/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Male pregnency

Showkat
08-30-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.7cgen.com/index.php?showtopic=14645&st=0

Is this possible? And is it a good thing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
08-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Hmmm, I saw this in movies and stuff...but whoa. That's :omg:.

Kittygyal
08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
:sl:

HA!

FOR SOME REASON THAT IS CRACKING ME UP LOOOOOL

THATS JOKES DUDE

unknown_JJ
08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
eww

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-30-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
eww
:D Be a lil more enthusiastic,

Groooooceee urghh yukk ewwwyyy diiiiiiiiisGUS ting! blaaaaaaaaaagh :coolious: +o(

Woodrow
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Showkat
http://www.7cgen.com/index.php?showtopic=14645&st=0

Is this possible? And is it a good thing?
Biologicaly it is possible. If it is practical and can actually be done is a different matter.

If I am not mistaken the man himself did not become pregnant.

From the link:

IMPLANTATION
IVF techniques were used to induce an ectopic pregnancy by implanting an embryo and placenta into the abdominal cavity, just under or into the peritoneum (the surrounding lining). There is a severe risk of massive hemorrhage when the ectopic ruptures; this is also the most common cause of women dying in pregnancy.
This means a living growing fetus was surgiaclly placed inside him. In my personal view if the fetus does not survive now, this is at best manslaughter and maybe even murder. If the fetus does grow into a baby and survive. the man still is not the mother, the man is simply the host the fetus grew in.

What a horrible dumb experiment.

------
08-30-2007, 03:21 PM
:salamext:

As someone said in the forum, the baby is going to grow up n think:

What would that child be saying when he/she grows up, My mothers a male.
:-\

ahsan28
08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Are males allowed to comment?

------
08-30-2007, 03:23 PM
:salamext:

YES bhai, lol.

Idris
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
:eek: what? :eek:

Trumble
08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
What a horrible dumb experiment.
That sums it up very nicely, I think!

There is just no point to this; it's hardly as if there will be any shortage of women to get pregnant anytime soon. I just wonder how on earth they got funding for this research - surely there is an infinity of more worthwhile projects to throw money at it?

SATalha
08-30-2007, 03:33 PM
What a bunch of Malarkii, I mean there is a limit to scientific experimentation and this crosses it :muddlehea.

ahsan28
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Appears to be a conspiracy against males. Sitting for 9 months at home and not going for work, even the slightest idea gives me shivers :cry:

Woodrow
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Are males allowed to comment?
:w:

If we can't, I'm in big trouble

united
08-30-2007, 10:33 PM
slightly off topic but i loved Junior
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110216/
im not so sure now tho +o(
i mean what is the point of it all?

Salaam
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Allah did not create males to give birth, like he created females to give birth, so i think a male will die after giving birth (If thats was possible, after the Will of Allah)

Nabooly
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Allah did not create males to give birth, like he created females to give birth, so i think a male will die after giving birth (If thats was possible, after the Will of Allah)
Well said, i was just about to say that :)

wilberhum
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I have been told that when men and women start taking turns giving birth, the largest number of children will be three.
A woman has the first.
A man has the second.
A woman has the third.
Now that it's the mans turn, the family size is just right.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2007, 04:03 AM
a little off topic, but did you guys know that it is the male seahorse that gives birth. interesting huh??

ahsan28
08-31-2007, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
but did you guys know that it is the male seahorse that gives birth. interesting huh??
Do women seriously think regarding change of responsibility? I mean, do they favour this concept, keeping in view our nature and roles assigned to the men?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2007, 05:07 AM
i didn't even mean that.i just posted it 'cos i thought it was interesting.

ahsan28
08-31-2007, 05:19 AM
No, no sis u probably misunderstood, just wanted to generate discussion :D

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2007, 06:08 AM
sorry, i get what you mean now.

Science101
08-31-2007, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
a little off topic, but did you guys know that it is the male seahorse that gives birth. interesting huh??
Excellent point! But of course, I still have no clue why a guy would go through all this trouble just to have a baby.

S_87
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM

it not possible, its down right stupid, which male would even be able to cope?
these things arent for wimps.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
lol^^

Karina
08-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Appears to be a conspiracy against males. Sitting for 9 months at home and not going for work, even the slightest idea gives me shivers :cry:
Hmm. Because this is what all pregnant women do?

Heheh. You're kidding right?

:mmokay:

ahsan28
08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Im serious :D

Karina
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Im serious :D
:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Umu 'Isa
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
subhan Allaah! This is sick!

Allaah didn't create men to have babies for a reason! :offended:

pathfinder
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
now that is the most disastrous news ever to be heard (i.e. for a man...a real one.)...and how could that guy go ahead and impregnate himself? ...

This is so wrong, what's going to be the difference between a man and a woman in another century? ...none? ...that is so sadd....if man=woman...where's the fun in that? ... we'll all be the same...Earth will be one boring, dull planet...

what kind of man would even think of getting pregnant? ... i can puke just thinking of it...

tssss...anyways who cares...i'll be dead by another century...at least i hope so!!!

Muslim Knight
08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Great. People are dying of hunger in Africa and we want to make men mothers and women workers. Same goes for cloning babies. Sometimes I wonder who's really the smart ones here, the scientists or the toads living off flies in my town's drainage. At least toads do better job thinking about where to get extra food.

Talk about useless scientific experiments. Sometimes I can imagine how the daily dialogue goes for these scientists with nothing better to do.

Scientist A: Hurrmm... I'm dead bored. Let's make men pregnant
Scientist B: I have better idea! Let's make plants grow food more productively, this way we can feed poor hungry people in Africa.
Scientist A: Screw those Africans! If they are poor and hungry let them be. We got better things to do than feed stinking people in loincloths!

Karina
08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Great. People are dying of hunger in Africa and we want to make men mothers and women workers. Same goes for cloning babies. Sometimes I wonder who's really the smart ones here, the scientists or the toads living off flies in my town's drainage. At least toads do better job thinking about where to get extra food.

Talk about useless scientific experiments. Sometimes I can imagine how the daily dialogue goes for these scientists with nothing better to do.

Scientist A: Hurrmm... I'm dead bored. Let's make men pregnant
Scientist B: I have better idea! Let's make plants grow food more productively, this way we can feed poor hungry people in Africa.
Scientist A: Screw those Africans! If they are poor and hungry let them be. We got better things to do than feed stinking people in loincloths!
Well said!

I'm always skeptical about man's meddlings with nature. Sometimes it's scary what we're going to end up doing to ourselves.....

:cry:

Umu 'Isa
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
oh apparently it is fake! http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/malepreg.asp

Alhamdulillah!!

sarah85
08-31-2007, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah

Alhamdulillah!!
How could it have been real. For a man to get pregnant he would have to physically and biologically be like a woman. Its not enough just to impregnate himself, his whole system is wrong!

Woodrow
08-31-2007, 01:19 PM

Something that the article words in such a manner that it is difficult for those without scientific knowledge to understand.

1. The man is not pregnant. The pregnancy took place out side of his body and the fetus is the product of a man and woman.

2. The man was surgically altered to be a living incubator. He is basically an organic artificial environment for a transplanted developing fetus.

3. The unborn child does have a mother the man is not the mother, nor a combination mother/father

4. The only way this can work is if the man is the biological father of the fetus. Who the mother is and how the pregnancy took place is a different issue. The baby does have a biological Mother and a biological Father.

5. This is not a pregnancy, it is the father taking care of his baby as the mother is not present to care for it.

I said earlier that this is a horrible stupid experiment. But, after reading more and reflecting on this I can see a situation where this could be of benefit. True a rare situation, but maybe it is for such a situation Allah(swt) is allowing mankind this knowledge.

Scenarios:

A woman is pregnant and carrying her husband's first child. She is killed in an accident. It is found that her unborn fetus is still alive and healthy. The fetus is insufficiently developed to survive in a mechanical incubator. This technique could be used to place the fetus in the body of the biological father and allowed to develop. This will be safer and much lower cost than the mechanical incubator and life support systems currently being used to try to save undeveloped babies.

Another scenerio a woman is pregnant, shortly into the pregnancy she contracts a disease. The situation is the only way to save her life is abort the pregnancy. Using this technique the pregnancy could be aborted and the father could save the life of the fetus. saving the life of both the mother and the child.

If this is successful, I can see a very powerful morality issue develop in the Western countries that support abortion on demand. Now the problem is this opens the door for a woman to have an abortion. But, not necessitating the killing of the fetus.

This could open the door for the father of an unborn fetus to become responsible for the life of his unborn child. Might cause some men to think twice if in the event of his being the father of an unwanted pregnancy. He just might become legally responsible for being the living incubator to keep the baby alive.

sarah85
08-31-2007, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Something that the article words in such a manner that it is difficult for those without scientific knowledge to understand.

1. The man is not pregnant. The pregnancy took place out side of his body and the fetus is the product of a man and woman.

2. The man was surgically altered to be a living incubator. He is basically an organic artificial environment for a transplanted developing fetus.

3. The unborn child does have a mother the man is not the mother, nor a combination mother/father

4. The only way this can work is if the man is the biological father of the fetus. Who the mother is and how the pregnancy took place is a different issue. The baby does have a biological Mother and a biological Father.

5. This is not a pregnancy, it is the father taking care of his baby as the mother is not present to care for it.

I said earlier that this is a horrible stupid experiment. But, after reading more and reflecting on this I can see a situation where this could be of benefit. True a rare situation, but maybe it is for such a situation Allah(swt) is allowing mankind this knowledge.

Scenarios:

A woman is pregnant and carrying her husband's first child. She is killed in an accident. It is found that her unborn fetus is still alive and healthy. The fetus is insufficiently developed to survive in a mechanical incubator. This technique could be used to place the fetus in the body of the biological father and allowed to develop. This will be safer and much lower cost than the mechanical incubator and life support systems currently being used to try to save undeveloped babies.

Another scenerio a woman is pregnant, shortly into the pregnancy she contracts a disease. The situation is the only way to save her life is abort the pregnancy. Using this technique the pregnancy could be aborted and the father could save the life of the fetus. saving the life of both the mother and the child.

If this is successful, I can see a very powerful morality issue develop in the Western countries that support abortion on demand. Now the problem is this opens the door for a woman to have an abortion. But, not necessitating the killing of the fetus.

This could open the door for the father of an unborn fetus to become responsible for the life of his unborn child. Might cause some men to think twice if in the event of his being the father of an unwanted pregnancy. He just might become legally responsible for being the living incubator to keep the baby alive.
how can the fetus develop in the body of the biological father....a mans body is not designed to carry a baby. It would be totally unnatural and im wondering what the islamic fatwa would be on this. I see the good points of what ur saying but in these kinds of experiments i see more harm then good especially since they will not only be used to save the life of a fetus

AhlaamBella
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
i aint even going to click on that link lol

Woodrow
08-31-2007, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah

Alhamdulillah!!

I am so slow at typing you managed to get that sometime during the 30 minutes it took me to write my long winded encyclopedia.

I could have saved myself a lot of finger cramps, if I had waited.

You are correct, it is a fake. Very widely spread. I fell for it and thought it was true.

Although this topic is now a moot point. This does appear to be a topic of interest. I suspect it is just a matter of time before somebody does try it.

Some good points were brought up and it is giving some food for thought.

Muezzin
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Fake or not, do my eyes deceive me? Is this actually a thread where just about every single participant is in agreement?

I think the world is coming to an end. Seriously. Seas boiling, fire and brimstone falling from the sky, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

InToTheRain
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
LOL this thread should be in the Halal fun section because the whole concept make me laugh ;D. For real the Film alien can give one an understanding as to what can happen if we were to take it seriously :uuh: Maybe it's less painful then the other way out :X ;D

chaste
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
it's just going against nature!! and what do the scientists think that their 'god'? no one can out smart Allah our Creator!

ahsan28
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
LOL this thread should be in the Halal fun section because the whole concept make me laugh ;D.
I agree, see what people think, if such horrible fantasy ever comes true

1. Maternity leave would last two years... with full pay.

2. Men wouldn't think twins were so cute :D

3. Paternity suits would be a fashion line of clothes.

4. Men would stay in bed during the entire pregnancy.

5. Restaurants would include ice cream and pickles as main entree's :D

6. All methods of birth control would be 100% effective.

7. Briefcases would be used as diaper bags :D

8. Children would be kept in the hospital until toilet trained.

9. Women would rule the world :rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.