_adnan
08-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I posted this verse on a discussion forum

“And behold! Allah will say "O Jesus the son of Mary! didst thou say unto men `worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah"? He will say: ''Glory to Thee ! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart though I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.''

And i got this :

Should add, that it's in comments like this where the Quran looses all credibility when it comes to talking about Christianity, because Christianity has never held Mary to be part of the Godhead.

I forgot how to refute this can anyone remind me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
:sl:

I think it has something to do with Catholics. Isn't that what the whole hail Mary thing is about?

DAWUD_adnan
08-26-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah, but how should i say it?

UmmSqueakster
08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
A good explanation can be found here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The problem is that ever since the Catholic vs. Christian split, the term Christians is revered only for Christians and no longer for Catholics, whereas before the split, they were just synonyms.

So only the group that is now know as Catholics worship Mary

Dawud_uk
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

there have been sects who did worship maryam as part of a trinity, it could easily be argued the catholics still worship her today in their saint worship.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

glo
09-01-2007, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
The problem is that ever since the Catholic vs. Christian split, the term Christians is revered only for Christians and no longer for Catholics, whereas before the split, they were just synonyms.

So only the group that is now know as Catholics worship Mary
Greetings, Steve

A few corrections, as far as my own understanding goes.
Although there are some Protestant groups who feel that Catholics are not real Christians, and some Catholics who feel that Protestants are not true Christians, I think most Christians see both as part of the body of Christ,. After all, despite the differences in theology, interpretation and traditions, the core beliefs about God, Jesus' death and resurrection, the trinity etc are the same.

From my own Catholic upbringing I would say that although Catholics may pray to Mary, they pray to her as an intercessor on their behalf, not because she is God herself.

Most certainly the comment the OP received is correct: Mary has never been part of the trinity (i.e. of God) in Christian theology.
I am not sure why the Qu'ran states that Christians do, or whether it is based on some sects during Muhammed's life ... but it is not what mainstream Christians (Catholics or otherwise) believe.

Peace

Tania
09-01-2007, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

there have been sects who did worship maryam as part of a trinity, it could easily be argued the catholics still worship her today in their saint worship.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
2680 Prayer is primarily addressed to the Father; it can also be directed toward Jesus, particularly by the invocation of his holy name: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners."

2682 Because of Mary's singular cooperation with the action of the Holy Spirit, the Church loves to pray in communion with the Virgin Mary, to magnify with her the great things the Lord has done for her, and to entrust supplications and praises to her.

Source: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_cs...1c2a2.htm#2664

ravenous
09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
The argument that the Quran "loses credibility" by accusing the christians, be they catholics, protestants, lutherans, seventh day adventists, jehovah's witnessess, etc., etc., of taking Isa, Peace be upon him, and his mother Maryam, Peace be upon her, as Gods besides Allah is a moot point. Because it becomes a question of our very different definitions of worship and deification.

Maryam is not worshipped as part of the trinity, it is true, but she is considered an intercessor for Christians in their time of need, and she is revered as a saint in many churches. Both these acts in Islam are considered blasphemous because they raise Maryam to the level of association as a partner with Allah.

It's like when the Ayah about the Christians and Jews taking their priests and rabbis as Gods besides Allah was revealed. One of the companions of the Prophet who used to be Christian said that they never did that, and the Prophet replied that they allow what Allah has forbidden and forbid what Allah has allowed (i.e., they forbade marriage for the clergy, and permitted wine), and that is a kind of worship.

Since the concept of monotheism is the cornerstone of the Muslim faith, it is protected to the utmost. Deification of humans, animals and objects often start in various forms of reverence and adulation, as is evident in the study of anthropology and mythology. Islam seeks to eradicate and remove all temptation to that end.

Wallahu aalam. Hope that helps, Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!