/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help my Non-Muslim friend to find the truth about Islam

Kittygyal
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
:sl:

Need some help please, i have loads and loads of Non-Muslims bluds and one of my close friend asked me few questions, but i can't seem to get the exact saying that i want. Im struggling to explain to him :uhwhat

Here are few questions i can remember on top of me head he asked me:

1) whats the importance of Islam?

2) Why do some muslim womens wear the scarf but not all women do?

3) Was the Qura'an changed in your opinion?, if not then how do you know? (I helped him alot with this question but he doesn't seem to understand what im saying :hiding: )

4) why do muslims men have to keep a beard but yet some don't?

^ Thats all i can remember, I tried telling him to visit this site but he refused to because he doesn't belive in these sites :mad:

Hope someone can elaborate more and help me and this dude.

He wants to know more about Islam.

Remember he is a christain.

thanx in advance. May Allaah Subhanawat'Allaah reward yo all (Amin)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

Need some help please,
:w:

ok sis , InshaAllah i will ans later . But if he does not visit the forum , how he will know about the ans ? It will difficult for u to explain so many things.

so , pl try to convince him to come here .

take care , sis . It's really wonderful to see u around now a days :)

:D:D:D

Kittygyal
08-29-2007, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

ok sis , InshaAllah i will ans later . But if he does not visit the forum , how he will know about the ans ? It will difficult for u to explain so many things.

so , pl try to convince him to come here .

take care , sis . It's really wonderful to see u around now a days :)

:D:D:D
Im going to have to print them out and then show him or read from it. It would be possible if people can help me with some proof or something. Im worse at helping people imsad

He won't come on this site im sowiee sis im persuade him enough times but he's neglecting my offer which is ashame

Anywho thanx sis

Muslim Woman
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM

1) whats the importance of Islam?

The Religion in the sight of God is Islam."

(Qur'an 3:19)

In another verse of the Holy Qur'an, Allah states:

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost."(Qur'an 3:85)

http://www.islamworld.net

Tell him to read or listen to Quran .

2) Why do some muslim womens wear the scarf but not all women do?[/quote]

some fear God & obey His commands. Some are not practising Muslims ..so don't follow all the commands of Allah.

some have misconception . They are brainwashed by the media propaganda that hijab is oppresstion etc.

Unfortunately , we don't read Quran with understanding & get wrong info from media. Also , many parents don't teach kids about Islma properly.

3) Was the Qura'an changed in your opinion?, if not then how do you know? (I helped him alot with this question but he doesn't seem to understand what im saying :hiding: )[/quote]

Quran is memorised by many since it revealed to the last Prophet (p).

Tell ur friend to go to any Islamic school...talk to any Qurani hafiz ( who memorised the whole Quran).

He will understand that it's not possible for any one to change Quran as there were/are always many Hafizz . Even any ordinary Muslims know several verses as it's a must to recite from Quran in daily prayers.

How it's possible to change Quran when it has been preserved in hearts of millions Muslims ?

Moreover , God promised that He will protect it :)

4) why do muslims men have to keep a beard but yet some don't?[/quote]

Holy Prophet Muhammed (p) had beard . So , Muslim men are encouraged to keep it . There is no verse in Quran that says it's a must . So , many think it's not compulsory & they don't have beard. But as Prophet is our role model , it's better if men have beard.

I m in a hurry . InshaAllah will more if necessary. Do u want to give him free CD on Islam. here is a link to collect it.

http://islamtomorrow.com/donate

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
09-01-2007, 01:23 AM

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

(May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Im worse at helping people imsad

ooooh sis , u r trying hard to give dawah to non Muslims....Allah will judge ur intention ...not the success rate .

So , cheer up :D InshaAllah , ur efforts will be accepted & rewarded :happy:

some good links & related info

The Amazing Quran

Part 1

Gary Miller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-x-j19CZ4

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxuB5PexvVQ

The Amazing Quran Movie! (Part 03) -

Falsification Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y_hh...elated&search=

Discover Islam - The Fastest Growing Religion in the World !

Learn about The Real Islam !

Correct your information about Islam,
The Misunderstood Religion

http://www.sultan.org

Reasons of Becoming a Muslim 1

did not hear...hope will be good :sunny:

http://132.205.15.79/audio.eng/a/rea...a_muslim_a.mp3

The Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago, mentioned facts only recently discovered or proven by scientists.

This proves without doubt that the Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him to the Prophet Muhammad (p)

, and that the Quran was not authored by Muhammad (p)

or by any other human being.

This also proves that Muhammad (p)

is truly a prophet sent by God.

It is beyond reason that anyone fourteen hundred years ago would have known these facts discovered or proven only recently with advanced equipment and sophisticated scientific methods.

Some examples follow.

Next: The Quran on Human Embryonic Development

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch2-1.htm

Muslim Woman
09-01-2007, 01:53 AM
:sl:salaam/peace

about veil

A common misconception is that Muslim women are the only ones who cover their hair.

It may be true that Islam is the only religion in which most women follow its directives to cover the hair, but it is not the only religion to have such directives.

It is particularly interesting to look at the case of Christianity, since Christianity is the predominant religion in the West, and it is Westerners, including observant Christians, who are often the first to criticize Islam because of the hijab (modest dress, including headcovering).

Is Covering the Hair a Religious Commandment for Christian Women?
There can be only one answer to this: yes, it is! Simply open the Bible to the First Epistle to the Corinthians, chapter 11. Read verses 3-10.

...........But every woman praying or prophesying with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is the same as if she were shaven. For if a woman is not covered, let her be shaven.
http://www.muhajabah.com/christianveil.htm

Isambard
09-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Muslim Woman, you want to read the "reasoning" behind women covering their hair in Corinthians....

No honestly...its pretty dumb >.<

Anyways, I have a random question concerning the hijab, if the woman is bald, would she still be required to wear the scarf?

sevgi
09-01-2007, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Muslim Woman, you want to read the "reasoning" behind women covering their hair in Corinthians....

No honestly...its pretty dumb >.<

Anyways, I have a random question concerning the hijab, if the woman is bald, would she still be required to wear the scarf?
the purpose of the hijab is not to cover ever strand of hair visible on the body,,,

it is to cover the beauty and adornments of women...hair is interpreted as being an adornment...so we cover it...besides that, the quran states that women need to cover their 'bosoms'and it says that the veil should drrop from the shoulders etc......so a women in islam is obliged to cover their adorments-including hair..over theirs shoulders and bossoms...

if she is bald...then she has no hair to cover...baldness is surely not an adornment...HOWEVER...

islam is about solidity...it is obliging in islam to wear the hijab...

one cannot say..my hair is ugly...im not gna wear it...or im bald im not gna wear it...or by bosoms arent appealing im not gna wear it....that menas that it will fall into a matter of perspective...

maybe to some..baldness is a beauty that needs to be covered...

hope that answers ur question...

peace.

Isambard
09-01-2007, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
the purpose of the hijab is not to cover ever strand of hair visible on the body,,,

it is to cover the beauty and adornments of women...hair is interpreted as being an adornment...so we cover it...besides that, the quran states that women need to cover their 'bosoms'and it says that the veil should drrop from the shoulders etc......so a women in islam is obliged to cover their adorments-including hair..over theirs shoulders and bossoms...

if she is bald...then she has no hair to cover...baldness is surely not an adornment...HOWEVER...

islam is about solidity...it is obliging in islam to wear the hijab...

one cannot say..my hair is ugly...im not gna wear it...or im bald im not gna wear it...or by bosoms arent appealing im not gna wear it....that menas that it will fall into a matter of perspective...

maybe to some..baldness is a beauty that needs to be covered...

hope that answers ur question...

peace.
Err maybe...:hiding: lol

(If I understand correctly) If its a matter of perspective, then a bald woman should wear the scarf because there are some who find baldness attractive. But what about folks who find scarfs attractive?

sevgi
09-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Err maybe...:hiding: lol

(If I understand correctly) If its a matter of perspective, then a bald woman should wear the scarf because there are some who find baldness attractive. But what about folks who find scarfs attractive?
what i meant was...it cant be left to perspective...women need to wear it regardless of how ugly they are...

folk finding the scarf attractive...

well the the answer lies in the question really...

the woman is doing her bit at least...so she is free from the responsibility of making the dude atracted to her...he is the one not doing his bit...

sevgi
09-01-2007, 04:52 AM
what i meant was...it cant be left to perspective...women need to wear it regardless of how ugly they are...

folk finding the scarf attractive...

well the the answer lies in the question really...

the woman is doing her bit at least...so she is free from the responsibility of making the dude atracted to her...he is the one not doing his bit...
did that make sense...? or did i lose u there?

NoName55
09-01-2007, 04:58 AM
the purpose of the hijab is not to cover every strand of hair visible on the body,,,
I wonder which book of Islam, this ruling is found in or derived from?

sevgi
09-01-2007, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I wonder which book of Islam, this ruling is found in or derived from?
the quran doesnt mention the term head hair..that is an interpretation...find me an ayah like that mate..

i was being sarcastic...'every hair on the body'--gross exaggeration...'

the quran is not a religion which makes life hard for women...it doesnt tell us to cover our eyebrows and eyelashes and in some women finger furs...

go pat urself on the back...or better still...go pat urself on the nose hairs...:rolleyes:

Isambard
09-01-2007, 05:05 AM
did that make sense...? or did i lose u there?
heh, just feeling a bit tired. I have further questions, but I think its best I go to bed for now.

Good night :)

NoName55
09-01-2007, 05:39 AM
the quran doesnt mention the term head hair..that is an interpretation...find me an ayah like that mate..

i was being sarcastic...'every hair on the body'--gross exaggeration...'

the quran is not a religion which makes life hard for women...it doesnt tell us to cover our eyebrows and eyelashes and in some women finger furs...

go pat urself on the back...or better still...go pat urself on the nose hairs...:rolleyes:
flipancy seems to be your middle name.

after you brought yourself to my attention by repping me, Until that time I did not even know that you existed.I read some of your posts and I just got carried away after receiving abuse from you in private rep in support of kafir trolls and I made the above post.

after making the above post I had forgotten about you again but you keep on persisting on raising the dead so here I am risen and will read more and shall ask questions and proofs for any false claims made therein.

But with my luck you will turn out to be a friend or relative of one of the staff :(

sevgi
09-01-2007, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
flipancy seems to be your middle name.

after you brought yourself to my attention by repping me, Until that time I did not even know that you existed.I read some of your posts and I just got carried away after receiving abuse from you in private rep in support of kafir trolls and I made the above post.

after making the above post I had forgotten about you again but you keep on persisting on raising the dead so here I am risen and will read more and shall ask questions and proofs for any false claims made therein.

But with my luck you will turn out to be a friend or relative of one of the staff :(
i asked u to find an ayah showing that hair is mentioned in the quran...i make no false claims.you shall see that...my friend--the atheist---was quite content with my answer...if you can answer him in a better way, go for it...thats what forums are for.

besides that...my rep stated that not YOU YOURSELF...but what u said was disgusting....u went on to call me disgusting...and u called me a kuffar...all i had done was simply state what islam and the quran says and expects from us as muslims.

u know quite clearly that what u said in that post about the 'kuffar' was not islam like..or muslim like....you also recieved my re-rep...you know what my stance and thoughts are...you know im not attacking u...but if u wanna take it that way, go for it...enjoy yourself...

in all my disgusting kuffar trollness i bid u peace.

btw,,,,your off topic

Muslim Woman
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Salaam/peace;

I read that chapter ...if there is more , u may explain

if the woman is bald, would she still be required to wear the scarf?

i think , if for sickness ..a woman is bold , she would start wearing headscarf to cover her baldness.

Anyway , under Islamic rules....ummm...not sure ...may be yes as the sis pointed out that a woman needs to cover head , neck , shoulder etc .

In Islam , little girls & old women don't have to use veil.

But what about folks who find scarfs attractive?

hmmmm.... the purpose of veil is to cover beauty ...not to expose . So , i think , women must be careful ....not to use very attractive scarf as veil.

Veil can be used as dawah material. A woman in hijab sends the message of God to others.

Kittygyal
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Salam,Hi.

People relax please?

Okay, im going to have to print what sister Muslim.Woman has provided me with and im going right naw to check them links Insha'Allaah.
I have called my friend today for Tea so i will sort eveyrhting out along with my other muslim friend to help me, As i get confused at times if im alone so i ahve called my Non-Muslim friend and one of my muslim friend to help me and help the dude out, Hence to find a good understanding of Islam and know the aspects of Islam and NOT call Islam/Muslims Terrorists.

IF anyone wants this thread going then feel free to take over it, As i have seen 'Isambard' got more questions so feel free to use k? :D

So thanxs everyone for yo help exspecially sis Muslim.Woman. May Allaah Subhanwat'Allaah lead yo to the highest place Janah Amin.

Please do dua'ah everyone for the Ummah.

Wish me gud luck, coz im not the good at explaining :exhausted

:peace:

Muslim Woman
09-01-2007, 03:48 PM
:sl:Salaam/peace

... As i get confused at times if im alone so i ahve called my Non-Muslim friend and one of my muslim friend to help me and help the dude out,:exhausted

:peace:
sis , Allah is with u :) :):)

u may watch the video...ask ur friend why people in the west are accepting Islam despite the hostile anti Islam propaganda

I did not see video....looks interesting.

Germany Convert To ISLAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93S54tbBlI

u will find some interesting stories here :)

Famous Revert Muslims

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.php?topic=441.0

Chaplain Yusuf Estes

http://www.famousmuslims.com/Yusuf&#37;20Estes.htm

verses we all need for this life & the hereafter

"Nay! You prefer the life of this world; While the hereafter is better and more lasting."

[Holy Quran: 87:16-17]

"You are the best community (Ummah) raised up for (the benefit of) humanity; enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah."

[Holy Quran: 3:110]

Muslim Woman
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Islamic Renaissance in the West:

:D :smile:

An Interview with Murad Hoffman*

"I can see that because I'm standing with one leg in the orient and with the other one in the Occident that's why I understand both worlds sufficiently well to explain them to each other, so often when I'm in the Muslim world I explain to them the west and in the west I explain Islam".

This is how Murad Hoffman the famous Muslim German thinker reflects his unique situation, being exposed to different knowledge and experiences.

Murad Wilfried Hoffman was Germany’s ambassador to Algeria and Morocco between 1987-94 and was earlier Director of Information for NATO at Brussels.

He embraced Islam in 1980

http://www.islamonline.net/English/artculture/2004/01/article07.shtml

Muslim Woman
09-02-2007, 03:35 AM

useful links

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM)

THE PROPHET OF ISLAM

A lecture by Ahmed Deedat

http://www.jamaat.net/muhinbible/muhinbible.html

Muhammed (pbuh) in Various Scriptures

By Zakir Naik
http://www.livevideo.com/video/NewMi...rious-scr.aspx

Christian - Muslim Dialogue

by H. M. Baagil, M.D.

http://www.cambridgemuslims.info/Islam/CMD.htm

The Prophet Like unto Moses

God addressed Moses: Deuteronomy 18:18:

"I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee [Moses], and will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
1. Brethren of Israelites (descendants of Abraham through Isaac) are Ishmaelites (descendants of Abraham through Ishmael).

Jesus is here excluded, as he is an Israelite.

Otherwise it should be written "a prophet from among yourselves."

2. Is Muhammad not like unto Moses? If this is not accepted, this promise has yet to be fulfilled. The table below, taken from Al-lttihad (January-March 1982), page 41, is self explanatory:

Following is a comparison between a few crucial characteristics of Moses,

Muhammad, and Jesus which may clarify the identity of "that prophet" who was to come after Moses:

Area of Comparison

Moses Muhammad Jesus

Birth: Usual Usual Unusual

Family Life: Married, children Married,children

Single, No children

Death: Usual Usual Unusual

Career: Prophet/Statesman
Prophet/Statesman

Prophet

Forced Emigration (in adulthood):

To Median To Madinah None

Encounter with Enemies:

Hot pursuit
Hot pursuit/Battles

No similar encounter

Results of Encounter:

Moral/Physical victory
Moral/Physical victory
Moral victory

Writing down of Revelation:

In his lifetime (Torah)
In his lifetime (Qur'an)
After him

Nature of Teachings:

Spintual/Legal
Spintual/Legal
Mainly spintual

Acceptance of his Leadership (by his people)
Rejected, then accepted

Rejected, then accepted

Rejected (by most Israelites

Art Thou That Prophet?

The Jews sent priests and Levites to John the Baptist to ask who he really was. John 1:20-21:

"And he [John the Baptist] confessed and denied not; but confessed,

'I am not the Christ.'

And they asked him: 'What then? Art thou Elias? '

And he saith: 'I am not.' 'Art thou that prophet?'

And he answered: 'No."'

The crucial question here is:

Art thou that prophet?

Who was the long awaited prophet who was to come after the advent of Jesus and John the Baptist?

Was he not the one like unto Moses (Deuteronomy 18:18) who is Muhammad?

http://www.cambridgemuslims.info/Islam/CMD.htm#The Prophet Like unto Moses

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.