/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boys Guilty of Stoning Man to Death

Muezzin
08-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Five boys aged from 12 to 14 are found guilty of killing a father as he played cricket with his son.

The five burst into tears when the verdict was announced at the Old Bailey today. They were convicted of manslaughter and violent disorder.

67-year-old Ernest Norton was playing cricket with his son, James, 17, at a leisure centre in Erith, Kent, in February last year when they came under a hail of missiles.

Two stones struck Mr Norton on the temple, and he fell to the ground with a heart attack. His wife rushed to his side but he died on the scene.

The five defendants were some of the youngest ever to appear at the Old Bailey. One defendant, now 14, admitted while giving evidence at the trial he and his friends had ended up at the leisure centre because there was "nothing else to do".

Source

The Times have a fuller account.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Md Mashud
08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Stuff like this only strengthens the importance of religion in peoples lives. It is what cleanses and purifies people - keeping them away from such mentality..

wilberhum
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Stuff like this only strengthens the importance of religion in peoples lives. It is what cleanses and purifies people - keeping them away from such mentality..
Why do you assume there wasn't any religion in the children's lives?

It is a horrable tragedy. But don't make it about what it ain't.

Md Mashud
08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why do you assume there wasn't any religion in the children's lives?

It is a horrable tragedy. But don't make it about what it ain't.
With practiced religion, stuff like this just would be impossible to acheive and you can't convince me otherwise, Ive seen, read and studied too much on such matters now, and I do plan to make a huge article on the issue inshallah in the future.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
With practiced religion, stuff like this just would be impossible to acheive and you can't convince me otherwise, Ive seen, read and studied too much on such matters now, and I do plan to make a huge article on the issue inshallah in the future.
Do you assume that Bush and OBL don't practice "There" religion? :hmm:

It is not uncommon for kids to do stupid things.

Some times those stupid things destry lives.

Md Mashud
08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Do you assume that Bush and OBL don't practice "There" religion? :hmm:

It is not uncommon for kids to do stupid things.

Some times those stupid things destry lives.
Do I think Bush is practicing Christianity really? No, maybe its assumptious of me but you know to be president of USA you got to be a Christian *hint hint*. Sure im a Muslim, but I have respect for true followers of Christianity in terms of manners, some of the nicest people I know in character.

This incident, was too barbaric, too disgusting, only someone with no decency could ever do this. Religious people are far from perfect, but really practicing of religion does really influence and affect people, I can say from experience myself and of observations from others.

Do you have to be religious to be nice? No, but on a whole, you would find pious people very nice staistically. Would you find a pious person who is this barbaric? I don't know of any. We should not talk of terrorists because they don't fall under this category and it really is a completly different issue.

As for religious background of these guys, its really not about background. I know so many muslims - so called muslim - by parents. They would do alot of say, "bad deeds", or show improper character. However, one distinction you can make is, those who was really practicing the religion, they tried hard to maintain good character and deeds - while the other did not resist...

Being human, it is not your duty to be good but you have the choice to, but being religious it is your duty and its not a choice religiously, any rebelling is against the religion so obviously you will fight against stray..

Pk_#2
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
:-\ :laugh: :ooh: That was pathetic and cruel! :( :'(

sevgi
09-01-2007, 04:32 AM
i think more than religion it falls to the way in which parents teach their children moral values...etc,,,

obviously 'religious' individuals would bring up their children under the order of islamic/christian etc moral values...

but there are also socially accepted morals...killing is a wrong doing whether u are muslim or atheist etc...everyone knows that...if the world was practicing a religion...say islam..there would still be deaths and killings...we see misinetrpretations of islamic jurisprudence all the time...and ayah saying eg) "guide those who dnt knwo..." can be stretched by an idiot prcaticing islam to mean-"go and kill that old infidel..."
---just an extremem eg...

on the other hand...if the world was full of atheists...there may be total order due to what we accept as social morals...guided by nothing etc, we can accept the idea that atheist could live selfishly...affecting noone,...caring for noone...having no guidance from a religion or god, they may just fall into understanding what others want...--like...dnt do to other what u wouldnt want done to urself...
---another extreeme eg..

hope that makes sense...

Isambard
09-01-2007, 04:37 AM
From the boys' testimony and utter indifference, it sounds like they are sociopaths.

If true, proper parenting, nor any sort of religious affliations )or lack thereof) wouldve changed the outcome.

At least they caught'em now instead of when they are off enjoying a life of a seasoned serial killer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.