/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lost soul.......

AnonymousPoster
08-27-2007, 05:04 PM
i have a issue that has been bothering me for some time now. It's been less than a year since i started wearing the hijab. The initial reason for wearing it was because all my friends were wearing it and i felt bad, and also this was the time i had lost someone very special to me, so i thought to keep myself from getting involved with someone else i should start wearing it.

But now i have a feeling that the reason i started wearing teh hijab was not even right in the firts place, and instead of changing me for the better i got involve in worse stuff after wearing the hijab and i still got involved with someone in some weird way. Sometimes it felt like i was better off without it, atleast i wasn't doing anything bad.

I really want to wear the hijab, but with the right reasons and i want to be able to follow all the resonsibilities that come with it, i dont want to do anything incomplete whilst wearing it. At the moment i still have my hijab on but i don't feel like wearing it anymore because i cant handle it anymore,
i feel like i'm not ready yet.

i really feel like i need to first know what i want before i wear it. I really don't know how to explain it, but i feel pretty lost, and i don't want to have such feelings towards the hijab.

hope to get some help, and please pray for me. JAzakallah khairun

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
08-27-2007, 08:13 PM
^ dua'ah??

INSHA'ALLAAH :)

soldierette
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
It's not because you're wearing hijab that you're involved in something worser than before, you should read up on why your supposed to wear it and then you'll understand and appreciate wearing it :)

islamirama
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
as'salaamu alaikum,

May Allah make things easy on you sis and guide and strengthen your emaan.

We will be rewarded for our intentions and our actions, but more so by our intentions. If you do salaah and you do it to impress others than you got the wrong intentions. If you do hijaab so others don't pass judgment on you then your intentions are to please them. Our intentions should be only to please Allah and not care about what others says. Our intentions can change as well, if you started wearing hijaab because of friends, you can change your intentions and keep it on to please Allah.

Ever wonder what is benefit of praying salaah 5 times a day? one of the benefits is that every time you stand before Allah, you start to wonder if you were good or bad. if you have sinned then you feel guilty standing before Allah cause you are sinning. So you can either stop the sins to stand with a clean heart or you can stop the salaah and not worrying about being guilty but continue the sin.

In the same token, i think you should keep the hijab on. You mentioned you have done some bad stuff while you have it on. There are many hijabis out there and actually give islam and other hijabis bad name by the way they act and unislamic stuff they do. When you put the hijab on, you offically become an ambassador to Islam and everyone learns Islam by watching you and your actions, not what you say. You should use this opportunity to make yourself strong inshallah, think that they will judge what Islam is based on how i act and so i should act more islamically, not so as to please them but rather not to give them any bad impression of Islam.

I think what you need is more information about the hijab. It's easier to make a decision when you know more about something. Hijab is a direct command from Allah to protect you and give you modesty. Hijab is more than just a covering, there's inner hijaab and outer hijaab. We have lot of hijabis with outer hijab but who totally lack inner hijab, the adaabs, manners and etiquettes.

Inshallah check it out :)

Requirements of an Islamic Hijaab
http://www.muslimahconnection.com/hi...irements.shtml

P.s.

hijab = full body covering
khimar = head scarf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Leaving one thing because of the other is a trap of the shaytan. He is telling you: Oh if you wear the hijab and still do this and this sin you will be a hypocrite. But that's just not true. Wearing it is an obligation so it's better to get at least that right and then work on the other thing as opposed to first working on all other sins and then starting to wear them. As for intentions, it doesn't matter what started it, what matters is your motivation now! I mean each morning you put the hijab on again right? That means that each morning you have a new intention! So don't think that because you put it on with a bad intention on the first day that all days following are therefor hypocrite to. And make lots of dua that Allah subhana wa ta'ala prevents him from spreading his poisenous reasoning in your ears inshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
lol sis it already sounds like you are wearing it for the right reason mashaAllah :)

SirDemonic
08-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Wear it proudly and for Allah not for yourself or anyone,

Yes you feel bad because you may or do bad stuff with it but we have to fight temptations, why don't you try wear it and try talk about it or with the other person,

If your just about to do a bad stuff think about why your wearing the hijab or the other person is using peer pressure on you, fight it with your will... etc....

You should not feel bad, wearing a hijab, it's the 1st step Well done!!! :D

:thumbs_up keep it up...

AnonymousPoster
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
JazakAllah you all for the sweet replies, some very nice advice. :sunny:

Just remember me in your prayers in the blessed month of ramadhan, and i pray that the month of ramadhan brings joy and happiness and success into to every muslims life. :sunny:

anonymous
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i have a issue that has been bothering me for some time now. It's been less than a year since i started wearing the hijab. The initial reason for wearing it was because all my friends were wearing it and i felt bad, and also this was the time i had lost someone very special to me, so i thought to keep myself from getting involved with someone else i should start wearing it.

But now i have a feeling that the reason i started wearing teh hijab was not even right in the firts place, and instead of changing me for the better i got involve in worse stuff after wearing the hijab and i still got involved with someone in some weird way. Sometimes it felt like i was better off without it, atleast i wasn't doing anything bad.

I really want to wear the hijab, but with the right reasons and i want to be able to follow all the resonsibilities that come with it, i dont want to do anything incomplete whilst wearing it. At the moment i still have my hijab on but i don't feel like wearing it anymore because i cant handle it anymore,
i feel like i'm not ready yet.

i really feel like i need to first know what i want before i wear it. I really don't know how to explain it, but i feel pretty lost, and i don't want to have such feelings towards the hijab.

hope to get some help, and please pray for me. JAzakallah khairun
:w::D
Yu sounds like alot of girls that i know...Personally tha hijaab like a shield :D Kinda like see it as a barrier that stops yu when you know you gun du sumfing wrong...You said you were involvd wit sum1? Well now that you wearing hijaab you know that your meant to be a role model fo utha muslimahs and the4 should refrain from duing sumfing silly.... Wear it as bruv Demonic said for yourself & not fo others...Hey its tha best i'v got :D Like i was soooo bad when i started wearing jilbaab so cant say much :X:enough!::omg::scared: buh alhamdilullah it shouldnt make a difference that you got a cloth wrapped around you :) Should feel protected...Ma advice 2 u would be just luk in2 tha meaning and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej dont take it off...Dont du sumfing your gonna regret, ish gonna b harder to put it back on
Peaceeeeeeee outtttttt x x x

AnonymousPoster
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
sallam everyone:thankyou:

I know this topic was not intended for me, but was directed to me some way:-[

Alhamdullilah you cleared up a lot for me.(just when I needed it the most)

I missed LI:laugh: i have not been in here for time.

jazakAllah khair:statisfie

chaste
08-31-2007, 10:56 PM
yes hijab is compulsory and must be one for Allah. i pray for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.