/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gul is the new President of Turkiye,,,finally!

abdil han
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
salam all,
finally,in the 3rd leg of elections,Abdullah Gul has been elected as the new President Of Turkiye,,,he got 339 votes of 550 members of the parliament...

and i think tht he s gonna be a good president,,inshaAllah...

wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KAding
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Excellent. I think he will be a good president.

*babk*
08-29-2007, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdil han
salam all,
finally,in the 3rd leg of elections,Abdullah Gul has been elected as the new President Of Turkiye,,,he got 337 votes of 550 members of the parliament...

wassalam
There is a small mistake: he got 339 vote not 337
And I hope he will be a good president, he deserves this...

yigiter187
08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
v love gul...enemy of islams started crying in turkey...:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Always this G.W. Bush-Attitude: 'If you are not my friend, you're my enemy. There's also a third party in Tureky, the ones, who say 'I don't care as long as he's a good president'

Here is a quote of Gul

"As long as I am in office, I will embrace all our citizens without any bias,".
Source

So why again this 'enemy'-attitude ???

KAding
08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
To me he seems an excellent choice. He is liked by orthodox Muslims and he embraces the West and Europe. It only proves that being a Muslim doesn't automatically make you anti-Western.

Amadeus85
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Secular Turkey was opressive for the majority of its people- muslims. So now , new president, ex-islamist (or not ex) should improve this situation.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
when all the disbelievers consider him to be a good president it makes me worried :( mainly because it makes me think he will govern by the secular standards...

islamirama
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Always this G.W. Bush-Attitude: 'If you are not my friend, you're my enemy. There's also a third party in Tureky, the ones, who say 'I don't care as long as he's a good president'

Here is a quote of Gul

Source

So why again this 'enemy'-attitude ???
It's not the anti-bush attitude, it's the anti-religious secular extremists attitude. The secular extremist army has ousted 4 presidents and toppled democratically elected gov'ts by the people for fear of being under thread of loosing their secularism. They threatened him twice already about taking over if he goes islamic on their a$$. All this becuase he is proud to be Muslim and his wife wears the headscarf which is a commandment by God in the Quran and yet banned by the secular extremists in a 99.9% muslim nation. These morons also forget that while they lay in their filth of hate, it was Gul who made most progress in establishing diplomatic relationships with Europe and pulled turkey into modern age with all the reforms and what not.

Md Mashud
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Secularists are in the wrong - if you see the reasons for their ways, its all selfish and greed, much like how the western world works. Im not targetting individuals - but when you actually understand the Economics of the Western world (infact, most of the world, because none really do follow the Islamic way) it is just a disgrace, yet people blindly believe they have this so called freedom, when they truly are being controlled without noticing :).

nocturne
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
They are making a big deal that he is a muslim...

All over the western world,lncluding here in Singapore, its plastered over the paper that "ISLAMIST become leader of Turkey"..double standards.

Al-Zaara
08-29-2007, 02:24 PM
salam all,
finally,in the 3rd leg of elections,Abdullah Gul has been elected as the new President Of Turkiye,,,he got 337 votes of 550 members of the parliament...

wassalam
InshaAllah... I really hope so too. :)

MashaAllah, he seems quite nice.

MTAFFI
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
As long as the people of Turkey are happy with him and he does a good job with his position, who cares what religion he is and who cares how his wife chooses to dress

Cognescenti
08-29-2007, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Secularists are in the wrong - if you see the reasons for their ways, its all selfish and greed, much like how the western world works. Im not targetting individuals - but when you actually understand the Economics of the Western world (infact, most of the world, because none really do follow the Islamic way) it is just a disgrace, yet people blindly believe they have this so called freedom, when they truly are being controlled without noticing :).
Huh? "Economics of the Western world"? What the heck does that mean? Do you mean unrestricted Capitalism (like the old Hong Kong or to a lesser extent the US) or Communism (like Cuba)?

Is Islam an economic model too?

Every description of Gul I have heard is that he is a "reformed" or "former" Islamist.

One does have to ask why, without oil, Turkey, has one of the best economies of the Muslim world.

Can you say Ataturk?

MTAFFI
08-29-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
One does have to ask why, without oil, Turkey, has one of the best economies of the Muslim world.

Can you say Ataturk?
I can "ATATURK" "ATATURK"

there are you happy? :lol:

NobleMuslimUK
08-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I think majority of turkish muslims have adopted to a secular mix of lifestyle with Islam ignoring the clashes. I dont think they will be shedding their secular ways anytime soon.

جوري
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
I think majority of turkish muslims have adopted to a secular mix of lifestyle with Islam ignoring the clashes. I dont think they will be shedding their secular ways anytime soon.
Turkey will be re-opened to Islam with two words insha'Allah!

:w:

snakelegs
08-30-2007, 12:02 AM
i think this is good news for turkey. it could become a model.
the people that are all freaked out that he may be a bit too muslimmy-yummy for their taste needn't worry. i'm pretty sure if the gov't got too islam-friendly, the military would step in.

syilla
08-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Please tell me more about his character and his view on secularism.

And his plan for the country.

north_malaysian
08-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Whether he's a secular or not.. I hope he will lift the ban on hijab at public places..

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Whether he's a secular or not.. I hope he will lift the ban on hijab at public places..
yes dont worry bro..that ban will be end in one year...enemy of islams in turkey should find another country that they can feed themselves there..:D

guyabano
08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yigiter187
yes dont worry bro..that ban will be end in one year...enemy of islams in turkey should find another country that they can feed themselves there..:D
if not, will you leave the country? ;D

I will check it, end of one year...

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
if not, will you leave the country? ;D

I will check it, end of one year...
why should ı leave? ı work for this country....here there many christians,jews,agnostics,ı respect them all..but "enemy of islam" means :there are people ın turkey who are "officially" muslim but ın deed they do utmost effort to fall down islamic movemnts,to stop islam here...got it?:rollseyes

guyabano
08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
why should ı leave? ı work for this country....here there many christians,jews,agnostics,ı respect them all..but "enemy of islam" means :there are people ın turkey who are "officially" muslim but ın deed they do utmost effort to fall down islamic movemnts,to stop islam here...got it?:rollseyes
might be that you have honest intentions, but if there is something I learned in this forum is, that if you are not an muslim, you are automatically evil, unbeliever, disbeliever, infidels, enemies of Islam...etc pp... Some think so much binary, just beeing able to make difference beteween light and dark, that they cannot consider a third group which says 'Honestly, I don't care, as long as peace reigns'

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
u dont know turkey properly...enemies of islam do anything they can ,to prevent islam..via mass media,by provoking army...ı respect christains jews,infidels but ıf they challlange my religion,if they attack my religion,they become "enemy of islam"" ok?

guyabano
08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
u dont know turkey properly...enemies of islam do anything they can ,to prevent islam..via mass media,by provoking army...ı respect christains jews,infidels but ıf they challlange my religion,if they attack my religion,they become "enemy of islam"" ok?
So that means, we can peacefully eat an Kebab together, if I come there? :D

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
So that means, we can peacefully eat an Kebab together, if I come there? :D
of course v can...ı will pay the bill,wont let u pay it..:shade:

Amadeus85
08-30-2007, 10:40 AM
It would be natural in muslim majority country.

abdil han
08-30-2007, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Please tell me more about his character and his view on secularism.

And his plan for the country.
salam sister,
i can say that he will not try to settle an islamic system(i mean the government) be coz its not that easy to make it in Turkiye,many people got used to this secular democracy,,,
Gül is a practising,traditional,turkmen origin person,he grew up in a conservative family in the inner side of country,he looks like that he is a good muslim,trying to make everybody happy,,not lying,n enough calm...

but i can say that they will try(Gül n government) to make hijab free n some changes in educational system,,,
and they will keep working to be a member of EU,but the point is they know that Turkiye will keep its powerfull,fast-increasing economy n this will help them to challenge with EU...

i hope i could help you...
wassalam

Haidar_Abbas
08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
:sl:

Haidar_Abbas
08-30-2007, 06:20 PM
today Istanbul..tomorrow the ummah inshaAllah :D :sl:

yigiter187
08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
what happened to istanbul bro..?

Zman
08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
salam all,
finally,in the 3rd leg of elections,Abdullah Gul has been elected as the new President Of Turkiye,,,he got 339 votes of 550 members of the parliament...

wassalam

Congratulations to him & Turkey :thumbs_up

Amadeus85
08-31-2007, 11:30 AM
I read in newspaper that the new elected president allowed serving alcohol in his electing party. It was a gesture of good will to the supporters of secular republic.

yigiter187
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I read in newspaper that the new elected president allowed serving alcohol in his electing party. It was a gesture of good will to the supporters of secular republic.
ı dont think so..
if he hadnt allowed serving alcohol,whole country would be speaking about his secularism....there would be a chaos..turks dont know what is secularism really..

Cognescenti
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
That is an interesting point. What would happen if Turkey were admitted to the EU and a European host country served wine or champagne at a reception for diplomats?

sevgi
08-31-2007, 03:03 PM
ı dont think so..
if he hadnt allowed serving alcohol,whole country would be speaking about his secularism....there would be a chaos..turks dont know what is secularism really..
i guess so bro yigiter...ur rite...but..it could be a strategic move....but i dno...

which newspaper bro? post the article...

sevgi
08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
That is an interesting point. What would happen if Turkey were admitted to the EU and a European host country served wine or champagne at a reception for diplomats?
im sure they would serve other beverages on the side,,,theyre not that narrow...i mean...one of the diplomats could be going thru rehab...

:D

Cognescenti
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
im sure they would serve other beverages on the side,,,theyre not that narrow...i mean...one of the diplomats could be going thru rehab...

:D
:D Yes, they could certainly serve some iced tea (if Mitt Romney weren't there).

My question was really could an observant Muslim even attend the reception?

sevgi
08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
:D Yes, they could certainly serve some iced tea (if Mitt Romney weren't there).

My question was really could an observant Muslim even attend the reception?
by 'observant' i take that u mean 'practicing'...well..this topic is debated quite a bit. i know that in islam you should not enter an envirnment which hosts intoxicated peoples or alcoholic beverages...however..if the situation is vital and you must attent..keeping to the observation that you not consume any alcohol...im pretty sure one would be fine...

such is the case with the 'observant' diplomats at the eu functions...

hope that answers your question...

peace.

SATalha
08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
by 'observant' i take that u mean 'practicing'...well..this topic is debated quite a bit. i know that in islam you should not enter an envirnment which hosts intoxicated peoples or alcoholic beverages...however..if the situation is vital and you must attent..keeping to the observation that you not consume any alcohol...im pretty sure one would be fine...

such is the case with the 'observant' diplomats at the eu functions...

hope that answers your question...

peace.
I agree with you, i think in these cases when you need to attend then its ok, but Allah (SWT) knows best. I watched the military ceromony Yesterday.....boy was it tense. I wish i could listen to the generals thoughts.:D

yigiter187
08-31-2007, 09:02 PM
u r speaking as if u r a so-called seculars in turkey..:) ı mean little idea of litle man..

sevgi
09-01-2007, 05:00 AM
salam sister,
i can say that he will not try to settle an islamic system(i mean the government) be coz its not that easy to make it in Turkiye,many people got used to this secular democracy,,,
Gül is a practising,traditional,turkmen origin person,he grew up in a conservative family in the inner side of country,he looks like that he is a good muslim,trying to make everybody happy,,not lying,n enough calm...

but i can say that they will try(Gül n government) to make hijab free n some changes in educational system,,,
and they will keep working to be a member of EU,but the point is they know that Turkiye will keep its powerfull,fast-increasing economy n this will help them to challenge with EU...

i hope i could help you...
wassalam
well said kardes...

i would just like to add that with Gul as president, the AK party will be able to keep going from where they had left...they will keep adding to the positives they had begun last democartic season. there is no need for a new party to begin from scratch...

do that means that it can only be uphill for turkey from here...

the progression will hopefully be shadowed in the EU...whether it is a good thing or bad thing...thats debated...i personally believe that Turkey entering the EU is a good thing..and i have stated why many times on this forum and will not repeat them unless i am asked.

that is all...
peace.

KAding
09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
So much hostility. That does not bode well for social peace in Turkey.

Using words like "enemy" seems to imply the need for drastic action to eradicate them. Judging from recent 'secularist' demonstrations in Turkey, the feeling appears to be mutual.

KAding
09-01-2007, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
Gul as the new Caliph! Good plan. I'd support him! :D

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Gul as the new Caliph! Good plan. I'd support him! :D
u misunderstood the term "enemy of islam" although ı explained it...look..u r an athesit,ı will respect u whether u believe or not,whether u believe this or taht god,but if u attack my religion,ıf u do utmost effort to stop islamic acts,if u swear my religion ,u become "enemy of islam"...got it ?
peace

north_malaysian
09-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Gül is a practising,traditional,turkmen origin person
He's a Turkmen as those in Turkmenistan?

north_malaysian
09-03-2007, 02:46 AM
"Errmm... could I have a bottle of mineral water please... preferably Perrier.":D

snakelegs
09-03-2007, 03:18 AM
"Errmm... could I have a bottle of mineral water please... preferably Perrier.":D
;D too simple! ;D

north_malaysian
09-03-2007, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
;D too simple! ;D
and saved costs......:thumbs_up

"Okay.. the Muslims are coming ... so cancel one box of champagne and replace it with mineral water."

"and yeah... they cant eat our food.. so just serve them salads."

abdil han
09-03-2007, 05:48 AM
He's a Turkmen as those in Turkmenistan?
salam bro,
it depends...
our origin (i mean turkiye turks) is central asia and we call there as ''turkistan'', but we moved to anatolia about a thousand year ago ,so almost every turk has a central asian root in here,and the ottomans are from oguz turks who used to live in turkmenistan's lands now,,
so turkmens n turkiye turks have the same root,now we have little different looking from them but this is just becoz of the land we ve been living for 1000 years,,,,

i hope u got it:)

syilla
09-03-2007, 06:10 AM
and saved costs......:thumbs_up

"Okay.. the Muslims are coming ... so cancel one box of champagne and replace it with mineral water."

"and yeah... they cant eat our food.. so just serve them salads."
and healthier too...

why not the leaders show good examples to the people.

KAding
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
u misunderstood the term "enemy of islam" although ı explained it...look..u r an athesit,ı will respect u whether u believe or not,whether u believe this or taht god,but if u attack my religion,ıf u do utmost effort to stop islamic acts,if u swear my religion ,u become "enemy of islam"...got it ?
peace
Yes, I think I got it. Thats why I posted in the first placed. It is sad that there are such major divisions in Turkish society, where half of the country appears to consider the other half 'the enemy'. This is unlike for example my country, where political divisions are much less profound. The divisions in Turkey appear very fundamental, about the order of the state and the constitution (Islamic vs secular state). In contrast in other European countries there is generally consensus about this.

I just hope Turkish institutions are strong enough to prevent serious conflict when there are deep cleavages.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.