/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vote on BBC : Should the veil be banned in schools??

Makky
08-30-2007, 03:35 AM
:w:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6466221.stm

jazakum Allah khyran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
:sl:

I've voted
Its currently 76% no :)

Ebtisweetsam
08-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I voted, and so should everyone, to make the point that of course the veil should not be banned!

*~Sofia~*
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Salams,

Ive voted too, obviously NO. Jazakhallah for the link bro

w'salam
x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown_JJ
08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salams,

Ive voted too, obviously NO. Jazakhallah for the link bro

w'salam
x
YESH ME 2 :D

SirDemonic
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I voted no :D

you don't have to wear a veil it does not state in the qu'ran or hadith :D

Ebtisweetsam
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirDemonic

Yeah but i think its the point that anyone should have the right to practise their religion without someone else butting in. Its like telling a jew to take off that little hat they wear, or a hindu man to cut his hair cos its too long... its no one's business.:peace:

SirDemonic
08-30-2007, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Yeah but i think its the point that anyone should have the right to practise their religion without someone else butting in. Its like telling a jew to take off that little hat they wear, or a hindu man to cut his hair cos its too long... its no one's business.:peace:
Don't get me wrong am not against veil or anything just want to know whats the difference from a woman wearing a veil practice Islam? and whats wrong wear a hijab just covering from head to toe not your face, They can practice Islam by wearing a hijab right? It is called hijab right? :statisfie

Ebtisweetsam
08-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Don't get me wrong am not against veil or anything just want to know whats the difference from a woman wearing a veil practice Islam? and whats wrong wear a hijab just covering from head to toe not your face, They can practice Islam by wearing a hijab right? It is called hijab right? :statisfie
It is actually up to the individual female; if she believes the niqab (face covering) is fard because the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) wives wore it, then she should wear it and if she believes it is sunnah- because ONLY the Prophet's (PBUH) wives were asked to wear it (so no other men can marry them), then it is sunnah. That is the interpretation i received from a religious Muslim teacher.

H4RUN
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM

The incident in pakistan red mosque...yada yada...the men were wearin a veil, and u couldnt know who it was....

For your kids safety...Just have a think:D
You wouldnt want no perv/pedo or anyone else, coming into where your lil ones are, without anyone knowing:D

Just a thought, as this is for schools, and lil kids at mind..

Pk_#2
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM

SirDemonic
08-30-2007, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
It is actually up to the individual female; if she believes the niqab (face covering) is fard because the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) wives wore it, then she should wear it and if she believes it is sunnah- because ONLY the Prophet's (PBUH) wives were asked to wear it (so no other men can marry them), then it is sunnah. That is the interpretation i received from a religious Muslim teacher.
aright... thats all i wanted to know Thanks :)
give me something to write about or talk about with my sister in law she wears so i'll go wind her up like it's not allowed etc... :D

H4RUN
08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh and by the way..
This was done earlier on this year, april/march time..
Dont know if there is any point in you voting now:)

Ebtisweetsam
08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
give me something to write about or talk about with my sister in law she wears so i'll go wind her up like it's not allowed etc... :D
Hey thats cruel! :giggling: Dont say u heard it from me:hiding:

guyabano
08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

I've voted
Its currently 76% no :)
Sure, but when you look a little bit lower on BBC Webpage, you can find a different poll:

Survey finds support for veil ban

and this one says 51.90% that the veil should be completely banned

Ebtisweetsam
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
and this one says 51.90% that the veil should be completely banned
Well they can go jump, that'll never happen!

SirDemonic
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah that was extreme a woman wearing a full veil front of kids in school lmao i found that funny :D but too extreme.....

Makky
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM

NOTE :there is a disagreement between scholars about that , but we should know that all the prophet wives were wearing niqab

Periwinkle18
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I voted NO.Thanks for the link bro

wilberhum
08-30-2007, 04:47 PM
77% no

miqu
08-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I Vote No

But teacher shouldn't wear full faced veiled i think.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.