/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is the duty of Sultan

shev
08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
One day sultan Murat was not fine. He looked flurried. As if he wants to say something but changes his mind. He wasn’t either happy or unhappy. His adviser asks what the problem is.
He says: well yesterday I had a strange dream. Get ready let’s go out and find out.
They change their clothes and goes out like mullahs. Sultan goes on his way stably and when they arrive Ukapani they stop and see a body on street.
They ask: who is he??
People : Ooo hodja don’t care him. He was a drunk and a bad man that is all…..
Sultan Murat: How do you know it??
People : we are his neighbours for ages we know…
One of them: well actually he is a good artificer. He makes beautiful shoes… but he spends all his money on alcohol and on prostition . he takes bottles of alcohol and women that are known bad to his house…
One of the men was very angry.. he says : if you like ask his neigbours is there anyone who see him at the cemaat.. and everyone goes. Just sultan and his adviser left. Adviser was about to leave but sultan asks where??
-- Well I don’t know I thought you’d like to stay far from this man.
--- people can go, I can’t say anything to them. But in a such a way he is our dependent. funeral must be buried.
---- ok. We’ll send a couple of hodja from the palace and get rid of responsibility..
--- No, we haven’t solve the wisdom of the dream yet.
----- Ok. What will you order met o do??
---- we’ll bury the funeral
--- ohh my lord how will we do it?? We have to bath him…
--- don’t wory I can do. But first we must find a place where funerals are being bath.
---- ok. There is a small mescid
--- No, If it were you where would you like your funeral to be undertaken
--- well Hagia Sophia or Suleymaniye mosque or at least Fatih mosque.
--- At Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye mosque there are a lot of people from palace we can be recognized. But Fatih mosque is good. Come on help me lets carry him…
They do prepare him and ad they were about to start duha adviser says
--- My Sultan, I think we do wrong
---- why??
--- we got excited and bring him here but may be he had a wife or children.
---yes you are right. Ok. You wait here I’ll go and ask his neighbours.
He goes and finds out his wife. Tels her what have happened. She listens very calmly and
--- oh my dear son , please forgive me I can see that you have been very tired….( And she tells him about her husband) He was making shoes all the day…. But when he sees a bottle of alcohol in someone’s hand he gives everything in his hand to buy , brings and pour it in the toilet.
--- why??
-- because he doesn’t want a muslim to drink alcohol
-- awesome
----and he pays those women and bring them here and says I paid you for your time so you have to listen to me and he tells them about religion
---- but people thought different
---- yes he didn’t care about what people think. And he was always going to far mosque because he said the hodja that prey must be very good. I told him that people would misunderstand him and would think him as a bad man. And no one will burry his funeral..
---- Yes that’s right. What did he say then
She smiles and says --- he said dear, God is great what is the duty of Sultan

I'll ask mods to please corret it if there are mistakes in language....:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
:sl:

I would not edit that if I was demanded too. There are some subtle grammar errors, but they only add to the post and reflect the beauty of your native language. Thank you for sharing. It is a really beautiful story and one we can learn from.

snakelegs
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
nice one - thankyou.
good reminder that we are all too quick too judge people and we rarely know the whole story.

yigiter187
08-27-2007, 09:43 AM
this story tells me why ottomans became a great state,number one of the world....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Science101
08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Shev, I loved it!

That is the cutest story I ever read. I could not resist copying the text to an education forum where the school teachers just had a big debate over always using proper English grammar. I asked them to try editing the story without ruining it but they cannot see this thread unless they try to make it better. I'll post anything they correct here. In my opinion the school teachers are going to have a very hard time because what is wrong with it, is good.

shev
08-28-2007, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
Shev, I loved it!

That is the cutest story I ever read. I could not resist copying the text to an education forum where the school teachers just had a big debate over always using proper English grammar. I asked them to try editing the story without ruining it but they cannot see this thread unless they try to make it better. I'll post anything they correct here. In my opinion the school teachers are going to have a very hard time because what is wrong with it, is good.
thanks alot I'll be very happy when you post the grammatical form of the story here:)

Science101
08-28-2007, 10:50 AM
One of the educators is working on it for you. I am hopeful they will be able to do a good job. It will be posted here as soon as they are finished.

I am wondering, did you write that yourself?

shev
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
One of the educators is working on it for you. I am hopeful they will be able to do a good job. It will be posted here as soon as they are finished.

I am wondering, did you write that yourself?
No it is a true story not a created story. in the story I have forgot to write that the man said his wife ' I won't diturb anyone burry me in the garden' an then his wife asks him 'but who will wash you?' his real name is Muhammad Mimi died in 1592. people now know him as 'shoe maker dad' in turkish 'Nalıncı baba' his grave is in his garden in Istanbul , unkapanı opposite the harachzade moque. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.