/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse of Peter confirms Jesus (A.S) wasn't crucified!

Talha777
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Assalaamu alaikum:

In 1945, the Apocalypse of Peter was among other ancient manuscripts discovered in the Nag Hammadi library in Egypt. Scholars date the Apocalypse of Peter to the late 1st or 2nd century AD. What is interesting about this version of the gospel is that it confirms the Holy Quran's revelations about Jesus (alaihi salaam) being substituted on the cross:

That they said (in boast); We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not (4:157)

The Apocalypse of Peter confirms this revelation:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apopet.html

When he had said those things, I saw him seemingly being seized by them. And I said "What do I see, O Lord? That it is you yourself whom they take, and that you are grasping me? Or who is this one, glad and laughing on the tree? And is it another one whose feet and hands they are striking?"
The Savior said to me, "He whom you saw on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But this one into whose hands and feet they drive the nails is his fleshly part, which is the substitute being put to shame, the one who came into being in his likeness. But look at him and me."
But I, when I had looked, said "Lord, no one is looking at you. Let us flee this place."
But he said to me, "I have told you, 'Leave the blind alone!'. And you, see how they do not know what they are saying. For the son of their glory instead of my servant, they have put to shame." (Apocalypse of Peter)

What is astonishing about this is that obviously Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salaatu wa salaam) did not read this manuscript, but that it precisely confirms the Islamic belief that someone was made to appear like Jesus (Alaihi salaam) and was crucified instead of him. Thus we kill two birds with one stone 1) we provide historical evidence of at the very least early Christians believing the Messiah wasn't crucified and 2) we further strengthen our claim that the Holy Quran is the word of Allah instead of the word of man

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isambard
08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Apocalypse of Peter is a Gnostic text....and the group that used it lived near where Muhammed wouldve travelled...

Id say its stronger evidence that Muhammed ran with the idea when he wrote the Qur'an.

Malaikah
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
What do you mean by gnostic text?

Isambard
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
What do you mean by gnostic text?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic

They are an interesting bunch

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Walter
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi Talha777:

I am unaware of this translation of the Apocalypse of Peter. It certainly is nothing like the Apocalypse of Peter that I am familiar with. Be very careful with what you reference on the internet that has not been peer reviewed.

Regards,
Grenville

Isambard
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grenville
Hi Talha777:

I am unaware of this translation of the Apocalypse of Peter. It certainly is nothing like the Apocalypse of Peter that I am familiar with. Be very careful with what you reference on the internet that has not been peer reviewed.

Regards,
Grenville
He's referring to the Gnostic Apocalypse of Peter as opposed to the Apocalypse of Peter. They are two different texts and the GAoP does say Jesus didnt die...but the gnostic group also believed God to be an abortion of some greater deity lol

Grace Seeker
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Assalaamu alaikum:

In 1945, the Apocalypse of Peter was among other ancient manuscripts discovered in the Nag Hammadi library in Egypt. Scholars date the Apocalypse of Peter to the late 1st or 2nd century AD. What is interesting about this version of the gospel is that it confirms the Holy Quran's revelations about Jesus (alaihi salaam) being substituted on the cross:
In saying "it confirms", are you saying that you accept what it reports to be true as in fact being true? What if it were to say things that are in opposition to the teachings found in the Qur'an and Hadith, would you accept those statements as confirmatory of positions that are contrary to Isalm?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.