/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Islam say about the NAZCA Lines in Peru ?

guyabano
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Hello,

these lines fascinate me already since long time, and I wonder, how Islam explain that? Could it really be the work of Aliens?
I really like to hear your opinions, but please not the typical 'Allah knows best' or 'Creation of Allah' - Theories ! Thank you

Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
08-28-2007, 03:08 PM
There could be a number of possibilities for that.

- Some gov't ship or or laser satellite testing, with bored scientists playing around
-done by similar people like the pyramid builders; remember people of Ad (people of prophet Hud), they built such giant tombs like the world had never seen
-could be just jinns messing around for amusement or to baffle humans

trust me, if there were green little men then we'd be taken over by now considering how stupid and limited we humans are.

guyabano
08-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Now somebody a serious opinion ?

جوري
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
what is yours?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
a pair of monkeys may have done it while waiting to fully evolve and as always Allah Almighty knows best as to who or what did it.

Nazca Lines, Peru

Click here to view full image (1316 kb)

It takes a view from above to appreciate the giant designs the ancient Nazca people carved into the Peruvian desert. This view from the Ikonos satellite reveals a giant spiral, a spider, and perfectly straight lines that stretch for kilometers across the desert. The Nazca created these geoglyphs between 200 BCE and AD 600 by clearing away the dark red top soil and stone, leaving the pale underlying soil exposed. Since the plain where the lines are carved receives little rain or wind, the lines are still visible today.

This image, taken on January 15, 2001, shows two glyphs and several lines. Near the top of the image, a spiral is nestled at the foot of the mountains. Below it is a spider, with its pincers facing the left edge of the image.

Since the lines are difficult to see from the ground, the artists may never have seen their work from this perspective. So why did the Nazca go to the trouble of scribbling over the desert? No one knows, but many theories have been proposed. The figures could be depicting constellations or deities with straight lines forming sacred roads between them. They could be marking the location of an underground water source in the high desert where water would have been precious, or they could be figures from an agricultural calendar. To read more, see Nazca Lines on the Discovery Channel web site.

Image copyright Space Imaging

Latest Images

View Images Index

Forest Fires in Algeria

Smoke Spreading from Greece to Africa

Petermann Glacier, Greenland

guyabano
08-30-2007, 06:23 AM
I think more, it was a bunch of trolling idiots without names who don't know how to kill their time, so they spend their time here to post stupid comments.

guyabano
08-30-2007, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
what is yours?
They were made by the Nazca people, who flourished between 200 BCE and 600 CE along rivers and streams that flow from the Andes. The desert itself runs for over 1,400 miles along the Pacific Ocean. The area of the Nazca art is called the Pampa Colorada (Red Plain). It is 24km wide and runs some 59 km parallel to the Andes and the sea. Dark red surface stones and soil have been cleared away, exposing the lighter-colored subsoil, creating the "lines". There is no sand in this desert. From the air, the "lines" include not only lines and geometric shapes, but also depictions of animals and plants in stylized forms. Some of the forms, including images of humans, grace the steep hillsides at the edge of the desert.

The alien theory is proposed mainly because some people find it difficult to believe that a race of "primitive Indians" could have had the intelligence to conceive of such a project, much less the technology to bring the concept to fruition. The evidence points elsewhere, however. The Aztecs, the Toltecs, the Inca, the Maya, etc., are proof enough that the Nazca did not need extraterrestrial help to create their art gallery in the desert.

Of course I do beleive in the theory, that Nazca Civilization created this and it shows me (as so often) that there is no God needed to perfom such huge sculptures.

zarhad
08-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I once watched a program about guys who put wodden planks on there feet to not break the wheat or grass and make "crop circles" through the night after a well planned night before...for many years people thought aliens created there work untill one day they came forward and showed them how they could do them, how they chose the patterns and how they structured it...so i mean alot of things may seem abnormal but there is always a logical reason behind it not aliens

zarhad
08-30-2007, 07:11 AM
but also alot of times there have been beautiful un explained things that i personally believe could have only been an act of Allah you can find the amazing pics on the web of if your lucky enough to see one in person

guyabano
08-30-2007, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
I once watched a program about guys who put wodden planks on there feet to not break the wheat or grass and make "crop circles" through the night after a well planned night before...for many years people thought aliens created there work untill one day they came forward and showed them how they could do them, how they chose the patterns and how they structured it...so i mean alot of things may seem abnormal but there is always a logical reason behind it not aliens
But on other side to prove, these circles are fakes, it must be possible, that all parts of shape are accessible, or by a person, or by a trekker. But many shapes show perfect circles and there are no visible signs around these circles that humans may have accessed them.
How can you explain this? A Helicopter would be too noisy.

zarhad
08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
i know what you mean but these guys would make perfect circles walking on planks using thin string, pin pointing the center and going around, they showed how they did it, i was amazed so i nkow its possible keep in mind these were mathimatical genuises who were bored...ill see if i can find something on the program so you can watch it

north_malaysian
08-30-2007, 08:13 AM
It's done by the Nazcan themselves... or by Aliens.....:muddlehea

NoName55
08-30-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I think more, it was a bunch of trolling idiots without names who don't know how to kill their time, so they spend their time here to post stupid comments.
there was me thinking that descendants of monkeys did not take me (created by Allah) on directly, instead they enlisted the help of likes of abdul fattah

guyabano
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Don't bother to reply anymore, as I put you back to 'IGNORE THIS USER'. I just saw your post by concidence as I cleaned up my 'troll'- list. Some have been banned meanwhile ;D

NoName55
08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I know, one of those banned for sake of a lying kafir like you was my son as was I, and I got restored by a forum crash

Isambard
08-31-2007, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I know, one of those banned for sake of a lying kafir like you was my son as was I, and I got restored by a forum crash
Perhaps if you didnt use such language then you wouldnt be banned no?

Anyways, i dont see why Islam would have to say anything about said lines as they can be produced by humans.

(Will post link when I get home)

Keltoi
08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
I believe what is astounding about the Nazca lines is the image they create when viewing them from an aircraft. I don't think any religion can explain the reasoning for it.

Isambard
09-01-2007, 03:55 AM
(Sorry for taking so long)

"The alien theory is proposed mainly because some people find it difficult to believe that a race of "primitive Indians" could have had the intelligence to conceive of such a project, much less the technology to bring the concept to fruition. The evidence points elsewhere, however. The Aztecs, the Toltecs, the Inca, the Maya, etc., are proof enough that the Nazca did not need extraterrestrial help to create their art gallery in the desert.

In any case, one does not need a very sophisticated technology to create large figures, geometrical shapes, and straight lines, as has been shown by the creators of so-called crop circles. The Nazca probably used grids for their giant geoglyphs, as their weavers did for their elaborate designs and patterns. The most difficult part of the project would have been moving all the stones and earth to reveal the lighter subsoil. There really is nothing mysterious about how the Nazca created their lines and figures.

Some think it is mysterious that the figures have remained intact for so many hundreds of years. However, the geology of the area solves that mystery.

Stones (not sand) comprise the desert surface. Rusted by humidity, their darkened color increases heat absorption. The resulting cushion of warm surface air acts as a buffer against the wind; while minerals in the soil help to solidify the stones. On the "desert pavement" thus created in this dry, rainless environment, erosion is practically nil - making for remarkable preservation of the markings (http://www.travelvantage.com/per_nazc.html; this site is now defunct)."

http://www.skepdic.com/nazca.html

And for the 'light' version, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_l...and_techniques

Kinda meh if you think about it. The political and architectual designs of the incans and mayans, there's something to marvel at :D

NoName55
09-01-2007, 03:59 AM
I prefer NASA version better >> http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post819242

wa salam

alcurad
09-01-2007, 05:10 AM
strange what people think islam had an answer to enormous geometric shapes etc drawn by an ancient people.
perhaps it would be better to focus on the message the religion has rather than explanations for abve mentioned figures? might aswell ask if we have something about atlantis-too cliched to work, but u get the idea-

جوري
09-01-2007, 06:01 AM
^^^ agreed.. I believe the ancient people were very talented.. but that is simply a separate field all together.. like home economics or gardening.. I don't see what religion has to do with it short of simple common sense?.. for instance share of your garden, don't waste water, or be neighborly toward your neighbors when you have made a nice warm crusty apple pie....

you need to visit the museums of the world to just have a glimpse at the sheer genius of the 'primitive folks of old' I have always been entranced by the hanging gardens of semiramis ( modern day Iraq) though they no longer exist.. but what a great feat in engineering ... or the clock that marked the hours by dropping bronze balls into a bowl, as mechanical knights — one for each hour — emerged from little doors which shut behind them. . which was given by Harun al-Rashid (Aaron the Upright ) to Charlemagne

I always thought people back then were very imaginative and pioneers. now it seems everything is so readily available it sort of did away with people's imagination... we have gained some great things but lost a sense of wonder, surprise and ingenuity..

sevgi
09-01-2007, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
^^^ agreed.. I believe the ancient people were very talented.. but that is simply a separate field all together.. like home economics or gardening.. I don't see what religion has to do with it short of simple common sense?.. for instance share of your garden, don't waste water, or be neighborly toward your neighbors when you have made a nice warm crusty apple pie....

you need to visit the museums of the world to just have a glimpse at the sheer genius of the 'primitive folks of old' I have always been entranced by the hanging gardens of semiramis ( modern day Iraq) though they no longer exist.. but what a great feat in engineering ... or the clock that marked the hours by dropping bronze balls into a bowl, as mechanical knights — one for each hour — emerged from little doors which shut behind them. . which was given by Harun al-Rashid (Aaron the Upright ) to Charlemagne

I always thought people back then were very imaginative and pioneers. now it seems everything is so readily available it sort of did away with people's imagination... we have gained some great things but lost a sense of wonder, surprise and ingenuity..
yes...i agree with you wholly...

besides..if we were to come up with something like the above, it would not be regarded as a presentation of imagination and beauty....

it would rather be compared to the contemporary art of today...ie, a bowl of lemons...an umbrella hanging upside down...a shoe with only half the laces weived thru...

imagination is really underestimated these days...i am a large fan of contemporary art...but...compared to harun ar-rashid...etc..its nothing...

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Of course I do beleive in the theory, that Nazca Civilization created this and it shows me (as so often) that there is no God needed to perfom such huge sculptures.
no need for god to create sculptures?

we need wisdom to do that sculptures,then where did humanity take his wisdom? or who gave wisdom to human?

allah is needed even for breathing...if allah didnt gave the breathing system to us,what would happen then? do not forget men are wise but not enough to create even a wing of a fly,bee

guyabano
09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Ok, if I accept the fact, it has been done by humans, the crucial question would be: Why would they create something like that? These sculptures can only bee seen out from space. When you stand on the ground, you cannot see anything.
So what was the aim of these people to do that? Pure boredom ?

I can understand the pyramids, I can understand the temples, chinese wall, as they have a purpose, but the nazca lines?

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok, if I accept the fact, it has been done by humans, the crucial question would be: Why would they create something like that? These sculptures can only bee seen out from space. When you stand on the ground, you cannot see anything.

I can understand the pyramids, I can understand the temples, chinese wall, as they have a purpose, but the nazca lines?
perhaps nazca lines has a purpose that hasnt been solved by science..

sevgi
09-02-2007, 04:01 AM

the sheer acomplishment of building something larger than life...

perhaps a gift to the god/s above...

perhaps the ability to combine architecture and astronomy...

its unknown..a mystery...

ranma1/2
09-02-2007, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
the sheer acomplishment of building something larger than life...

perhaps a gift to the god/s above...

perhaps the ability to combine architecture and astronomy...

its unknown..a mystery...
i always like that cowboy bebop episode where a satellite remakes the lines on earth again....

sevgi
09-02-2007, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
i always like that cowboy bebop episode where a satellite remakes the lines on earth again....
maybe we can ask FSM about the NAZCA lines...:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.