/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab..with tight clothes

paradise88
08-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello brothers and sisters, this is my first topic i will introduce, not sure how to use this forum yet hehe..

Anyway i wanted to know peoples views and knowledge on what im about to say. When its Ramadhan i see girls who dont wear hijabs wearing one and then they take it off after ramadhan. Whilst they are wearing their hijab they also wear tight and revealing clothing. This is not right in my view.. I guess they are doing something good by covering thier head. However its insulting the idea of covering yourself.
:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
InToTheRain
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
This is not right in my view.. I guess they are doing something good by covering thier head.
:salam:

It is not right Islamically, Alhamdullilah.

You may say that "At least they are covering their head" but according to my logic they are worse because they are representing Islam wrong . The hair is an Awrah which attracts attention, by covering it you are just making them focus on other parts of the Awrah which are more shameful to look at or bring attention to then the hair.

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:09 PM
well wearing a hijab is a start right? it's like taking your baby step
Yeah but at least the girls who wear hijab during Ramadan at least appearciate the month of Ramadan, unlike other who don't bother at all

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:16 PM
What i meant by 'atleast convering their head' was an example of the excuses they come out with. What is the point covering ur hair when ur body is showing and skin. The purpose of covering yourself is useless because they are'nt making any difference

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
:salamext:

Personally, by them girls covering their head but revealing their body, I think its showing disrespect to Islaam.

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh true covering their head then showing flesh? That is disrespectful to Islam might as well not wear it at all, gives Islam a bad name but to another Muslim that is, or it could be fashion design for them lol :okay:

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
true, hijab is like the new fashion for some girls. Its best not wearing it at all then giving it a bad name. Alot of people look at a 'hijabi' girl and think they're probably bad because of the girls who have given it a bad name. I feel annoyed sometimes because people say 'bet ur naughty underneath'.. and you think where is the respect?

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
true, hijab is like the new fashion for some girls. Its best not wearing it at all then giving it a bad name. Alot of people look at a 'hijabi' girl and think they're probably bad because of the girls who have given it a bad name. I feel annoyed sometimes because people say 'bet ur naughty underneath'.. and you think where is the respect?

Pk_#2
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Allah Most High says:

“And abstain from all sins, internal or external.” (Surah al-An’am, 120) :thumbs_up

1) The whole body of the woman must be concealed. Only the hands and feet (and according to some scholars, the face, when there is no fear of Fitna) can be exposed. Allah Most High says in Surah al-Ahzab:

“And stay in your houses and do not display yourselves as in the days of Jahiliyyah (Ignorance).” (V: 33)

Allah Almighty further says in the same Surah:

“O Prophet! Say to your wives and daughters and the women of the believers, that they should cast upon themselves the outer garment (Jilbab). That will be more convenient for them not to be known (as such) and not be molested. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” (Surah al-Ahzab, 59)

In a Hadith recorded by Imam Tirmidhi (Allah have Mercy on him) with a authentic chain of narrators, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“A woman is supposed to be concealed. When she emerges outside (without covering herself properly), Shaytan makes her adorned in front of men.” :mmokay: (Sunan Tirmidhi)

It is clear from the above that a female must cover herself fully before coming in front of non-Mahram men. Even the hands and feet should be concealed, if possible.

2) The garment of the female must not be so thin that her body can be visible.

3) Her cloths must not be close-fitting and tight; rather they must be loose, as to avoid the figure and shape of the body being exposed and visible.

“Whosoever imitates a nation is amongst them.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 4031)

Muhammed Ibn Adam.

We have a beautiful dress code, let's try and stick to it inshaAllah. :D

------
08-31-2007, 02:32 PM

Non Muslims actually give you more respect when they see you wearing the Hijaab than Muslims. Meh :-\

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:33 PM
i know, we do have a beautifull dress code and for very good reasons.. why do people abuse it

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
We cant change it now can we? how can we tell all these girls like please don't use hijab as fashion, They know respect yet wont give it, But they can't judge a hijabi girl no one has the right to judge another person even if it's 1st impression thats just mad

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:36 PM
i know non muslims do, im talking about asian muslims. ''they say she just wearing scarf for show bet she like them other girls'' i heard it myself its not nice

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
i know non muslims do, im talking about asian muslims. ''they say she just wearing scarf for show bet she like them other girls'' i heard it myself its not nice
Ignore them let them talk trash Allah knows best,
I think they use hijab as fashion to attract attention who knows but the Asian born muslim give you disrespect everytime you wear it, they think like you bad underneath your this and that but why? i dont understand that part

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Non Muslims actually give you more respect when they see you wearing the Hijaab than Muslims. Meh :-\
Non muslim prefer you to wear a hijab then veil,
Non muslim get confused when they see a muslim girl wear a hijab then wears tight clothing lol even myself.... am confused ?????

paradise88
08-31-2007, 02:46 PM
some asian ladies just put scarfs and cover half of their head cos they embarrassed not to wear one at all. Why wear it if ur not going to wear it properly?

Neelam92
08-31-2007, 02:49 PM
some asian ladies just put scarfs and cover half of their head cos they embarrassed not to wear one at all. Why wear it if ur not going to wear it properly?
innit thats true
i mean the whole point in wearing the head scarf on is so ur hair doesnt show!

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelam92
innit thats true
i mean the whole point in wearing the head scarf on is so ur hair doesnt show!
what can you do then if a girl abuses wearing a hijab? You can tell them nicely or try questioning them :D but in a polite manner way obviously

paradise88
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
sometimes i have the urge to tell these girls to cover up properly, then think am i allowed? do i have the right? confused on that

SirDemonic
08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
sometimes i have the urge to tell these girls to cover up properly, then think am i allowed? do i have the right? confused on that
obviously you have the right as a Muslim sister to them, you have the right to tell them.

Maarya
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
:sl:

the thing is that some people, like the kind of girls you're talking about, dont know what hijab is.
they think hijab is just putting a scarf on your head but its not. hijab is covering the whole of your upper body not just your head.
these girls need educating because no-one's taught them properly. its up to us to advise them nicely when we can.

Maarya
08-31-2007, 04:07 PM

here's a great video about this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jQi0Gjy3M

Umm Yoosuf
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Yeah of course it is not right but thats where you and I come. Give Dawah invite your sisters to Islaam, teach them, advice them, correct them etc. I am sure none of us woke up one day with all the knowledge we have so don't think bad of your sisters in Islaam, maybe they do this all due to ignorance on their part and they think it is right. Allah knows best.

Samira_01
08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Yeah of course it is not right but thats where you and I come. Give Dawah invite your sisters to Islaam, teach them, advice them, correct them etc. I am sure none of us woke up one day with all the knowledge we have so don't think bad of your sisters in Islaam, maybe they do this all due to ignorance on their part and they think it is right. Allah knows best.

Asalamu 3leykum

true say ukhti .. i agree (no1 is perfect) so may Allah guide them and all of us Inshallah .. ya rab al 3lameen :(

&& Ramadan Kareem :)

wa3leykum salam
peace:peace:

snakelegs
09-02-2007, 03:19 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
don't ever feel stupid! :heated:

Intisar
09-02-2007, 04:52 AM
:sl: Well people think it's wrong for me to wear pants with the hijab as well. I say, leave the judging to Allah because you won't be accountable for their sins. As much as you think that when they go out they will be representing all Muslims and that wearing tight clothes with the hijaab nulifies the whole idea of wearing one in the first place, these girls (as brother Sir Demonic mentioned) may actually be taking baby steps into becoming better Muslimahs. You never know whats in their hearts, so please stop with the judging. I consider this to be a type of gossip myself that's why I find it not so pleasing to talk about. :w:

sevgi
09-02-2007, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Well people think it's wrong for me to wear pants with the hijab as well. I say, leave the judging to Allah because you won't be accountable for their sins. As much as you think that when they go out they will be representing all Muslims and that wearing tight clothes with the hijaab nulifies the whole idea of wearing one in the first place, these girls (as brother Sir Demonic mentioned) may actually be taking baby steps into becoming better Muslimahs. You never know whats in their hearts, so please stop with the judging. I consider this to be a type of gossip myself that's why I find it not so pleasing to talk about. :w:
surely u are right...i also think it is stupid to judge ppl in this way..we have no idea what their inetntions are..some girls cover up like ther is no tomorrow...but dnt wear the veil on their actions and tounges and minds...

i think the physical veil is the least important of the veils...and any other muslim in the right mind would agree...

Intisar
09-02-2007, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
surely u are right...i also think it is stupid to judge ppl in this way..we have no idea what their inetntions are..some girls cover up like ther is no tomorrow...but dnt wear the veil on their actions and tounges and minds...

i think the physical veil is the least important of the veils...and any other muslim in the right mind would agree...
:sl: Exactly sis! People's adhab have to come along with it. Covering yourself up does not make a person alone, it's also how they carry themselves. Give Dawah to sisters who do so, and don't do it in an arrogant fashion..! I've given Dawah to sisters nicely and it turned out great, they actually apppreciated it. :ooh: :statisfie :)

sevgi
09-02-2007, 05:08 AM
:sl: Exactly sis! People's adhab have to come along with it. Covering yourself up does not make a person alone, it's also how they carry themselves. Give Dawah to sisters who do so, and don't do it in an arrogant fashion..! I've given Dawah to sisters nicely and it turned out great, they actually apppreciated it. :ooh: :statisfie :)
i think wen u approach girls with topics like this u must be very careful...

wearn the hijab is hard enuf...the last thing a teen girl on her last straw needs is a 'sister' to pull her into a corner and say "dnt pull ur sleeves up next to the 'brothers' ..." etc...

i think for starters..the person informing must be well known to the person informed...it cant be anyone,...sure, ur responsible and jsut doing ur bit...but i can quite frankly say that the sis being informed is gna turn around and say " oh thank u so much...i will be more weary.." then in her haid say "who the hell is she...wats it to her,,,"...

i know i do it...wen im praying at uni and there is two mins for my class and i pray a little speedier than usual...(totally in a halal way)..i get little nudges from unknown sisters saying "sister, sorry but..u didnt wait long enuf at ur second secda.." and im thinking ..."yeah...i did...im the one counting...!" bt im saying the total opposite...

i hate that...

Intisar
09-02-2007, 05:29 AM
i think wen u approach girls with topics like this u must be very careful...

wearn the hijab is hard enuf...the last thing a teen girl on her last straw needs is a 'sister' to pull her into a corner and say "dnt pull ur sleeves up next to the 'brothers' ..." etc...

i think for starters..the person informing must be well known to the person informed...it cant be anyone,...sure, ur responsible and jsut doing ur bit...but i can quite frankly say that the sis being informed is gna turn around and say " oh thank u so much...i will be more weary.." then in her haid say "who the hell is she...wats it to her,,,"...

i know i do it...wen im praying at uni and there is two mins for my class and i pray a little speedier than usual...(totally in a halal way)..i get little nudges from unknown sisters saying "sister, sorry but..u didnt wait long enuf at ur second secda.." and im thinking ..."yeah...i did...im the one counting...!" bt im saying the total opposite...

i hate that...
Yeah, that's true sis even when you're being sincere and trying to warn them of what they're doing it still may come across as rude to them, but it'll still feel better in your heart knowing that you tried to help a sister out. :)

Malaikah
09-02-2007, 08:47 AM
:sl: Well people think it's wrong for me to wear pants with the hijab as well. I say, leave the judging to Allah because you won't be accountable for their sins.:w:

We might not be accountable for their sins, but it is our duty to warn and help guide them, to command good and forbid evil.

Advising a girl that her clothing is too tight is not judging her at all. It is simply advising her.

Intisar
09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

We might not be accountable for their sins, but it is our duty to warn and help guide them, to command good and forbid evil.

Advising a girl that her clothing is too tight is not judging her at all. It is simply advising her.
:w: If you read any further then you would have noticed that I had also advised other sisters to give Dawah nicely. :)

Michael
09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I see Muslim girls at university wearing the headscarf with tight jeans. Once I even saw one of them in a headscarf with a tight top underneath. My Muslim friend told me that if I see Muslim girls dressed inappropriately to tell them, because as a non-Muslim, they will realise that people are looking at them. However, I'm not actually going to do it, but it is a good idea.

syilla
09-04-2007, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
I see Muslim girls at university wearing the headscarf with tight jeans. Once I even saw one of them in a headscarf with a tight top underneath. My Muslim friend told me that if I see Muslim girls dressed inappropriately to tell them, because as a non-Muslim, they will realise that people are looking at them. However, I'm not actually going to do it, but it is a good idea.
yeah...you should confront them and ask them what is the purpose of wearing hijab.

rozeena
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
yeh i fink dats a good idea 2!:thumbs_up

Ummu Sufyaan
09-06-2007, 07:28 AM

i am going to have to disagree with you again. :sunny:
i ask, what is a man going to drool (excuse the word) over. a womens bad attitude or the shape of a women??

zarhad
09-06-2007, 07:43 AM
you know i personally wear a hijab during ramadan and sometimes i feel guilty taking it off at the end but i do it and ive always dressed modistly, im semi into fasion but covered well, not to tight nothing exposing

interms of wearing it during ramadan i think its a state of mind i try to be a good muslim but even more so during ramadan i dont generally watch tv i read and learn stuff of course i fast but i do a little extra comunity service, its a very spirtual month if thats the correct word.

i also do it somewhat because i wouldnt be able to carry a hijab around with me at work so since im already wearing it it makes it easier, and due to my light complection i often get mistaken for itilan or something like that and when i wear it i find people eat infront of me less when im fasting, they talk more respectful and so on

north_malaysian
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Muslim women that wear hijabs with tight clothes - IGNORANTS.

You should advise them what is the right way to cover their awrah!

bellagalore
09-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I do not often see such women, but I did see one today. She was somewhat overweight and wearing extremely tight clothing. I love in the US where caucasian women tend to wear loose clothing (unlike Europe). I think many wealthy Arab and persian girls buy European style clothing and then do not understand how absurdly tight it looks in the US. I am not talking tight by Muslim standards- they are tight by local American standards. There are also many black Muslims in my area and I think some of them are influenced by mainstream African American clothing styles (aka ghetto), which are also tighter than normal. This results in some Muslim women looking rather silly in hijab. Sometimes I even wonder if they are wearing hijab or if they have some fashionable scarf on their head.

Personally, I like jilbab for aesthetics, but for practical purposes, I like the niqab above all.

paradise88
09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT MY INTENTIONS ARE NOT GOSSIPING AN IM NOT QUESTIONING SOME OF THESE GIRLS JUST TALKING ABOUT HOW PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF HIJAB. MY EXAMPLES MAYBE SOUND LIKE IM JUDGING BUT IM NOT. NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE. ALLAH SWT KNOWS THIER INTENTIONS.. :sunny:

paradise88
09-07-2007, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya

here's a great video about this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jQi0Gjy3M
;D THAT VIDEO IS SO FUNNY AND TRUE! THATS WHAT IM SAYIN

siFilam
09-07-2007, 10:07 PM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Modestly of the heart, mind and tongue starts with the physical veil. I know for my own experience brothers are less likely to approach you with negative intentions if you wear the Hijaab properly. When I say "properly" I mean that a sister should cover her hair, wear loose clothing (preferably an abayah) and lower her gaze. Even if a sister’s actions are not consistent with Hijaab and modestly in Islam, at least the strange brothers in the streets won’t be affected by her fitnah. We are not judging the sisters who wear Hijaab improperly but it’s our obligation to propagate the truth in order to help others and preserve the true teachings of Islam.
Wasalam
-SI-

sevgi
09-09-2007, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

Modestly of the heart, mind and tongue starts with the physical veil. I know for my own experience brothers are less likely to approach you with negative intentions if you wear the Hijaab properly. When I say "properly" I mean that a sister should cover her hair, wear loose clothing (preferably an abayah) and lower her gaze. Even if a sister’s actions are not consistent with Hijaab and modestly in Islam, at least the strange brothers in the streets won’t be affected by her fitnah. We are not judging the sisters who wear Hijaab improperly but it’s our obligation to propagate the truth in order to help others and preserve the true teachings of Islam.
Wasalam
-SI-

thats a bit of a selfish approach...

there are two types of people...some start on the outside and work towards the inside...thats the easy way out...and the ones which usually screw up...no offense..but its all around us.

then there are others who start on the inside and then let it it encompass the outside as well.this is the true way..

but there is no right or wrong...just a difference in people and personality..the outer veil is less important than the inner veil...if a young girl commits all sorts of sins of modesty in the feild of the inner, and wears the hijab as well as they please, it will never equate to one not wearing the hijab, but behaving and thinking etc as a muslim woman shud.

that is all.

salams.
sumeyye.

Soulja Girl
09-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Its sad to say, but these days I can't tell teh difference between a Muslim Gurl & a Non - Muslim Gurl because of the way they dress...Now, everyones just into fashion so its all about Clothes Shoes etc, tryna impress other peeps. For Gurls to wear a Hijab today would be VERY hard, however, they should try covering themselves modestly, not wear tight Clothes, cover their Hair for a start...Idk? :confused:

:w:

sevgi
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Its sad to say, but these days I can't tell teh difference between a Muslim Gurl & a Non - Muslim Gurl because of the way they dress...Now, everyones just into fashion so its all about Clothes Shoes etc, tryna impress other peeps. For Gurls to wear a Hijab today would be VERY hard, however, they should try covering themselves modestly, not wear tight Clothes, cover their Hair for a start...Idk? :confused:

:w:
its hard

no one said it was gna b easy...........

bt the problem is maintaining the modesty inside and out..not only on the outside....

once you get to know em, trust me, u can tell the diffence between a muslim girl and a non muslim girl....

hope that makes sense...

peace...

siFilam
09-10-2007, 02:10 AM

:salamext:.

First of all, sister, I would like to say that we shouldn’t argue for the sake of arguing. Let’s have a pleasant conversation in order to become better Muslims. So please forgive me if this offends you in anyway.

thats a bit of a selfish approach...
How is this selfish? Please explain sister.

there are two types of people...some start on the outside and work towards the inside...thats the easy way out...and the ones which usually screw up...no offense..but its all around us.
Sister, this is not the easy way out. Try walking in the streets in a Western society wearing a Niqab and Abayah. My point is that change starts with our intention to please Allah (SWT). Then we need to make sure all the Fard are taken care of. And you are making very general statements against those sisters who are taking every step necessary to please Allah regarding Hijab. We all screw up. but we have to be ensure that we observe all the Fard properly and tight clothing are against the Fard of Hijab.

then there are others who start on the inside and then let it it encompass the outside as well. this is the true way..
Working on our inner self is a never-ending battle until we are placed in our grave. If we try to fix our inside first than, we will never reach the external side. The internal and external struggle has to complement one another. Rasulullah (peace and blessings be upon him) advised us to cry as much as possible in our Du’a and he said that if you can’t cry, then act like you are crying. So you see the outside greatly influences the inside.

but there is no right or wrong...just a difference in people and personality..the outer veil is less important than the inner veil...if a young girl commits all sorts of sins of modesty in the feild of the inner, and wears the hijab as well as they please, it will never equate to one not wearing the hijab, but behaving and thinking etc as a muslim woman shud.
A girl who doesn’t wear the hijab while knowing that it is Fard is a Fasiq. She is disobeying the commands of her Creator while she knows that her actions are wrong. This may sound harsh but this is the truth. As Muslims we need to learn how to swallow the truth instead of defending our wrong actions. This is sign of our arrogance when we continue to defend our actions instead of scrutinizing lives for the sake of our own selves. If the inner veil was more important don’t you think Allah would have specifically mentioned that “work on the inside then take the next step”. Like I said before, inside and the outside complement one another. it’s just like learning how to pray. first we learn how to fix the external aspect of Salah (such as making Sujood, Ruku’ and Qiyaam properly according to the Sunnah). When this is accomplished we proceed to gain Kushoo’, the internal aspect.

Again, I am extremely sorry if this offends you or hurts you in any way. Sister I love you for the sake of Allah. :hug:
Wasalam
-SI-

Malaikah
09-10-2007, 06:35 AM

I don't mean to cause offence here, but surely if a Muslim woman was behaving and thinking as a Muslim woman should, then she would be wearing hijab! :hiding:

sevgi
09-10-2007, 11:25 AM

I don't mean to cause offence here, but surely if a Muslim woman was behaving and thinking as a Muslim woman should, then she would be wearing hijab! :hiding:
yes...but we are discussing the difference between the inner and outter veil wit the sister...thats where i think uve missed it...we are talking abt non-ideal cases..

peace.

sevgi
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

First of all, sister, I would like to say that we shouldn’t argue for the sake of arguing. Let’s have a pleasant conversation in order to become better Muslims. So please forgive me if this offends you in anyway.

How is this selfish? Please explain sister.

Sister, this is not the easy way out. Try walking in the streets in a Western society wearing a Niqab and Abayah. My point is that change starts with our intention to please Allah (SWT). Then we need to make sure all the Fard are taken care of. And you are making very general statements against those sisters who are taking every step necessary to please Allah regarding Hijab. We all screw up. but we have to be ensure that we observe all the Fard properly and tight clothing are against the Fard of Hijab.

Working on our inner self is a never-ending battle until we are placed in our grave. If we try to fix our inside first than, we will never reach the external side. The internal and external struggle has to complement one another. Rasulullah (peace and blessings be upon him) advised us to cry as much as possible in our Du’a and he said that if you can’t cry, then act like you are crying. So you see the outside greatly influences the inside.

A girl who doesn’t wear the hijab while knowing that it is Fard is a Fasiq. She is disobeying the commands of her Creator while she knows that her actions are wrong. This may sound harsh but this is the truth. As Muslims we need to learn how to swallow the truth instead of defending our wrong actions. This is sign of our arrogance when we continue to defend our actions instead of scrutinizing lives for the sake of our own selves. If the inner veil was more important don’t you think Allah would have specifically mentioned that “work on the inside then take the next step”. Like I said before, inside and the outside complement one another. it’s just like learning how to pray. first we learn how to fix the external aspect of Salah (such as making Sujood, Ruku’ and Qiyaam properly according to the Sunnah). When this is accomplished we proceed to gain Kushoo’, the internal aspect.

Again, I am extremely sorry if this offends you or hurts you in any way. Sister I love you for the sake of Allah. :hug:
Wasalam
-SI-
oh no probs sis....no offense here...i think i may have expressed myself in a silly tone...sorry on my behalf...

i understand what u are saying....

but all i was trying to do was diffeneciate the diff between inner and outer veil. i belieev that the inner veil is very imp....more so than the outer veil...this does not mean that they arent equal in their 'fardness' and their value in islam. i just believe that it is better for a girl who wears it, to have accomplished manners etc....coz it looks so bad wen u see sisters wearn it...sitting round a bunch of guys with a lollipop in her mouth, hitting the guys, screaming vague terms...

but yes, wearing it, then fixing urself is ongoing...ofcourse. the point is to find when one is ready and mennered up enuf to wear it...that lies in the individual...

manners etc are also a lot more easy to justify than the hijab...wen u look at the isalmic sources and frm the life of our prophet...he alsways stressed on the inner veil more than the outer...

peace.

ps...i love and respect all for the sake of Allah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM

What is this inner 'veil'? Do you mean hayaa? Well at the end of the day sister, both are sinning. And neither sin should be belittled.

sevgi
09-10-2007, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

What is this inner 'veil'? Do you mean hayaa? Well at the end of the day sister, both are sinning. And neither sin should be belittled.
by inner veil, i mean anything which encompasses non-tangible areas of modesty...haya, manners, tongue, mind, spirit, actions, words, feelings...

yes..both are a sin..and neither can be belittled.surely..i think ive put that across...thank u for sharing ur thoughts.

peace.

bellagalore
09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
?

What is hard about wearing hijab? I have no comprehension of how it is harder to do so in western society than in any other society.

siFilam
09-11-2007, 01:58 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by bellagalore
?

What is hard about wearing hijab? I have no comprehension of how it is harder to do so in western society than in any other society.
its much easier to wear Niqab in a Muslim majority society than a western one. in a western society its against the norm to have everything covered except your eyes. I hope it makes sense.

Wasalam
-SI-

bellagalore
09-11-2007, 02:14 AM
its much easier to wear Niqab in a Muslim majority society than a western one. in a western society its against the norm to have everything covered except your eyes. I hope it makes sense.

Not really. No, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad I can't be bothered by whatever other people are doing.

So, its against the norm, so what? People stare at you? Maybe, but if you were wearing tight clothes I can promise you people would stare at you even more. And you wouldn't be dressed exactly like other people on the street if you did not cover up because everyone is dressed a little different anyways.

Come on- worried about what everyone else is wearing? That's just juvenile. How can any intelligent person be bothered with that issue?

Word of advice to all that think wearing hijab is easier when everyone else does it- If you stop caring about what other people are wearing, you will not care if they care what you are wearing. I promise.

siFilam
09-11-2007, 02:32 AM

Not really. No, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad I can't be bothered by whatever other people are doing.
So, its against the norm, so what? People stare at you? Maybe, but if you were wearing tight clothes I can promise you people would stare at you even more. And you wouldn't be dressed exactly like other people on the street if you did not cover up because everyone is dressed a little different anyways.
Not really, a sister with Niqab easily stands out in the crowd. And the stares and attention she gets are not similar what the girl with tight cloths receives. Tight clothing invites stares and attention. We are simply trying to abide by our religion when we cover up yet people are always reacting negatively.
There is a video on youtube where a white American girl wore the Niqab to wallmart. The attention she got wasn’t encouraging or inviting.

Come on- worried about what everyone else is wearing? That's just juvenile. How can any intelligent person be bothered with that issue?
What we wear reflects our personality. You can be fired from a job solely based on what you wear. It’s not something juvenile. Instead try to walk in the shoes of a Muslim woman in America.
Besides, we are not talking about what everyone else in the streets are wearing. We are debating about the proper use of Hijab by Muslim women.

Word of advice to all that think wearing hijab is easier when everyone else does it- If you stop caring about what other people are wearing, you will not care if they care what you are wearing. I promise.
Anything becomes easier when everyone else does it. This is not limited to the Hijab issue. In a Muslim society Hijab are accepted and tolerated. No one will throw insults at you on the streets or stop to look at you twice if you wear the Hijab. No one will look at you with negative impressions on their faces. but this is not the case in a western society. the reaction from the western society can discourage sisters from wearing Hijab.

Wasalam
-SI-

Md Mashud
09-11-2007, 02:57 AM
So, its against the norm, so what? People stare at you? Maybe, but if you were wearing tight clothes I can promise you people would stare at you even more.
Yes really, you feel less out of place. Sure people will stare at you maybe if you wear tight clothes as if you wore hijaab, but the underlying reason to it is why they are staring at you? Being in Western society, I hardly think you will be thinking they are staring at you to "check you out", rather than "whats with her", which always can be uncomfortable.

Thats not advice, its a common known fact - Its not so easy to not care about what other people are wearing, to assume it is so strongly and that if someone does otherwise makes them inferior is somewhat egoistic. You want to get along with people naturally and don't wish to feel insecure - its a normal trait in humans, one of the flaws maybe even, but it does exist. If you want to give advice, maybe say how one should overcome feeling this insecurity.

al-muslimah
09-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Asalamu Alaykum,

Nice topic and those girls who cover when ramadan comes and when its over reveal themselves are indeed hypocrites.As for those who cover their hair but where tight clothes,transparent,etc are a form of " KASIYAT 'ARIYAT" as revealed in the ahadeeth of the messenger of Allah and will never enter paradise nor even smell its fragrance.Me and my sisters were just talking about these kind of Seasonal Hijabis! last night since we see a lot of them in our masjid.

May Allah make them steadfast upon the religion since thats there problem.Ameen.

al-muslimah
09-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Whats wrong with wearing a Niqab I myself were it eventhough I sometimes get the weirdo look but I ignore themor say"boo!" sike.
weird look infact they come up to me and ask me about the deen and its also a source of da'wah.I know it sometimes difficult being covered from head to toe in a western society especially America after 9/11 but Allahs commandments I care about more instead of other peoples views.

Ina-allaha ma'a sabireen.Verily Allah is with the patient.

Wsalamu Alaykum

bellagalore
09-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Tight clothing invites stares and attention. We are simply trying to abide by our religion when we cover up yet people are always reacting negatively.
There is a video on youtube where a white American girl wore the Niqab to wallmart. The attention she got wasn’t encouraging or inviting.
Im just confused by this statement. The attention she got wasn't encouraging? Tight clothes get 'inviting' attention?

Think about how you view the world here. 'Inviting' attention means strangers, half of whom dont even believe in any God- those people want to have sex with you. This is a bad thing to incite in random people. This is not a feeling you should want with any bone in your body. When people stare at girls in niqab, they are frustrated and angry because they cant fantasize about having sex with them. Subconsciously or not, that is what their issue is, right? Causing this feeling in people should make you happy. In a small way, every time someone gives you a menacing glare for wearing hijab, you should know you have done them a good deed for you have let them feel pain for the base desires they want to project onto you. This is perfect reason to be happy.

When I wear the niqab, honest to God, it makes my heart sing. I think if someone else hadn't invented it, I would have come up with it myself. Hijab is a GIFT from God. If you had faaar greater gifts in math or physics or art than all the others around you, would you feel sad for being so gifted? They might envy you or try and cut you down. But by rights, you should only feel thankful to God for a great gift.

When the Prophet (PBUH) set down the verses about hijab, the women he spoke to weren't only surrounded by other veiled Muslims. There were plenty kuffr in Arabia at the time and his own followers went into that world being the veiled women when other women were often not. What women were more blessed than those that followed the Prophet (PBUH) himself? God did not give them the gift of hijab so that they could feel distressed around the kaffir. Everytime any sister feels harassed/shamed/*different* around those who do not believe, she should ponder- is this what Allah wants her to feel?

I will tell you what I feel- I feel absolutely content when I do what is righteous by God. It is a little spark of the feeling I have when I am concentrated on devotion and prayer. That is the feeling of the niqab.

Md Mashud
09-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Tight clothes get 'inviting' attention?
Yes, they do. You telling me girls don't want to be looked at like that in the World? They don't get that same look if they wearing a hijab - theres a difference.

bellagalore
09-11-2007, 03:59 AM
You telling me girls don't want to be looked at like that in the World?
All the girls that don't wear hijab want to be looked at that way. The point of wearing hijab is that you do not want to be looked at that way. The point is not that you wear it only because you fear punishment in the afterlife. What is punished in the afterlife is punished because it is bad in this life. These things are not arbitrary.

Md Mashud
09-11-2007, 04:01 AM
All the girls that don't wear hijab want to be looked at that way. The point of wearing hijab is that you do not want to be looked at that way. The point is not that you wear it only because you fear punishment in the afterlife. What is punished in the afterlife is punished because it is bad in this life. These things are not arbitrary.
The point was, girls who wear hijabs don't like to be looked at at all but they end up getting stared at ^o)

Malaikah
09-11-2007, 08:08 AM

Well, even if people start at women in hijab, at least they aren't perving at them.

sevgi
09-11-2007, 10:07 AM

Well, even if people start at women in hijab, at least they aren't perving at them.
lol:giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.