/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Suicide!!

_PakistaN_
08-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Salaam.. i havea friend of mine who is 6'3 tall and he says he's had enough of his height. he told me he is gonna take one whole year to make up for his missed prayers and fasts. (hes 17) and then he said hes gonna commit suicide.. i trying telling him not to.. anyways the question is that will his prayers and fasts actually count because hes scared of allah and wants to make up for all of his sins b4 he dies

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
08-31-2007, 07:12 AM
6' 3" ?! That's tall, but not abnormally so. As a reason for suicide it's ludicrous, whatever your religious belief. I can't speak as a muslim of course, but how on earth can prayers and fasts make up for sins if the last thing you do before meeting God is commit a far bigger sin?

Science101
08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
I hope they get over feeling this way. That is a good height to be, especially for a guy.

Since they are talking about it that might be a good sign. But tell them that they have too much to live for. Things that bother us while growing up go away when we get older. If they are still young then they will soon feel much better about the way they are. I wish them the best of luck and success.

Pk_#2
08-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Tell him/her to try being short for a day :o$

I hope he changes his mind, all the best :( imsad!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
6' 3" ?! That's tall, but not abnormally so. As a reason for suicide it's ludicrous, whatever your religious belief. I can't speak as a muslim of course, but how on earth can prayers and fasts make up for sins if the last thing you do before meeting God is commit a far bigger sin?
Agreed, well said.

Imam Tahawi(RA) says in his Book "Creed of Islam":

56. One's Final deed determines the acceptance or rejection of his actions.

http://www.alghazzali.org/resources/...eedahNotes.pdf

jzcasejz
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Salaam.. i havea friend of mine who is 6'3 tall and he says he's had enough of his height. he told me he is gonna take one whole year to make up for his missed prayers and fasts. (hes 17) and then he said hes gonna commit suicide.. i trying telling him not to.. anyways the question is that will his prayers and fasts actually count because hes scared of allah and wants to make up for all of his sins b4 he dies
Wa'alaykum Salaam.

Bro if that was the case, then what's stopping all those Muslims that are under oppression from making up prayers and fast and then commiting suicide? The answer's simple: It's not allowed and is not acceptable in Islaam.

He's scared of Allaah (SWT) and wants to make up for his sins right? Then he should know that Allaah (SWT) is pleased to accept the repentance of one of His slaves since He is the The Merciful. Suicide on the other hand is not the Islaamic solution for making up past sins; if anything, it will only earn you the Wrath of Allaah (SWT).

Tell him not to lose hope and Allaah knows best.

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree with some of these comments, commiting suicide or self harming on purpose it a huge sin!!! It would be pointless to pray etc before dying because you are going against islam. I can see that he is afraid and wants to make up for his sins. If he believes in Allah and praying then he should understand suicide is a grave sin. Allah is the creator and we should be happy the way we are and should be thankfull.

I will pray for him and hope that he does not go in that path

chaste
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
6'3"? So what? it's tall but hes not a giant? my brothers 6'1" my uncle's 6'3". why would he want to commit suicide? because of his height? i will pray for him.

_PakistaN_
09-03-2007, 11:29 PM
well the question is that he wants to commit suicide rite now even.. but he dont want both of his life to be hell though. so he planned that in one year hes gonna make up for his fasts and prayers and then die..so the question is will it count b4 he dies?? like will Allah accept his prayers with him having the attention that hes gonna die in like one year

fromgenesis
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I can only comment from personal experience. I was in a bad state for a long time and did not only consider it, but attempted it. Without success !! You must realise that that was a bit of a low point in my life - not having success in comitting suicide! What a loser!!

To this day, I cannot say why I did what happens next, but here goes: I sat down in the sun on the bedroom floor and started talking to God. Told him that I do not see my way clear to continue. I was worthless. Then, without thinking about it, just started naming each one of my sins by name (every one that I could think of) and asked forgiveness in the name of Jesus (who died for my sins). It was not a mechanical exercise but a deep realisation of my sins before God. That is the first step to reconcilliation with God. When I got up, depression was gone, and it felt (really) as if a ton of bricks have been lifted. This is now about 6 or 7 years ago, and no further problems.

Soon after this experience, I got diagnosed with cancer. That has been one of the most blessed times of my life !! It was no ordeal as I could not lose. If I died, I will be with Jesus, If I lived, well that would be really nice as well. Still have to go for check-ups every year, but so far - so good!!

To say my life has been easy since then, would be a lie. My financial status is much worse. But I do what I can and trust God.

I would not suggest that your friend must follow step 1, sit down. Step 2 etc. God brings us tp places in our lives that He wants us. What is happening to him, is not mere chance or bad luck. All is in the hands of God - He is almighty. Some of us are real stupid and He has to speak loud!!

He wants to heal us, but we must not think that by our human endeavour, we will achieve anything. It is by grace that we are saved and sins forgiven. It is a great opportunity, but he may still reject it.

No telling him good stories or "It will be OK" is going to work on the long term. God will cure him/her in His good time. It may be immediate, it may take time - but trust God and in Jesus' blood that was spent for all. Jesus invites him/her:
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
:sl:
tell him to listen to this really good lecture about repentance.
its post no. 14. to the following thread.
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...houghts-3.html
sorry, i dont know how too transfer it to here.

fromgenesis
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Just to add. Give him/her all the support you can. That will help as well. We all need encouragement from time to time.
Telling you about wanting to committ suicide is a cry for help.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-12-2007, 03:23 AM
i think this fatwa should help.
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=95&ln=eng&txt=Ramadan

north_malaysian
09-12-2007, 03:35 AM
He want to "clean" the sins he did and then ending his life with a big sin.

6' 3'' is nothing in comparison to Robert Wadlow who's 8' 11''.

jb17
09-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Wait, seriously? A lot of guys wish they were that tall, 6'3 isnt that big... one of my cousins is like 6'4 and hes not THAT big.

Anyways, I suggest you send him to therapy or something. He's a teenager and we all have our moments and our insecurities, but height? That's a new one... I wouldn't mind taking some of his height even though I'm not really short.

But still, I'd send him to therapy. My God though, to think of suicide, he must really be ill, please get him to therapy or something, or to Masjid and let him be guided... I always find Islam helps me in my weak moments (andyes I've thought of this too). Suicide really is the worst exit, there's no saving yourself from that.

------
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
:salamext:

anyways the question is that will his prayers and fasts actually count because hes scared of allah and wants to make up for all of his sins b4 he dies
If he is scared of Allaah, and wants to make up for his sins, SUICIDE is not the answer!!!!! If he suicides, he will be in HELL FOREVER.

Honestly :-\ Some people are annoyed of being short, some people are annoyed of being tall!

Come on!!!!!! Focus on your hereafter people, this duniya is nothing!!!!

Show him this hadith:

Sahih Muslim Book:40 Number:6843

This hadith has been narrated through five different chains of transmitters and all of them are narrated on the authority of Mustaurid, brother of Bani Fihr, that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, this world (is so insigni- ficant in comparison) to the Hereafter that if one of you should dip his finger-(and wnile saying this Yahyg pointed with his forefinger)-in the ocean and then he should see as to what has stuck to it. This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters also but with a slight variation of wording.

aminahjaan
09-13-2008, 11:10 PM
what's wrong with being 6'3 the coolest basketball players are taller
they're awesome. Tall people are cool, especially when you look up and talk to them. And hey, he probably doesn't have to worry about him being shorter than his wife.

------
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
oh thats cleva!!! make up for ur fasts and prayers and then be eternally d.a.m.n.e.d to hell!!

oh he's got a good brain that guy has

S_87
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
maybe hes just a bit whacked about his height which is not at all abnormally tall. Its a good height. Try to get him to see his height as something good not bad. Does he have any other issues?

'Abd-al Latif
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fromgenesis
There are a couple of problems with the intention to commit suicide.
1) You could have erased all sins (if that was possible) by doing good deeds, praying etc, but suicide will leave at least one serious sin which he will never be able to "put right". So if this is the argument, and you accept that God is holy and will not tolerate any sin, your friend has lost the battle in any case and is doomed.
Allah says:

Except him who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [Qur'an: Furqan 25:70]

If one does good deeds, Allah will change his evil deeds to good ones.

And He also says:

"O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise)" [Qur'an: al-Tahreem 66:8]

Furthermore, He says:

"Say: O ‘Ibaadi (My servants) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[Qur'an: al-Zumar 39:53]

Only god is aware of who is doomed and who isn't, He knows the unseen, and He is the One who controls all affairs so our friend losing the battle and being 'doomed' rests only in the hands of Almighty god.

2) Sin is what stands between God and the sinner. It is only when God forgives sin that real peace will take hold of the person. Repentance for sins needs to be accompanied by forgiveness to take efffect. If there is no forgiveness, sin stands, even if you are terribly sorry. Tell a judge you are very sorry about a murder. Will he forgive you? There is punishment for sin - somebody has to pay.
God cannot be compared to a human, God knows the unseen and He will forgive you of your sins if you sincerely turn to Him in repentance, because Allah is the best of Judges.

Jesus tells us that He lays down His life willingly as "payment" for our sins. This is a gift, as not me, you, or anybody else can earn forgiveness.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 10:17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
Joh 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."
Allah says:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begets not, nor is He begotten.

And there is none comparable unto Him.

[Qur'an: Ikhlas 112]

Furthermore, the Qur’an describes the creation of Jesus as follows:

She (Mary) said: `O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: `Even so; God creates what He wills. When He decrees a thing, He but says to it, "Be!" and it is."

(Qur’an, Al Imran 3:47)

Muhammad
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM

As this is an old thread, I don't think it needs to stay open much longer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.