/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Islam at Interactive Bible Home Page

Michael
08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I came across this site: LINK REMOVED

It contains many arguments against Islam, calling it "polytheism repackaged in monotheistic wrapping-paper", and many insults against the Prophet Muhammand (SAWS). Can anyone here help me refute these arguments (for my sake, not theirs).

That site also has wrong information on Orthodox Christianity, the church that I attend. I suppose if it's wrong about one thing, then it could be wrong about the Islamic things too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Science101
08-26-2007, 11:33 AM
And while you're at it, tell them the Science101 guy says their science page is making Christians look like fools and some of them are getting very angry.

If you look at this image the tracks they are claiming are human then you'll notice they only have three toes! And look at the size of some of them!

LINK REMOVED

The trackmaker (a dinosaur) has already been identified but these guys think they know it all. There is no excuse for what they are doing.

Good luck!

Science101
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Thought I should add that someone I know named Glen Kuban has been at odds with them (and others misrepresenting science) for years. Unfortunately, they refuse to stop fabricating stories. Here's one of many pages he wrote about the hoax.

LINK REMOVED

Maybe your complaint coupled with backing from members of this forum will help end their foolishness but they are persistent.

aamirsaab
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
:sl:
That site sucks so much it's not even worth refuting. Seriously, it's just an anti-Islam site. Best bet is to ignore it and let it die.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Science101
08-26-2007, 12:01 PM
You might be right. It only gives them more attention. But it's hard to do nothing.

One good thing, is that their anti-science days are numbered due to mainstream Christians now distancing themselves from these groups. They will one day be all alone with nobody who will listen to them.

Trumble
08-26-2007, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael

I suppose if it's wrong about one thing, then it could be wrong about the Islamic things too.
Such sites are usually 'wrong' about a great many things, and that's just as true about some Islamic sites as some Christian and 'atheistic' ones (Harun Yayha on any other religion springs to mind). I use the quotes because 'wrong' suggests an error.. and there is no 'error' being made, just a deliberate distortion of facts and other people's opinions and beliefs to suit a particular agenda. Never take such things seriously unless you take the trouble to check out what both 'sides' have to say on a particular issue, and have understood both arguments whichever you may end up agreeing with.. note the 'refutation' can often be as flawed as the original accusation.

Regarding that particular site, even the regular non-muslims here recognise the complete rubbish being peddled there.. as aamirsaab says isn't isn't even worth the trouble of refuting, although you will find all your answers on these boards if you search.

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Sorry for the missing links. Your attitude is highly commendable and appreciated. However, we do not permit links to anti-Islamic sites to be posted. It only tends to give those site unwarranted publicity and unintentionally helps them grow. They thrive on goading people to respond with the goal of refuting them. This is a situation in which silence can be the best refutation.

Science101
08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank you Woodrow for explaining. Having experience in how groups like this gain visibility by creating controversy I know how that works.

Their page on Islam might in a way work in everyone's favor due to it not making a convincing argument and one was pro-Iraq and hopeful as opposed to raising paranoia about "terrorists" which was a welcome sight.

I don't think it's a very popular website. Actually they get a lot of hits from people who laugh at it. Web pages I saw while searching for Glen's page that refutes their so called science had a higher google ranking. In their case the controversy has educators and scientists working overtime to educate the public to be able to see through the hoaxes. In that case I think it's kinda funny how it gets educators moving!

Malaikah
09-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi Micheal,

Maybe you could post the actual arguments, with out a link, and we can refute them for you, God Willing.

But I warn you against wasting time on such websites, they contain more lies than truth. In fact I accidentally came across one this morning and found three majors lies and distortions on less than two pages alone!

Woodrow
09-02-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Hi Micheal,

Maybe you could post the actual arguments, with out a link, and we can refute them for you, God Willing.

But I warn you against wasting time on such websites, they contain more lies than truth. In fact I accidentally came across one this morning and found three majors lies and distortions on less than two pages alone!
:w:

It is best to just ignore sites like that. The weapon they use is to encourage people to refute them. They have full control of the site and they are not interested in debate. They only want emotional poor refutations that are posted by people with no debating skills. Any refutations that even appear to refute them will not be visible for long if at all. Poor unsubstantiated refutations will be allowed to stay.

In other words the refutation gets turned into supporting them and you end up appearing to be one of their supporters. Your member information, gets used as a tool to support them.

Do not be surprised if your computer suddenly gets a little odd acting. Most likely you will have a keyboard redirect cookie placed on your PC as soon as you activate your password. That will not be a virus or spyware as it is part of your log in page.

If you do insist on visiting such sites do not make the mistake of joining as a member. You will become a numerical supporter for them.

Malaikah
09-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the advice, Woodrow. Although I didn't join up, I just saw it by accident.

tarek29
09-22-2007, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael

It contains many arguments against Islam, calling it "polytheism repackaged in monotheistic wrapping-paper", and many insults against the Prophet Muhammand (SAWS). Can anyone here help me refute these arguments (for my sake, not theirs).

That site also has wrong information on Orthodox Christianity, the church that I attend. I suppose if it's wrong about one thing, then it could be wrong about the Islamic things too.
Salam Michael,

Please can you paste those things that you want us to answer so that we answer them to you with Allah's WILL !?

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.