/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting more then 30 days in Ramadhan

Rafeeq
08-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Dear Friends :sl:

I am working in UAE and want to go back to spend Eid in Pakistan.

As here moon is seen normally two days before it appears in Pakistan. I need to know with proper justifications and referance that:

If I go back to Pakistan on 28th Ramadhan and find 26th day of Ramadhan there. And moon doesn't appear on 29th day (hence I already completed my 30 days of Sawm). Should I need to fast on 31st day, or I will not.
Please include proper justification and referance in your reply.

Thanks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I knew there was a difference of 1 day sometimes but I didn't realize it could even be two days apart. I don't think there's anyone on this board who will be able to answer your question. You'd better ask a scholar inshaAllah.

Maarya
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
edit

IbnAbdulHakim
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
this is fiqh n a half, bro ask a scholar :uuh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
08-29-2007, 02:03 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

The reply to your question in brief is: your state should be similar to that of the [Muslim] inhabitants of where you are. So, if they were still observing fasting then you should observe fasting with them even if that means you would be fasting for more than 30 days [the max. number of days, normally observed in the month of Ramadaan]. This is the opinion of Shaikh Abdul-Azeez Ibn Baaz

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1160&ln=eng&txt=fasting%20more%20tha n%2030%20days

Rafeeq
08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
edit
what does it mean sis?:confused:

Rafeeq
08-31-2007, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

The reply to your question in brief is: your state should be similar to that of the [Muslim] inhabitants of where you are. So, if they were still observing fasting then you should observe fasting with them even if that means you would be fasting for more than 30 days [the max. number of days, normally observed in the month of Ramadaan]. This is the opinion of Shaikh Abdul-Azeez Ibn Baaz

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=116...an%2030%20days
Thanks bro. I was also thinking, it would be more appropriate answer. Which is now confirmed by an scholer opinion.
Masalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.