/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lovers Of The Hur Al-'Een

- Qatada -
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
asalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabaraka tuh

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

Lovers Of The Hur Al-'Een

Mujahid said, that Yazid Bin Shajara was amongst those whose deeds would testify his sayings. He stated the following during a Khutba (speech), "When the skies are opened and when the rows of unbelievers and believers are facing each other, the doors of Heaven and Hell are opened and the Hur Al-'Ain (woman of Jannah) who have big beautiful eyes and are well dressed, peer from the sky. When a Muslim moves forward they say, 'O Allah, help him'. And when he turns his back towards the enemy the Hur Al-'Ain cover their veil from him and say, 'O Allah, forgive him.' O people make an effort for this, may my parents be sacrificed for you, do not disgrace the Hur of Jannah. When a person is Shaheed, as the first drop of blood falls on the ground his sins fall down like the withering of leaves from trees and the Hur Al-Ain come down towards him and clean the soil from his face. He will then be presented with a gift of a hundred pairs of clothes, which will not be human made, but will be the creation of Jannah". He stated further that, "I have been informed that the keys to Paradise are swords". Ibn al-Mubarak, (p72). At Targheeb Wat Tarheeb, (p444, vol.2).

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: “Whoever controls his anger at the time when he has the means to act upon it, Allaah will call him before all of mankind on the Day of Resurrection, and will let him choose of the Hoor al-‘Ayn whoever he wants.” (Reported by Aboo Daawood, 4777, and others. It is classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 6518).

Al-Hoor Al-'Eeyn

"So [it will be] and We shall marry them to Houris with wide lovely eyes." [44:54]

al-Hoor is the plural of Hooraa', which is a woman, the white parts of her eyes intensely white, and the black is intensely black. al-'Eeyn is the plural for 'Aynaa, which is the woman whose eyes are wide.

The Qur'aan describes al-Hoor al-'Eeyn as being firm and full-breasted:

"Verily, for al-Muttaqoon, there will be a success; gardens and grapeyards and young full-breasted [mature] maidens of equal age." [78:31-33]

Al-Hoor al-'Eeyn are creatures that Allaah (swt) has made especially for Paradise, and has made them virgins:

"Verily, We have created [their companions] of special creation, and made them virgin-pure [and undefiled], beloved [by nature], equal in age." [56:35-37]
The fact that they are virgins means that no-one has ever married them before:

"...whom no man or jinn has touched before them." [55:56]
The Qur'an also speaks of the beauty of the women of al-Jannah:

"And [there will be] Houris with wide lovely eyes [as wives for the pious], Like unto preserved pearls." [56:22-23]

Maknoon ["preserved"] means hidden or protected, something whose colour is not changed by exposure to sunlight or by being tampered with. Elsewhere, Allaah likens them to rubies and coral, two beautiful precious stones:

"In them will be [maidens] restraining their glances, whom no man or jinn has touched before them, Then which of the favours of your Rabb will you deny? Like unto rubies and coral." [55:56-58]

al-Hoor are also described as restraining their gaze upon their husbands i.e. they restrict their gaze and don't let their eyes wander to others. Allaah (swt) has stated that they are very beautiful, and it is sufficient to know that Allaah (swt) said:
"In them will be fair [companions] good and beautiful; then which of the favours of your Rabb will you deny? Companions restrained [as to their glances] in [goodly] pavilions" [55:70-72]

The women are not like the women of this world. They are free of al-Hayd [menstruation], an-Nifaas [post-natal bleeding], spittle, mucus, urine and stools. This is what is referred to in the aayah:

"..And they shall have therein Azwaajun Mutahharatun [purified mates]" [2:25]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) told us about the beauty of the wives of the People of Paradise. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim reported from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, "...the marrow of whose leg-bones will be visible through the flesh because of their extreme beauty." [as-Saheeh, Kitaab al-Khalq, Baab Maa Jaa'a fi Sifaat al-Jannah, Fath al-Baari, 6/318 and Muslim in Kitaab al-Jannah wa Sifaat Na'eem ahlilhaa, Baab awwal zumrah tadkhul al-Jannah, 4/2178, no. 2834]

Look at this beauty that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) described! Can you find any comparison to it in the world that you know?!:

"If one of the women of Paradise were to look at the people of this world, everything in between them would be lit up and filled with her fragrance. The veil on her head is better than this world and everything in it." [al-Bukhaari, in as-Saheeh, Kitaab al-Jihaad, Baab wa Zawwajnahum bi Hoor-'Eeyn. Fath al-Baari, 6/15]

The smallest number of wives that any one man will have in Paradise is seventy-two. It was reported that the Shaheed will have seventy two wives from amongst al-Hoor a--'Eeyn [Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 3/357, no. 3834, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Maajah from al-Miqdaam ibn Ma'd Yakrib]

The Jealousy of al-Hoor al-Eeyn over their Husbands in this World

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) told us that al-Hoor feel jealous over their husbands in this world, if the wife of one of them upsets him. Ahmad and at-Tirmidhi report with a saheeh isnaad from Mu'aadh that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)
said,

"No woman in this world upsets her husband but his wife from among al-Hoor al-'Eeyn will say, "Do not upset him, may Allaah kill you! For he is with you only temporarily, and soon he will leave you and come to us.'" [Saheeh al-Jaami' as-Sagheer, 6/125, no. 7069]

wa 'alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabaraka tuh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
09-07-2005, 01:36 PM
erm, wow...

Subhanallah, sounds good doesnt it, just wondering though, do you think you could just keep our wife??

:brother:

JYA
09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Salamualalaikum akhi,

Regarding whether we can just keep our own wife of duniya in jannah, the answer to that from what I have heard from reliable sources is yes, and that apparently the muslim women of this world will be even more beatiful than the hoor al ayn when they reach jannah. It is said that you will spend 40 or 80 years (forgot which one) just staring at your wife in jannah at her immense beaty, this is the same wife as the one you had already but when they will go to jannah inshAllah, Allah will make them extremely beatiful even more beatiful than the Hoor Al Ayn.

InshAllah if someone finds an article answering that Q please post it cos it will show the proofs of it inshAllah. Otherwise when I find it ill post it inshAllah.

Wassalamualaikum.

Umm Safiya
09-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Assalâmu 'alaykum..

I was wondering.. What does a woman get, when she'll go to jannah?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
madeenahsh
09-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Asalaam alykum warahmatuallahi wabarakatuh

SubhanAllah SubhanAllah

Allah loves us soo much yet we hardly realise this SubhanAllah

InshAllah Kheir
Barakatuallahi feekum
Wasallam alykum

Peace&Justice
09-08-2005, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Amira
Assalâmu 'alaykum..

:sl:

Secondly:

The situation of the believing woman in Paradise will be better than the situation of the hoor al-‘iyn; she will be higher in status and more beautiful. Several ahaadeeth and reports have been narrated concerning that, but none of them can be proven to be sound. But if a righteous woman from among the people of this world enters Paradise, then she will do so as a reward for her righteous deeds and as a honour from Allaah to her for her religious commitment and righteousness. As for the hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter, no matter how beautiful she is, is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she is subject to the command of her believing master for whom Allaah created her as a reward.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does the description of the hoor al-‘iyn include the women of this world?

He replied:

It seems to me that the women of this world will be better than the hoor al-‘iyn, even in outward appearance, and Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb.

We ask Allaah the Almighty to give us the best of that which He gives to His believing slaves.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Umm Safiya
09-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Barak Allâhu fiik/fiiki..

- Qatada -
09-23-2006, 12:51 PM
:salamext:

bump

Al-Zaara
09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JYA
Salamualalaikum akhi,

Regarding whether we can just keep our own wife of duniya in jannah, the answer to that from what I have heard from reliable sources is yes, and that apparently the muslim women of this world will be even more beatiful than the hoor al ayn when they reach jannah. It is said that you will spend 40 or 80 years (forgot which one) just staring at your wife in jannah at her immense beaty, this is the same wife as the one you had already but when they will go to jannah inshAllah, Allah will make them extremely beatiful even more beatiful than the Hoor Al Ayn.

InshAllah if someone finds an article answering that Q please post it cos it will show the proofs of it inshAllah. Otherwise when I find it ill post it inshAllah.

Wassalamualaikum.

Sounds good to me! :D
Then why do the men even need the Hoor al-Ayn when their own wife is so much more beautiful than all the Hoor al-Ayn there in Jannah? :okay: :D lol

Abdulwaheed
09-23-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

Then why do the men even need the Hoor al-Ayn when their own wife is so much more beautiful than all the Hoor al-Ayn there in Jannah? :okay: :D lol

Maybe for people who didnt get married :? ;D

May Allah make the path to Jannah easy for us

Al-Zaara
09-23-2006, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
Maybe for people who didnt get married :? ;D

May Allah make the path to Jannah easy for us
Yeah, of course...!!! :D But I meant for the married ones...

Ameen to the dua!!!

Abdulwaheed
09-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah, of course...!!! :D But I meant for the married ones...

Ameen to the dua!!!

Hmm maybe its for the men who's wives arent good to them? i cant imagine why a man would want another woman if his wife is so beautiful he will be staring at her for up to 40 years.

- Qatada -
09-23-2006, 01:50 PM
:wasalamex

check this thread for questions like that insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...luptuous+women

Tania
09-23-2006, 02:15 PM
It means he loves deeply his wife if he will be able to give at 72 women for one:)

Ghazi
09-23-2006, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
Hmm maybe its for the men who's wives arent good to them? i cant imagine why a man would want another woman if his wife is so beautiful he will be staring at her for up to 40 years.

I can

Durrah
09-23-2006, 02:57 PM

How about we try and work for jannah first folks :)

If and when we get there inshallah, then we can debate about all that ish. Afterall, it'll be for all eternity! lol.

Anyways, in jannah, you can have and do anything your heart desires. Who cares about having more partners. I wanna fly like Superman! :D

Abdulwaheed
09-23-2006, 11:37 PM
I think you mean you want to fly like superwoman :p

The whole of our lives is a struggle to please Allah and make Jannah our home in the hereafter. May Allah help us on our way

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-24-2006, 12:34 AM
InshAllah lol.
May Allah(swt) guide us all to able to reside in Jannah, Ameen!

DAWUD_adnan
09-27-2006, 08:31 PM
AAMEEN! wa Allahu akbar!

Muslimeen
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Because we men are never satisfied. Allah has prohibited us from having more than 4 wives in this world, but most only have 1 in any case. Why do the eyes of men always wander?? It's not just the guy who has a wife that is not very beautiful that will look at other women. Some men have really pretty wives but still they look at other women, why??? It's in the nature of man. Children of Adam will never be satisfied. I once heard in a bayaan that all the women in this world will not satisfy a mans desire, so that's why allah has made the women of Jannah and stresses about them as a reward for those who curb their desires in this world. Only when a person gets the hur's of Jannah will he be satisfied. Even then Allah is so merciful that he has thrown in a few bonuses. It's like even though you have a Ferrari, you can also have a porsche, Merc, Bmw etc. etc. Get the picture.

Muslimeen
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Safiya
Assalâmu 'alaykum..

Unlimited shopping pleasure, shop till you drop, never worry about your husband getting upset for spending too much money. Being treated like a Queen, clothes and jewellery to your hearts content. Common we talking about jannah, she will get whatever her heart desires, and NO! she won't desire her husband to have no Hooris.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-25-2010, 10:51 PM
MashaAllaah and lol at Shopping in Jannah SubhaanAllaah

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2010, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
Because we men are never satisfied. Allah has prohibited us from having more than 4 wives in this world, but most only have 1 in any case. Why do the eyes of men always wander?? It's not just the guy who has a wife that is not very beautiful that will look at other women. Some men have really pretty wives but still they look at other women, why??? It's in the nature of man.
no it isnt. stop using silly excuses to justify sinful actions. if a guy with this mentality actually bothered to rectify his conditions and tried to lower his gaze then i highly doubt that he would look around, even when married to an attractive woman.

the things people come up with :hmm:

besides i thought the man only gets 2 wives in jannah, except the shaheed who gets 72 :?

Unlimited shopping pleasure, shop till you drop, never worry about your husband getting upset for spending too much money. Being treated like a Queen, clothes and jewellery to your hearts content. Common we talking about jannah, she will get whatever her heart desires, and NO! she won't desire her husband to have no Hooris.
what if she hates shopping?

Muslimeen
06-28-2010, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan

no it isnt. stop using silly excuses to justify sinful actions. if a guy with this mentality actually bothered to rectify his conditions and tried to lower his gaze then i highly doubt that he would look around, even when married to an attractive woman.

the things people come up with :hmm:?
I am in no way condoning a man to look at other women, merely highlighting the nature of man. It is by no means acceptable that a man looks at strange women no matter what the circumstances may be, ugly wife, pretty wife or no wife. It is haraam, period. All I am saying is that the difficulty of a task determines the reward, the difficulty for a man to control his gaze is only known to a man, and obviously his creator Allah. Hence the reward is equal to the difficulty of the deed.

besides i thought the man only gets 2 wives in jannah, except the shaheed who gets 72 :?
The minimum a person will have will be two. The minimum a shaheed will have is 72. As per my knowledge these are minimum amounts of Hur's a person will get, the upper bracket I once heard was actually quite high, can't recall the actual figure though.

what if she hates shopping?
There will be tons of other entertainment, remember in Jannah you only do things because you want to, not because you have a need for it. Like eating for example, you do it for the sheer pleasure of it, not becuase you are hungry. Imagine eating all you want without getting FAT, nice hey. Shopping in jannah is not like it is in this world by the way. You don't need to carry cash, or credit cards or bother with busy shopping malls etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.