/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need information about these books

Ummu Sufyaan
09-02-2007, 06:22 AM
:sl:
i dont have the authors for all of them, bt if anyione has read the following books, please in breif, tell me what they are abou.
al usool al thalathah
alqawa3idul arba3ah
kitab al tawheed wal wasitiyyah,
and ibn uthaimeen's alqawa3idul mathaliyy

now i hav heard of kitaab al-tawhid, by imam ibn abdul-wahhaab.
and i have head of al-Aqeedah tul wastaaniyah (dont know the author, but sh. uthaymeen has done the interpretation of it. (sharh al-Aqeedah tul wastaaniyah)

are the two above books in italics the same as kitab al tawheed wal wasitiyyah, as mentioned in the first paragraph. or are they three completly different books.

jazakallahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
09-03-2007, 12:56 AM

All these books you have listed touch on the core of Aqeedah (Islamic Belief) and thats Tawheed. Usul Thalaatha and Qawa'idul Arba'a along with Kitaab Tawheed are all written by Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab and they were written in a time when the arabic peninsula was engulfed in minor aswell as major Shirk and all these books the Shaykh wrote deals with the sound Aqeedah every muslim should have and it warns against Shirk in its many different forms.

As for Aqeedat-ul-Wasatiyah, its written by Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah.

Usul-Thalaatha
Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab, rahimatullah, who wrote this in order to convey to every Muslim that which is obligatory upon him to know - in fact, the "three principles" are based on the three questions that we will all be asked in our graves.

Qaw'idul Arba'a

In this book, the author explains the dangerous concept of shirk through four simple principles. The sin of Shirk- or associating partners with Allah - is the most reprehensible act that a person can do. It is for this one reason that that this sin is the one sin that Allah has promised He will never forgive. Unfortunately, many muslims who are unaware of the reality of shirk fall into it out of ignorance. This short treatise is an ideal work for the muslims in order to understand the essence of shirk, and thus essential reading for the one that wishes to avoid falling into the greatest trap of Shaytaan.

Kitaab Tawheed

The book, as the title suggests, deals with the subject of worshipping Allah alone without associating partners with Him. The author highlights many matters that have become common among Muslims even though they are clearly acts of shirk or associating partners with Allah. Not only is this book distinguished due to the importance of the subject matter but also due to the methodology adopted by the author for which he is well known. The reader will find that the majority of the book consists of verses of the Qur'an, ahadith of the Prophet (pbuh), and sayings of the early Muslims.

Aqeedat-ul-Wasatiyah

al-Aqeedah al-Waasittiyah, one of his (Ibn Taymiyyah) more famous books, was written in response to a request from one judge from Wasith. He asked ibn Taymiyyah to write his views about theology in Islam. This book contains several chapters. In the first chapter ibn Taymiyyah defines one group that's called al-Firq an-Najiyah (the group of survival). He quoted one Hadith in which Muhammad promised that there will be one group of his followers to stay on the truth until the day of resurrection. This chapter also contains the definition of jamaah and states that only one of the seventy three Muslim sects will enter Jannah.

Chapter two contains the view of Ahl as-Sunnah wal-Jamm'ah regarding the attributes of Allah based on the Qur'an and Sunnah without ta'teel (rejection), tamtsil (anthropomorphism), tahreef (changing Allah's attributes), and takyif (questioning Allah's attributes). This book also contains the Six articles of belief for Muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-03-2007, 03:49 AM
jazakallahu khair brother.
do these books have a shrah (interpretation) to them. i know the last two do, but what about the first two.

jzcasejz
09-03-2007, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
do these books have a shrah (interpretation) to them. i know the last two do, but what about the first two.
Wa'alaykum Salaam

There's audios explanations of it online for free.

Usool ath-Thalaatha - Explained by Abu Abdis-Salaam
al-Qawaaid al-Arba'ah - Explained by Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaan

As for books, well Usool ath-Thalaatha has an explanation by Shaykh Uthaymeen which can be bought from here.

As for al-Qawaaid al-Arba'ah, I don't know of any English explanations available.

And also, what's this 'kitab al tawheed wal wasitiyyah' ? Did you get the name from an article or something? Can't say I've ever heard of that book... Allaahu A'lam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ilm.seeker
09-03-2007, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
Al-Usooluth-Thalaathah ( Three Principles ) - by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahaab
The Three Fundamental Principles addresses the three questions which the person will be asked in the grave
Al-Qawaid Al-Arb'aa (Four Principles) - Shaykul Islaam Muhammed Ibn 'Abdul-Wahhab

Aqeedatut Wasitiyah
Kitaab Tawheed

FREE ONLINE COURSE ON TAWHEED AND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FAITH
Our need is to learn the major aspects of Aqeedah in a simplistic and systematic way, for which this course is based on the exemplary book, "Aqeedah at-Tawheed" by Al-Allamah Ash-Shaikh Saaleh bin Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullah) - who is among the major scholars of our times and a member of the prestigious Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fatawa.

This course covers all the essential principles of Aqeedah that a Muslim is required to know and practice - from the categories of Tawheed to what negates and defies it, like Shirk, Kufr, Nifaq, Fisq, Riddah and Bidah.

The book has been explained by Dr Abdullah Al-Farsi (hafidhahullah), who has included in his explanation references from Major scholars of the past and present, and clarifications on contemporary misunderstandings.Click Here for full details on the course and to view the complete series in video.

Al-Fawzaan's, Aqeedah at-Tawheed (MP3 Media Format)
( Audio Series )

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Section 1: Chapter 1 and 2
Deviation in Human Life | Shirk - Definition and Types
| Audio Duration: 32 min [Level:0]

Section 1: Chapter 3, 4 and 5
Kufr (Infidelity): Its Definition and Types | Nifaq (Hypocrisy): Definition and Types | Jahiliyyah, Fisq, Dhalal, Riddah: Its Types and Rulings
[Level:0]

Section 2: Chapter 1 to 4
Claiming the knowledge of the unseen, palm reading and cup reading, etc. | Sorcery, Divination, and Soothsaying | Making offerings, vows, gifts, mazar, and graves with reverence | The Ruling on revering commemorative statues, monuments and idols

Section 2: Chapter 5

Section 2: Chapter 6 to 7
Ruling by other than what Allah revealed | Claiming the Right of Legislation, Legalization and Illegalization

Section 2: Chapter 8
Ruling on Joining Atheists Sects, and Parties of Ignorance.

Section 2: Chapter 9
Materialism Theory of Life and its Malicious Effects

Section 2: Chapter 10
Charms and Amulets

Section 2: Chapter 11
The Ruling of Swearing by other than Allah and seeking means of access to Allah (Tawassul) through a human

Section 3: Chapter 1
The incumbency of loving the Messenger of Allah, and revering him. Prohibition of praising him excessively. Status and Rank of the Prophet

Section 3: Chapter 2 to 3
The incumbency of obeying the Prophet and emulating him | The legitimacy of supplicating Allah to exalt the Messenger's mention and render him safe from evils.

Section 3: Chapter 4
The Merits of the Prophet's household and their rights upon the Muslims to be fulfilled without negligence or excess

Section 3: Chapter 5 to 6
The Merits of the Companions and the Stance of Ahl as Sunnah wal Jama`ah with regards to what took place among them | The Prohibitions of abusing the Companions and the Imams of guidance

Section 4: Chapter 1
The definition of Bid'ah, its kinds and rulings

Section 4: Chapter 2
The reasons of the prevalence of Bid'ah

Section 4: Chapter 3 to 4
The Stance of The Muslim Ummah in responding to the innovators | Some examples of the contemporary innovations

Section 5 Part 1 | Part 2 |
Meaning of al-Aqeedah, and an explanation of its importance in view of the fact that it is the basis on which the entire structure of the Deen stands | The Sources of Aqeedah, and the Manhaj (way) of the Salaf in deriving and learning it | Deviation from the Aqeedah and Means of avoiding it

Section 6: Chapter 1 Part 1 | Part 2 |
Meaning of Tawheed ar-Rububiyah and its affirmation by the Mushrikeen

Section 6: Chapter 2 to 5
Meaning of the word, 'ar-Rabb' in the Qur'aan and the Sunnah as opposed to concepts of the misguided nations and their refutation | The Universe and its natural instinct of submission and obedience to Allah | Methodology of the Qur'aan in affirming the Existence of Allah and His Oneness | Tawheed ar-Rububiyah necessities Tawheed al-Uluhiyah

Section 6: (contd.) - Section 7: Chapter 1
Meaning of Tawheed al-Uluhiyah and the fact that it was the main object of the Dawah of all Prophets

Section 7: Chapter 2 to 4 Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 |
The Shahadatain (two testimonies); its meaning, pillars, conditions, requisites and nullifiers | Legislation | Al-Ibadah: Its Meaning and what it comprises

Section 7: Chapter 5 to 6
Misunderstandings in defining al-Ibadah | Pillars of the Correct Ubudiyah

Section 8 - Tawheed Al-Asmaa was-Sifaat
Proofs from the Qur'aan, the Sunnah and Aql (intellect) for the establishment of the Names and Attributes (of Allah) | Manhaj of the Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah concerning the Names and Attributes of Allah | Refuting those, who deny all the Attributes of Allah or deny some of them

Ummu Sufyaan
09-03-2007, 04:57 AM
jazakallahu khair.
ermm. just a peice of advice brother, and please dont take offence to this. I know your intentoins are well, however, in regards to me, when i ask for something, please dont overwhelm me with info i didn't ask for. It makes me feel a little overwhelmed thats all.
jazakllahu khair anyways.

ilm.seeker
09-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Dear Sister,

AsSalam Alaikum,

When I reply, I make it comprehensive so that other brothers and sisters may benefit from the same, insha Allah,
execpt that I dont have any other intentions.

Sorry if this caused inconvenience to you sister.

wasalam

Ummu Sufyaan
09-03-2007, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Wa'alaykum Salaam

There's audios explanations of it online for free.

Usool ath-Thalaatha - Explained by Abu Abdis-Salaam
al-Qawaaid al-Arba'ah - Explained by Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudyaan

As for books, well Usool ath-Thalaatha has an explanation by Shaykh Uthaymeen which can be bought from here.

As for al-Qawaaid al-Arba'ah, I don't know of any English explanations available.

[I]And also, what's this 'kitab al tawheed wal wasitiyyah' ? Did you get the name from an article or something? Can't say I've ever heard of that book...[/I] Allaahu A'lam.

im not sure, i got these book titles form an inteview with sh shuraim. i was a litttle confused myself as to wether it was 1 book or two different books, as it didn't make it clear in the inteview. but it seems as if they are to different books.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.