/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a look when NASA introduces the Tariq

Anwarica
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
:sl:
I was wandering on the web yesterday trying to find the scientific evidence for this verse:
"I swear by Heaven and the Tariq (The Knocker) ! And what will convey to you what the Tariq is? The Star Piercing [the darkness]! (Qur'an, 86:1-3)"
Here's a topic about the Quran and pulsar sounds

On NASA

Sounds of the pulsars

A great video hosting Zaghloul El-Naggar talking about this issue and other issues (Arabic only)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Radio astronomy is one of current hobbies. Some of you already know I use my PC for number crunching of data from SETI. Space is a very noisey place. We are constantly being bombarded with radion signals from objects in far deep space. Here is the current SETI project I am working on. The data was originaly received by the radio telescope at Areciebo Puerto Rico, it was sent to me today. The potion of space I am looking would be about the size of the finger nail on your little finger. Here is a graphic of what my PC is looking at.

Each line is either a separate Galaxy or a pulsar. What my PC is trying to do is identify the pulsars by the variations in the radio waves. This is a constantly changing picture. It is animated. Here is a few a few seconds after the first picture.

the amount of data is unbelievable. And this is such a tiny insignificant part of the universe. I would not even attempt to guess how many galaxies are found in just that spot which is so far from us it does not look much bigger then a pin head from here and each galaxay has millions of stars about the size of our sun or bigger. The pulsars that are within that group are the real noise makers and that is what I am looking for.

Here is what that project is looking like:

as you can see my PC is going to need about nine more hours to just measure the data, and I have a very fast PC

Amazing how the Qur'an could Know of the existence of this stuff that is even now beyond our comprehension.

the seti program was originally developed to search for extra-terrestial life, but most of the work now is to simply map the known universe. This is a project that will last for a vry long time. the known universe is quite big;D

Anwarica
09-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Woodrow, I was wondering, does this program require any device to be plugged into the computer? or it's only a software? :)

Woodrow
09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica
Woodrow, I was wondering, does this program require any device to be plugged into the computer? or it's only a software? :)
It is all soft ware, but you do have to stay on line 24/7 as you never know when new projects will be down loaded. Or when your info can be uploaded back. You do get to alloted size on how much HDD space you want to allow for data. I allocated 100 gigs. However, you do not have to allow for that much space a good rule is to keep it at about 10% of your HDD space at the max, Of course the larger HDD space you can allow the bigger the projects you get downloaded.

After your PC does all of the number crunching it is all uploaded to Berkly for them to figure out what is there. You can also sign up for other projects, I'm also in the Malaria tracking program and a few others.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
09-04-2007, 03:28 PM
@Woodrow

Do you have a link for those tracking softwares. I want to have a look

Anwarica
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Jazakum Allah khairan Woodrow :)

Woodrow
09-05-2007, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
@Woodrow

Do you have a link for those tracking softwares. I want to have a look
you have to download from seti at home:

It is the BOINC software. The link is:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

you will also have the option to get involved in other projects.

Here is more about SETI Although the project was basically desigened to search for extra terrestial Intelligence, the data is also being used for sky mapping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI@home

guyabano
09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
thanks

Makky
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
this thread should be sticky

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.