/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losing Faith...

BanGuLLy
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I just had an argument with my brother about Religion... and he said Religion was just made to keep people civilized... He said Mohammed was just a smart philosopher and he did what he could just to keep his people civilized... Please prove him wrong.... and Plz help me and tell me WHY Islam is the right religion.. give me proofs and references from the Quran... to show that it is the word of Allah... Honestly if I'm not satisfied.. I'm gonna be agnostic... and do the stuff I did in the past...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Selam aleykum brother

My advice to you would be, when you feel doubt entering your heart, read the Qur'an, or a translation of the Qur'an. Also remember like Sister Purest Ambrosia's signature says: For the skeptic, no amount of proof will be enough, and for the believer, no amount of proof is necessary. You can either live your whole live in doubt, or you can chose to believe beyond doubt.

That being said if you have any specific questions it's all ways good to ask them like you did as asking questions is the cure for lack of knowledge.

Regarding the claims your brother made. They are completely unsubstantiated, so really there's nothing to refute. It's just speculation, perhaps you could ask him to bring his proofs or at least arguments and then I could inshaAllah refute it.

Md Mashud
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
It is true that religion is to keep people civilised. All actions if Islam - it is not because Allah needs us to do anything, he does not benefit from us. However, he has bestowed the best of knowledge to human on how to live and prepare for the afterlife - to benefit ourselves.

The Qur'an, is far from just a book that could be made by a philosopher. Tell him to name one other philosopher who was able to claim that he has the solutions to all Worldly problems, present AND FUTURE? - People often forget Islam has the solution to all problems :|..

Could an illiterate man have such depth of knowledge that he naturally got this knowledge? It would not be logical to believe this. Truly he was given knowledge only that could be described as divine...

Humans make mistake. If your brother was to assume he was just some smart guy - lets clear 2 characteristic tests.

He claimed God exists and he is the messenger. If he was just a smart philosopher - It would mean he is either a liar or crazy - he could just claims that certain actions would benefit human kind and would have no reasons to make up a God to argue his philosophical case. The latter would not work simply because someone insane could not bring up such great depth of knowledge. The former could not be true either due to his perfect characteristic! If he was a liar, he would not be a good person - which is what he was - not just good but the perfect.

People at the time were extremely ignorant - a fool could never convince them to leave there way - the way in which one makes most of his time in dunyas luxuries. Why would they give up there women, wealth and ways due to a philospher? This has never happened before, present or will not happen in the future (talking about philosophers, not prophets/messengers).

If he was merely a smart philospher and you assumed he made up God so people took his ideas seriously to make people civilised - this also is wrong... he would not risk his life as the way our prophet :saw: had done so - or been protected in such divine ways as our prophet :saw: was in delivering the great message... It would have not been worth it. Claiming there god was wrong and there was another God would not help a philosopher at all - just danger him and have him mocked, attacked, torturued and threatened - Proven by what had happened to our prophet :saw:.

There is nothing to support the idea "He was just a philospher" - no one can claim this without ignorance.

My cousin gave this link - I think it would be a good read: http://www.islamicity.com/science/theamazingquran.shtml

snakelegs
08-28-2007, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
I just had an argument with my brother about Religion... and he said Religion was just made to keep people civilized... He said Mohammed was just a smart philosopher and he did what he could just to keep his people civilized... Please prove him wrong.... and Plz help me and tell me WHY Islam is the right religion.. give me proofs and references from the Quran... to show that it is the word of Allah... Honestly if I'm not satisfied.. I'm gonna be agnostic... and do the stuff I did in the past...
do not start to do all the stuff you've done in the past if you don't get answers that satisfy you. all it means is that you didn't get answers that satisfy you, and nothing more.
you really don't need to concentrate on your bother's opinions, but on rebuilding your life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barney
08-28-2007, 04:07 AM
Religion is a personal journey. you'll find the answer within yourself.
Best of luck with that.

One word of warning, if you do decide to become agnostic, dont go telling people openly that you have.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
and he said Religion was just made to keep people civilized...
Islam was indeed sent to make people civilised. When the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam was sent do you know what the condition was of the people? heres a small extract from a hadith in which jafar, radhiallahu anhu the cousin of our prophet Sallallahi alaihi wsallaam, explains the condition to an-najashi (negus)

He said:

O King, we were a people in a state of ignorance and immorality, worshipping idols and eating the flesh of dead animals, committing all sorts of abomination and shameful deeds, breaking the ties of kinship, treating guests badly, and the strong among us exploited the weak. We remained in this state until Allah sent us a Prophet, one of our own people, whose lineage, truthfulness, trustworthiness, and integrity were well-known to us.

He called us to worship Allah alone, and to renounce the stones and the idols which we and our ancestors used to worship besides Allah.

He commanded us to speak the truth, to honor our promises, to be kind to our relations, to be helpful to our neighbors, to cease all forbidden acts, to abstain from bloodshed, to avoid obscenities and false witness, and not to appropriate an orphan’s property nor slander chaste women.

He ordered us to worship Allah alone and not to associate anything with him, to uphold Salat, to give Zakaah, and fast in the month of Ramadan.

We believed in him and what he brought to us from Allah, and we follow him in what he has asked us to do and we keep away from what he forbade us from.

Thereupon, O King, our people attacked us, visited the severest punishment on us, to make us renounce our religion and take us back to the old immorality and the worship of idols.

They oppressed us, made life intolerable for us, and obstructed us from observing our religion. So we left for your country, choosing you before anyone else, desiring your protection and hoping to live in Justice and in peace in your midst.
He said Mohammed was just a smart philosopher and he did what he could just to keep his people civilized... Please prove him wrong.... and Plz help me and tell me WHY Islam is the right religion.. give me proofs and references from the Quran... to show that it is the word of Allah... Honestly if I'm not satisfied.. I'm gonna be agnostic... and do the stuff I did in the past...
BRO! What Md Mashud said should cover the rest but subhanAllah, when a man risks his whole life for his people, and then spends his days in poverty when offered riches... HOW CAN YOU DOUBT HIM?

SUBHANALLAH! Did you know that the Qureysh (leaders of makkah) came up to him offering all the wealth, 10 finest women, fame and glory, cure from sorcery and our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam rejected all that stating "i simply come to deliver a message from my lord".

Bro read about his life! no seriously as ur brother in islam im worried about U! READ THE BIOGRAPHY OF OUR BELOVED PROPHET SALLALLAHI ALAIHI WASALLAAM AND FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM! May Allah grant you hidaayat and jannah and keep you safe from the fitnah of shayateen and those who have given their nafs to their desires!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.