/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli soccer fans curse Prophet

yigiter187
08-31-2007, 08:15 AM

Israeli soccer fans curse Prophet

A Turkish reporter who joined Maccabi Tel Aviv's trip to Turkey records group of fans singing songs against Prophet Muhammad and Muslims.
Some bloody idiot hooligans - 30 / 08 / 2007 18:03

TV channel decides to shelve video in order to avoid possible flare-up

A serious and potentially dangerous diplomatic incident between Israel and Turkey was prevented Wednesday, after a national Turkish TV channel agreed not to broadcast a video showing Israeli soccer fans cursing the Prophet Muhammad.

The network decided to shelve the tape following appeals from senior governmenat officials.

The video was filmed by a Turkish reporter of Channel 24, Elif Ural, who accompanied the Maccabi Tel Aviv soccer team on its flight from Israel to the Turkish town of Kayseri, where it is scheduled to play against local team Erciyesspor Thursday evening.

A group of fans who were on the plane with the team were caught on video singing songs against Prophet Muhammad and Muslims.

Ural, who has been living in Israel for the past three years as the network's Mideast correspondent, was deeply offended by what she witnessed and heard, and by the club's officials' failure to intervene and put an end to the offensive behavior.

"The decision not to broadcast the video was the right one and I don’t have a problem with it," Ural said.

"There is really no need to risk relations between Israel and Turkey because of 10 idiots. I understood that if the incident is published, the potential for a violent outbreak at the stadium and in the city could grow significantly. But what I felt on the plane would be very hard to forget."

Ural plans to speak with the club's chairman, Lonnie Hercikowicz, and complain about the incident.

"He needs to make it clear to his people that they should be no less committed than him to civility and mutual respect," she stated.

ynetnews

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yigiter187
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
but erciyessport club (turkey) eliminated maccabi from the uefa cup..their efforts became vain...

rachamim
08-31-2007, 02:21 PM
First, if true, it is despicable.

Second, I highly doubt it ever happened. Why? First, if it had, it would rate as a true international stroy and amke the career of the reporter on the plane. Second, Israel has the strongest hate law on the planet. Had it happened the people doing it would not only face long prion terms, they would get them, as have almost 500 other Israeli Jews. The law applies to any Israeli, overseas or otherwise.

Cognescenti
08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
If it wasn't the players, coaches or management of the team then it is a non-story in my eyes. They should simply charter the jet without fans.

Is anyone really surprised there might be a few in Israel with racist views? Let's get real. Palestinian TV broadcasts shocking anti-Jewish propaganda to children.

NEWS FLASH! RACISM ALIVE AND WELL IN MIDEAST!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SATalha
08-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Like in most cases footaball hooligans just will say anything to make sure they leave their mark on their enemies. But to go to a Muslim country and to do this? Thats a bit stupid.......and i dont seem to recall abuse of this sort anywhere else (as in dissing religion). Fact is racist stupid people exist and you can only do so much.

Bittersteel
08-31-2007, 03:59 PM
well nothing uncommon.Arabs say stuff to Israelis,Israelis insult Arabs,Europeans or other Asians insult Jews,etc.some sort of a circle.and circles have no beginning or end.

SATalha
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah football fans tend to be a bit.......backwards......the hooligans i mean. Plus when you got Israeli fans going to a muslim country......mix a bit of alcohal and what do you get......:rollseyes

Trumble
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
A small bunch of idiots.. but among football 'supporters' that's hardly the first. If something like that actually could lead to "a potentially dangerous diplomatic incident" we really are in trouble.

SATalha
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
A small bunch of idiots.. but among football 'supporters' that's hardly the first. If something like that actually could lead to "a potentially dangerous diplomatic incident" we really are in trouble.
This sort of behaviour should be expected in a football match.....the fans will say anything to intimidate the other fans or players. :heated:. But you have to say that football has come along way.....30-40 years back it was a diffiren story, especialy in the UK.

Bittersteel
08-31-2007, 04:10 PM
seeing what happened in the past,it there is a chance something big might happen over this small issue.

SATalha
08-31-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
seeing what happened in the past,it there is a chance something big might happen over this small issue.

Realy? :? I mean its an obviously a stupid thing to do also a very stupid thing, seen as they where in a Muslim country. But this shouldnt be turned in to some international uproar.

guyabano
08-31-2007, 04:17 PM
well nothing uncommon.Arabs say stuff to Israelis,Israelis insult Arabs,Europeans or other Asians insult Jews,etc.some sort of a circle.and circles have no beginning or end.

You are so right, it's nothing special. You never saw, when UK hooligans yell 'Sieg Heil' in an german stade.

Life goes on. This is just an incident among others in soccer

Bittersteel
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
But this shouldnt be turned in to some international uproar.
ahem,the Danish cartoons?Okay it's a different situation true.

SATalha
08-31-2007, 04:28 PM
nah this is way to small to cause any offence......Ignorant stupid people should be ignored. This will show them the best way.:shade:

Zulkiflim
08-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Salaam,

Yes you are right,when the Prophet is insulted,walk away.

Casue such people are not to be listened to nor acknoledged,they should just be left alone and to continue their ridicule.

and we who claim to muslim should just ignore and accept the fact that our beloved Prophet is being maligned and we walk away..

So continue to walk away and with every step you walk away from faith and Allah.

wilberhum
08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
You are so right, it's nothing special. You never saw, when UK hooligans yell 'Sieg Heil' in an german stade.

Life goes on. This is just an incident among others in soccer
Great analigy.

I'm still trying to understand why any one would think a bunch of Israeli soccer fans would not curse him. :-\

yigiter187
08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
the sun cannoot be covered with mud

SATalha
08-31-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Yes you are right,when the Prophet is insulted,walk away.

Casue such people are not to be listened to nor acknoledged,they should just be left alone and to continue their ridicule.

and we who claim to muslim should just ignore and accept the fact that our beloved Prophet is being maligned and we walk away..

So continue to walk away and with every step you walk away from faith and Allah.
You know these people aint even worth the bother. The best we can do is keep promoting the good teachings of our beloved phrophet (peace and blessing be upon him) Bro iam sure you have read Surah Yaseen.......know what i mean. Some people are just impossible to talk to.

KAding
09-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm sure the Israelis will be shocked about all the Muslims demonstrating against them and burning their flag :okay:. The real question is: will anyone notice the difference?

BTW, isn't Turkey the only Muslim country were the Israeli football teams are welcome? Or isn't it that bad anymore? I always found it interesting that Israeli teams played in the European football leagues.

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 11:38 AM
erciyessport club(second league team in turkey) eliminated macabi from uefa cup..perhaps allah helped very weak team erciyessport to win maccabi who cursed MOHAMMED (S.AV.)

Zulkiflim
09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
You know these people aint even worth the bother. The best we can do is keep promoting the good teachings of our beloved phrophet (peace and blessing be upon him) Bro iam sure you have read Surah Yaseen.......know what i mean. Some people are just impossible to talk to.
Salaam,

Without even trying you say they are a bothersome people.

We muslim perform dakwah and defend the faith and the Prophet.

In no way can we allow other to malign our Propeht.

If a group or a people were to ridicule in the presence of a muslim,if the muslim remain silent,then they will say,....SEE EVEN THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANGRY OVER THEIR PROPHET.

So i say again,...

Making excuses to practise the faith is easy enough
To not make excuses and to do it is difficult.

As the saying goes,any fool cna make a baby,only a MAN can raise one.

So walk away ,walk away...make excuses..

It will become easier as time goes,as the non muslim excalete the mockery of the Prophet...just walk away.

They say the first step is the hardest...but it already sets the path..

Amadeus85
09-01-2007, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding

BTW, isn't Turkey the only Muslim country were the Israeli football teams are welcome? Or isn't it that bad anymore? I always found it interesting that Israeli teams played in the European football leagues.
Yes and Israel takes part in European Cup.

yigiter187
09-01-2007, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Yes and Israel takes part in European Cup.
ı cant get the point that israel plays in uefa....

backbencher
09-02-2007, 03:38 AM
Marhaba Zulkiflim,

"In no way can we allow other to malign our Propeht."

Ummm, beggin' your pardon sir, how do you propose to prevent non-Muslims from maligning your Prophet?

FARMERS FIGHT!

backbencher

Zman
09-02-2007, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yigiter187
ı cant get the point that israel plays in uefa....
:sl:

The Asians (Continent-wide) refuse to play with Israel and won't be grouped with them. So, the other alternative is to make Israel part of the European competition...

rachamim
09-02-2007, 06:21 AM
ZMan: Asians do not prevent anything. West Asians, meaning Islamic nations DO. We are actually loved in East Asia aside from Malaysia and Indonesia for obvious reasons. Their loss.

yigiter187
09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rachamim
ZMan: Asians do not prevent anything. West Asians, meaning Islamic nations DO. We are actually loved in East Asia aside from Malaysia and Indonesia for obvious reasons. Their loss.
do u know pini felix balili......

SATalha
09-02-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Without even trying you say they are a bothersome people.

We muslim perform dakwah and defend the faith and the Prophet.

In no way can we allow other to malign our Propeht.

If a group or a people were to ridicule in the presence of a muslim,if the muslim remain silent,then they will say,....SEE EVEN THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANGRY OVER THEIR PROPHET.

So i say again,...

Making excuses to practise the faith is easy enough
To not make excuses and to do it is difficult.

As the saying goes,any fool cna make a baby,only a MAN can raise one.

So walk away ,walk away...make excuses..

It will become easier as time goes,as the non muslim excalete the mockery of the Prophet...just walk away.

They say the first step is the hardest...but it already sets the path..
In no way am i saying that we should not do anything about it? Rather the best thing would be to try to teach them about the misconceptions that they have. I think you misunderstood me bro, you make out as if i would just sit there while someone disses our Phrophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Also I am not making excuses rather i feel pity for the people that mock the Phrophet (peace and blessings be upon him), to know that these people are missing out in great lessons and teachings is something to pity. And when they mock thats more of a sad sight. The honor and respect that people have for our Phrophet will always remain and it is our duty to maintain this Honour and respect and also spread his teachings to all.

Cognescenti
09-02-2007, 02:14 PM
erciyessport club(second league team in turkey) eliminated macabi from uefa cup..perhaps allah helped very weak team erciyessport to win maccabi who cursed MOHAMMED (S.AV.)
Perhaps Allah willed it to happen :)

yigiter187
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Perhaps Allah willed it to happen :)
allah willed what?

the curse of MOHAMMED by israelis or the elimination of maccabi by erciyes sport

rachamim
09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
On Pini, I used to watch him play for Hapoel. Good man. He is in Turkey now.

yigiter187
09-02-2007, 02:37 PM
On Pini, I used to watch him play for Hapoel. Good man. He is in Turkey now.
he plays for the team of my hometown-sivassport---he is like "road-runner":D ı will watch him tonight at the match at stadium.. we love pini balili...:peace:

Cognescenti
09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
allah willed what?

the curse of MOHAMMED by israelis or the elimination of maccabi by erciyes sport

The elimination of the Israeli team, of course. :D

MadeenJibreel
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
First, if true, it is despicable.

Second, I highly doubt it ever happened. Why? First, if it had, it would rate as a true international stroy and amke the career of the reporter on the plane. Second, Israel has the strongest hate law on the planet. Had it happened the people doing it would not only face long prion terms, they would get them, as have almost 500 other Israeli Jews. The law applies to any Israeli, overseas or otherwise.
Are you trying to make somebody look like a fool or what?
Do you have any idea how many people were slaughtered, killed one way or the other, how many women brutally raped, tortured, etc. in Bosna for example? Do you know how many eye-witnesses there are still alive out there? Not only eye-witnesses, but people who went thru all this? Majority of these cases never came to Haag, not they will, and Haag and international community had better view on what happened and yet they didn't react. Why not? Well because of people who think like you. Nooooo, it never happened. Nothing can espace our eyes, we see everything. I'm pretty sure they closed their eyes on many of these cases, just as you're closing your eyes right now.

MadeenJibreel
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MadeenJibreel
Are you trying to make somebody look like a fool or what?
Do you have any idea how many people were slaughtered, killed one way or the other, how many women brutally raped, tortured, etc. in Bosna for example? Do you know how many eye-witnesses there are still alive out there? Not only eye-witnesses, but people who went thru all this? Majority of these cases never came to Haag, not they will, and Haag and international community had better view on what happened and yet they didn't react. Why not? Well because of people who think like you. Nooooo, it never happened. Nothing can espace our eyes, we see everything. I'm pretty sure they closed their eyes on many of these cases, just as you're closing your eyes right now.
PS Your doubt is no good. Either prove that it didn't happen or don't talk about it. No offense, but that's how it should be.

MTAFFI
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
10 israeli bigots on a place cause so much news
10 turkish bigots would no doubt cause the same amount if they did the same

Problem: What about the people who are not bigots striving on a daily basis for peace in Israel and Palestine and throughout the mideast, but get no media coverage?

Shame on these men for cursing the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), they should be repremanded by their superiors and suspended for a time for inciting such turmoil, knowing where they are from and who they were around. Blatant bigotry and pure ignorance

NoName55
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM

NoName55
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM

MadeenJibreel
10-23-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Is this an easy way to increase your post count? ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.