/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Native Deen?

Na7lah
08-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Native Deen consists of three young men who were born and raised in America with Islam as their faith. Growing up as Muslims in America is what makes their music so popular with the youth. In addition, Muslim parents and people of all faiths enjoy their songs. The hip beats and positive lyrics make their music truly universal.

r their nasheeds haram 2 listen 2 cuz they have music? i just wanted 2 know
cuz some of my freinds listen 2 them and i thought it was not alowed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Forbidden In Islam!

Neelam92
08-26-2007, 08:21 PM
errrmmm well to tell u da truth i listen to them myself but wats good about their music is that it gives out a good message i mean my friends listend to one of their songs and all of a sudden she came interested in islam so i was like in a sort of shock!!!
im not 100% sure tho

Kittygyal
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
It's been discussed before, im erm kinda shleepy hope the mods/admins or sum member can help ya.

Toot.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Forbidden In Islam!
is there a difference of opinion on this matter?...even though their songs contains music, their not spreading anything wrong, it's all for islam...

Kittygyal
08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786

is there a difference of opinion on this matter?...even though their songs contains music, their not spreading anything wrong, it's all for islam...
:sl:

Aghaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

im sowiee i shud have wrote.

THE MUSIC BEEN USED IS FORBIDDEN IN ISLAM...

sumthin like that , sowiee im kindish slow cuz im tired :phew

nevesirth
08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
if their music spraeds a positive message in an islamic way. i c no reason y it shld be termed haraam!!!!!!!!!

strider
08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
There is indeed a difference of opinion on this issue. However, this topic has been discussed many times over so just perform a search on 'music'. :)

Neelam92
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
if their music spraeds a positive message in an islamic way. i c no reason y it shld be termed haraam!!!!!!!!!
thats wat i dont get i mean well my sis knows a friends who acually did convert simply by listening to nasheeds and from there on she just started to study islam alot :D

Al_Imaan
08-26-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
There is indeed a difference of opinion on this issue. However, this topic has been discussed many times over so just perform a search on 'music'. :)
since there is a difference of opinion, i don't think anyone should use "haram" for music that spreads an islamic message even if it contains music...

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-26-2007, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786

since there is a difference of opinion, i don't think anyone should use "haram" for music that spreads an islamic message even if it contains music...
Sis, it's not an even division. Only a handful of scholars in the whole history of Islam said that Music is halaal, and they did so based upon qiyas (analogy), not textual evidences. And indeed the textual evidences point to Music being haraam.

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge…”

[Luqmaan 31:6]

Most of the scholars interpreted lahw al-hadeeth (“idle talk”) as meaning singing and musical instruments, and every voice that diverts people from the truth.

Ibn Mas’ood said: This refers to singing. Similar views were narrated from others among the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them all) and the Salaf.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing.

Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

Al-Tabari (Jaami’ al-Bayaan, 15/118-119), Ibn Abi’l-Dunya (Dham al-Malaahi, 33) and Ibn al-Jawzi (Talbees Iblees, 232) all reported that concerning the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“[Allaah said to Shaytaan;] ‘And istafziz [literally means befool them gradually] those whom you can with your voice, make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, mutually share with them wealth and children, and make promises to them.’ But Shaytaan promises them nothing but deceit”

[al-Isra’ 17:64]

Mujaahid said, “This refers to singing and flutes.”

Al-Tabari reported that al-Hasan al-Basri said:

“His voice is the tambourine.”

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (1/252):

“The grammatical structure here (idaafah – genitive or possessive) is used to make something specific (idaafat al-takhsees), and in all these words in the aayah it refers back to the Shaytaan [addressed here as ‘you’ by Allaah, may He be glorified]. Everyone who speaks about anything other than obedience of Allaah or plays a reed pipe, flute, tambourine or drum, all of this is the voice of Shaytaan.”

See here, and here for the ruling on Music.

But to answer the original question, see here for the ruling on Islamic nasheeds with music.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-26-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah
Sis, it's not an even division. Only a handful of scholars in the whole history of Islam said that Music is halaal, and they did so based upon qiyas (analogy), not textual evidences. And indeed the textual evidences point to Music being haraam.
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

sis i believe music is haram Alhamdulillah 150% but i hear stuff like this a lot. I was just wondering which reputable scholar ever based such verdicts on qiyaas? and can i see any example as i've never seen it before?

btw qiyaas = using understanding due to a lack of strong evidences (or weak evidences)?

seriously where does "music is halal if intention is this n that" come into it? and i also heard that ibn abidin, one of abu hanifa's best students said soemthing to the effect of "do not be harsh towards the sufi's for using music" <--- wallahi i find this hard to believe that the best student of abu hanifa would say this although all four of the great imams agreed that string and wind instruments are haram....

so can you show me anything? if not its ok inshaAllah

jzcasejz
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah
Jazaakillaahu Khayr. :thumbs_up

soldierette
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
What about nasheeds without music, they're ok aint they? Because i read that singin is haraam as well.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

sis i believe music is haram Alhamdulillah 150&#37; but i hear stuff like this a lot. I was just wondering which reputable scholar ever based such verdicts on qiyaas? and can i see any example as i've never seen it before?

btw qiyaas = using understanding due to a lack of strong evidences (or weak evidences)?
:wasalamex

What do you mean by reputable scholar? Since there is no text or hadeeth that says that music is halal akhee, so they would have to base it on qiyaas, wouldn't they? This issue has been discussed many times on the forum, so I'd rather abstain from discussing it again.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

seriously where does "music is halal if intention is this n that" come into it? and i also heard that ibn abidin, one of abu hanifa's best students said soemthing to the effect of "do not be harsh towards the sufi's for using music" <--- wallahi i find this hard to believe that the best student of abu hanifa would say this although all four of the great imams agreed that string and wind instruments are haram....

so can you show me anything? if not its ok inshaAllah
I have not seen the words of ibn Abideen, or other scholars comment on it so I can't help you there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.