/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Sunday, February 2008, Imams Invited

Science101
08-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I received word that Imams are cordially invited to participate in "Evolution Sunday" or "Darwin Day", "Darwin Week", which is planned at each place of worship to be held on or near February 12, 2008, the birthday of Charles Darwin. If you are not familiar with this event, it has become a time of year when numerous religious leaders reaffirm that the theory of evolution (and sometimes science in general) is not a threat to religion. There is a tremendous amount of misinformation being spread about evolution and this time of year is for joining together to reconcile this science and religion. Many scientists have signed up to answer any questions religious leaders may have concerning evolutionary theory. More information can be found at the following link:

http://www.darwinday.org/

The invitation for Imams came from here.

http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/rel_evol_sun.htm

Email for more information: mzimmerm@butler.edu

I encourage all here to ask their Imam to inquire about this event. I'm sure that they will be surprised how much fun it can turn out to be, even if they are skeptical about evolutionary theory. Many good people will be thrilled to serve them.

With evolution theory now the backbone of many sciences, it's not going to go away. The theory is here to stay. Seeing how it works with religion will help us all.

P.S. Since the Refutations or the Science forum is the proper place to debate the controversy, I cannot discuss it here. This topic is a personal invitation to join an event that reaches new countries every year. Thank You.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Evolutionists are now calling people to disbelief!
They see it as a religion.
Richard Dawkins has the view that you luve in this world, because its the only one you get.

This is the very reason why the Prophet saws said the world is paradise for the disbelivers. They partake in all the pleasures of this garden with no hope for the next.

I have a cheeky way with athiests, talk past them like they dont exist. In fact, they dont exsit, or give them I dont know how to communicate with monkeys attitude. Watch them go Apes**t!

Im not sure if he read campaign or champaign? maybe he should try the bannana forum.

Science101
08-29-2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...utionists.html

Andaraawus
08-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Q: Does logic apply to monkeys? to call an athiest a monkey, would that be ad-hominem? To call his grandma a monkey, would that be cruel?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Michael
08-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Andaraawus,

Evolution is a religion. It's not science, because science is what is observable, testable and demonstrable. To say that all life on earth came from a primordial soup is just as much a religious belief than to say that God created life.

And I totally agree - evolution is being promoted as a religion. You don't see "Gravity Sunday" or "Einstein Day". Gravity and relativity are scientific facts. However evolution is a religion and it is promoted as a religion - with attempts to convert people to their way of thinking (believing in evolution). That's why there is "Evolution Sunday".

Science101
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
I am here claiming that science is finding out that clay CAN turn into a living being!
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...ur-finger.html

Andaraawus
08-29-2007, 06:25 PM
The thing i dont get is, why do atheists get so mad when they get called a disbeliever? A kafir? the word Kuffar sends the shivers down their spine. they feel offended, but why? I have the thought that deep down they believe theres a God who created the universe, but its like they dont have anybody to blame or or be angry at. I see it somewhat like the mardy teenager rebelling against the parents type relationship with God. Have these people ever sat on a hilltop and watched the sunset and stopped to think for a minute?

جوري
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
The thing i dont get is, why do atheists get so mad when they get called a disbeliever? A kafir? the word Kuffar sends the shivers down their spine. they feel offended, but why? I have the thought that deep down they believe theres a God who created the universe, but its like they dont have anybody to blame or or be angry at. I see it somewhat like the mardy teenager rebelling against the parents type relationship with God. Have these people ever sat on a hilltop and watched the sunset and stopped to think for a minute?
I wonder the same thing.. only for some reason to classify oneself as 'good' seems to them sufficient, over giving thanks for all the unconditioned amplitudes they naturally possess.. you know things like the simple ability to breathe while sleeping without having to command their pneumotactic or apneustic centers to do so or to even fully understand the physiology of the dorsal respiratory group for when a mal-function occurs... ingenuity that is incomparable and isn't even 0.00000000000000000000000000000001.. of the endues that happen on their own volition, faithfully and around the clock,in their own bodies, in the world around them and universally, yet to them there is still just no proof of God?...
A perfect assembly of cells, that go beyond purpose or fuction, to elaboration, organ systems, infused with aesthetics, so that none of the senses are deprived-- the most remote of which should allude to the existence of a universal and timeless engineer-- every field, take a peek, artistry, prowess, edification, incandescence, brilliance... yet all they do is scoff with with contempt and derision, and come up with the most god awful conclusions to explicate every phenomenon to something incongruous, preposterous and then get all defensive and resort to name calling (creationist) for when their conclusions are met with nothing but ridicule, as if to believe somehow lowers your value as a man!

Well frankly that is how I view atheists a level that is subhuman.. I believe that even animals fulfil their purpose.. while an atheist is here to gratify, indulge and make a travesty of anyone who doesn't subscribe their sterile life style!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.