/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinns?

Intisar
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM
:salamext: I hope you're all in the best of health and imaan insha'allah. I'm very confused as to what Jinns are. If you could provide me with links or anything that would benefit in my understanding I would be more than grateful. Jazakallah khair in adavance. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sami Zaatari
08-27-2007, 02:12 AM
i will give you a 2 part article i wrote:

http://muslim-responses.com/the_Jinn/the_Jinn_

http://muslim-responses.com/the_Jinn_2/the_Jinn_2_

Intisar
08-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Barakallahu Feek yaa akhi, have a goodnight I'm going to read this before I head off to bed. Insha'allah I will be able to ask more questions about the Jinn, if I see fit tomorrow. :sl: :)

Woodrow
08-27-2007, 02:23 AM
:w:

The Qur'an itself is an excellent source of information about Jinn. Surah 72 (Jinn) is a good starting place. Other references in the Qur'an are:

6:100, 6:112, 6:128, 6:130, 7:179, 11:119 ,15:27 ,17:88 ,18:50 ,27:17 ,32:13 ,34:12, 34:14, 37:158, 41:25, 41:29, 46:18, 46:29, 51:56, 55:15, 55:33, 55:39, 55:56, 55:74, 114:6
- created of fire 15:27, 55:15
- created to worship God 51:56

- listened to the Prophet and returned to their people as warners 46:29

- will fill Hell 11:119, 32:13, 41:25

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
08-27-2007, 07:09 PM
:sl: Unfortunately I cannot touch the Quran but if anyone has any links that would of great service to me I would be more than grateful. :sunny:

Sami yaa akhi in your links it said that Jinns are like humans in that they can do bad and good and not all of them are devils and demons (Iblis). So, I was wondering, where do jinns live? I think I honestly saw two of them running in my house last night -- one in my closet and another in my hallway near the TV. I was so frightened. It said that they like to dwell in unclean places, maybe that explains why one was in my closet. :hmm:

Sami Zaatari
08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Unfortunately I cannot touch the Quran but if anyone has any links that would of great service to me I would be more than grateful. :sunny:

Sami yaa akhi in your links it said that Jinns are like humans in that they can do bad and good and not all of them are devils and demons (Iblis). So, I was wondering, where do jinns live? I think I honestly saw two of them running in my house last night -- one in my closet and another in my hallway near the TV. I was so frightened. Anyway, do they live with us? Or..do they live in paranormal Universe? I'm so confused. :hmm:
they live with us, in the same earth, etc, but we cant see them. they normally dont inhabit the same places as we do, they usually live in abandoned far away places, and dirty places. sometimes they may inhabit a house which is being used by humans but its rare.............

yup, jinns are like us in the sense that they do good and bad deeds, and have free will, so you will find good ones, and bad ones........

lol u sure what u saw was a jinn?

Isambard
08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Could always watch Alladin :D

Kittygyal
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
:sl:

Just use the search engine because this topic about 'Jinns' have been explained and dealt with for like er hundreds or even more or even less times.

Just search insha'Allaah :D

islamirama
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
As'salaamu alaikum,

Al-Malaa’ikah (Angels)

The jinn

The world of the Jinn

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask inshallah.

Woodrow
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*

Sami yaa akhi in your links it said that Jinns are like humans in that they can do bad and good and not all of them are devils and demons (Iblis). So, I was wondering, where do jinns live? I think I honestly saw two of them running in my house last night -- one in my closet and another in my hallway near the TV. I was so frightened. It said that they like to dwell in unclean places, maybe that explains why one was in my closet. :hmm:

Here is one of the best online Qur'an site. I was given the link by Bro. Qatada, it is outstanding.

http://quranicrealm.com/

Intisar
08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Here is one of the best online Qur'an site. I was given the link by Bro. Qatada, it is outstanding.

http://quranicrealm.com/
:sl: Barakallahu Feek bro that was more than beneficial. :D Jazakallah to the rest of you for the links as well, they were all more than beneficial.

~Juwairiyah~
08-29-2007, 07:16 AM
:sl: wr wb,

The life and dwelling places of the jinn

Question:
I have read your explanation on Jinn (Reference No: 2340 ).
Can you please explain further, such as Jinn’s Life style, Housing, Children, Family life, Prayers (i. e. is it like ours), Burial after death, is normal Haram and Halal things applicable?, Do they fight each other like human, Categories (i. e. like ours blacks, Europeans, this country that country etc), do they effected by natural things like Rain, Winds, Earthquakes etc...

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The jinn are part of the creation of Allaah, and they are His slaves who are accountable and subject to commands and prohibitions, just like human beings. There are believers, disbelievers and evildoers among them. Those of them who do good will enter Paradise and those who do evil will deserve to be punished. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

And Allaah says concerning the jinn (interpretation of the meaning):

“‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups having different ways (religious sects).’”

[al-Jinn 72:11]

“And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allaah, after listening to this Qur’aan), and of us some are Al‑Qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allaah), then such have sought the Right Path.

15. And as for the Qaasitoon (disbelievers who deviated from the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell”

[al-Jinn 72:14, 15]

With regard to their being accountable and subject to commands and prohibitions, the scholars are unanimously agreed that they are accountable. Some of the scholars suggested that the accountability to which they are subject is exactly the same as that to which human beings are subject, whilst others suggested that their accountability is in accordance with their abilities and capabilities. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

They are enjoined concerning basic matters and minor issues according to their nature; they are not like human beings in essence and reality, so the commands and prohibitions to which they are subject are not like those to which humans are subject, but they have in common with humans, the fact that they are subject commands and prohibitions, and rulings on what is permitted and what is forbidden. Concerning this I know of no dispute among the Muslims. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/233.

With regard to their lives and dwelling places, they are like all other creatures, they have their own lives, they get married and produce offspring. Allaah says of Iblees (Interpretation of the meaning):

“Will you then take him (Iblees) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you?”

[al-Kahf 15:50]

With regard to their dwellings, they often gather in ruins and unclean places like toilets and garbage dumps. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These toilets are haunted (inhabited by devils), so when anyone of you goes to the toilet let him say, ‘A’oodhu Billaahi min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (I seek refuge Allaah from the male and female devils).” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 6; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah, 1070.

With regard to the phrase al-khubthi wa’l-kabaa’ith (translated above as “male and female devils”), it has been suggested that al-khubth may mean evil and al-khabaa’ith may mean evil spirits, which includes both male and female devils.

There is no doubt that the jinn die, for they are included in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish”

[al-Rahmaan 55:26]

It should be noted that the world of the jinn is the world of the unseen, and we do not know anything about it except that which Allaah has told us in His Book or on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Based on this, we cannot say anything about them except that which has been narrated in the texts of Islam; anything other than that is hidden from us. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)”

[al-Isra’ 17:36]

For more information on this topic, see the book ‘Aalim al-Jinn wa’l-Shayateen by Dr ‘Umar Sulaymaan al-Ashqar.

[Translator’s note: this book is available in English under the title The World of the Jinn and Devils in the Light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, published as Vol. 3 of the Islamic Creed Series by the International Islamic Publishing House, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.]

It should be noted that Allaah has given us information about the jinn and other creatures for our benefit, and what He has concealed from us we do not need to know. If knowing that was essential for us, Allaah would have told us. Hence we should not concern ourselves with such matters or look into the mysteries of the jinn which can only be known through revelation.

What a person should ask about is his religion, its acts of worship and beliefs, what he should do, and other important matters which have been enjoined or forbidden, so that he can be a true slave of Allaah.

In the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we have a good example. They did not ask the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about such matters in which there is no benefit in knowing and no harm in not knowing.

I ask Allaah to bless us with beneficial knowledge and enable us to do righteous deeds.

Islam--Question & Answer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.