/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taraweeh: Who's leading in your local mosque?

Salaam
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum, I just wanted to know whos going to lead the Taraweeh in your local mosque, any famous or well known reciters? So please post the name of the mosque (plus location) and who's leading. So if i have the chance i will visit your local mosque, insha'Allah

heres the reciters whos coming to my local mosque:
East London Mosque & London Muslim Centre

Yahya Hawa http://youtube.com/watch?v=VMHOZ7L84iE
Ahmed Amir (Egypt) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zevV3nwXQ
Abu Tayeb (Local) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYksqUvverU
Muhammed ??? (his a local Somalian reciter)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
^ Hmm, I doubt Yahya Hawwa is going to come...he never made it last year, unfortunately.

And ermm...Shaykh Ahmad Sa'ad from Egypt is gone to Finsbury Park Mosque I hear...so I guess no him this year.

Salaam
08-29-2007, 11:54 PM
insha'allah yahya hawa should be coming, i got a bit of inside info. And last year i think he was doing it in another mosque.

jzcasejz
08-30-2007, 01:10 AM
^ Sounds good Bro! :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
08-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Wow alot of people we have reguraly 3 but last year the 3rd one stopped before half way of the quran and then the 2 had to maintain it they are young reciters so their is a elder behind them and when they make a mistake he corrects thom but don't know the name but the person who corrects teaches in a chillawack islamy school i have a card here i will tell the details

but i cannot find it so if i do i will post it here
inshAllah

Qurratul Ayn
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
:salamext:

Well, hardly any famous recitors come into our town to lead Taraweeh, but My Brother Masha'Allaah Ta'ala lead prayers last year and Insha'Allaah Ta'ala will lead again this year with othe Imams' and Moulanas', make Dua' as he is only 15 years old and he was 14 last year when he led along with other young Hafiz's as well.

Although they may not be famous recitors reciting during Taraweeh , the |madrasah holds conferences, big ones, every year and at those quite well-known Moulanas and Sheikhs come to talk and lead Zuhr prayers.

:salamext:

Ummu Sufyaan
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
:sl:
yeah no, no famous recitors come to my town. i wish sh shuraim could just drop by (anytime of the year of course), not during ramadan, I think everyone would want him at masjid ul-haraam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.