/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaytan locked up in Ramadan?

BanGuLLy
09-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I just wanted to know if Shaytans locked up in Ramadan.. then why do we still commit sins... I know some people are gonna say oh its free will... but a lot of people told me its the shaytan that gives you bad ideas and whispers them into you... So if theres no one to tempt you to do bad things... then why do we still comitt sins... Is it just free will after all? or maybe shaytan doesnt exist? and it was just created to blame it on something cause of the bad actions we do...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
09-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Not every evil is from the influence of Shaytaan. Some of the evil truely comes from the people themselves.

Malaikah
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
:sl:

The soul is already inclined to sin, we were never made so that the only time we sin is because the devil suggested it to us.

Plus some of the effects of the whispers of the devil still remain. For example he get you into listening to music, now that you are hooked you don't need the devil to keep telling you to listen because you have already discovered it and liked it.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-04-2007, 11:03 AM
i think you will find this useful.
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=37965&ln=eng

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taimur_9000
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
What i have heard is only the main big shaitaan are locked up the little ones are still about i will try and find a source i forgot where i read that.

InToTheRain
09-04-2007, 11:10 AM
yup. The Nafs that shaytan helped develop throughout the 11 months remains. I think Shaytan goes on holiday when he realises the persons Nafs are so well developed that the Sins they commit are greater then they can Suggest during those 11 months :ooh:

:w:

BanGuLLy
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Whats "Nafs" :hiding: :?

Md Mashud
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Imagine a boy, he can do right or wrong normally due to free will. Free will can turn to good or bad by normal desires, selfishness and greed of one.

The shaaytan, is just added influence. Like if that boy was to hang around with thugs/gangs, he would be more influenced to do evil!

If only the shaaytan could make us do evil, then we would have no freewill!

YusufNoor
09-05-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
Theres no difference with my conscience between ramadan and any other month...
:cry:

then your conscience needs a little more info! ALL fard acts of Ibadah are rewarded AT LEAST 70X more than in other months(and as much a 700 times or more! and Laylatal Qadr, WOW!!! as good as ONE THOUSAND months of worship!!! ) and volountary Ibadah are rewarded as though they were fards!

know that fasting properly is required for your fast to be accepted, so by changing your intention and making it better, Allah(swt) will assist you and reward you more.

once you realize the FULL and MANY Benefits and Blessings of Rhamadan, your conscience will eventually catch on Insha' Allah!

May Allah(swt) make it easy on you!

:w:

NoName55
09-05-2007, 01:18 AM
if Shaytans locked up in Ramadan.. then why do we still commit sins.
could it be because he aint alone, his millions of human assistants carry on his work?

NoName55
09-05-2007, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
Whats "Nafs" :hiding: :?
ego?

Good Shepherd
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
BanGuLLy
Whats "Nafs"
Allow me to explain:

The Nafs is the lower bestial desires.

The thing that can drag you into Jahannum if not kept under constant surveillance.

The urge to gratify the natural desires, the lethargy to do good deeds.

All this is the Nafsani Trickery.

Therefore people still commit evil in the month of Ramadhaan, because

even though all the main and powerful Shayateen are locked up, the small

and weak Shayateen still roam about, spreading evil in the hearts of Muslims,

although the urge to commit evil is weaker in the month of Ramadhaan

compared to the other months, because now it's only the weak Shayateen

and your Nafs that are trying to stop you from doing good deeds.

BanGuLLy
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
k Thanks for explaining...

Nobody
09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Selam

Where is he locked up ?

glo
09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Reading through this thread, there seems to be much confusion about this topic.

Even the link Maryam provided doesn't seem very clear on the topic.
Without any offense to previous posters, does anybody have a clear scholarly explanation on
  • whether just Satan himself is chained up, but lesser demons can still cause sin, or
  • Satan is locked up but 'can still move about' ans continue to cause sin (as indicated in Maryam's link), or
  • not all sin comes from Satan, but has other causes ...?

Thanks

Abdul-Raouf
09-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Even the most perfect jinn - Azazeel... was made to dis obey ALLAH.. by his own Nafs... thus his beautiful name 'Azazeel' was renamed to 'Iblis'.....

So Take Care of your Nafs...
Heaven is just 2 steps away.. put ur first step on Nafs.. then the second step in heaven.... :)

I have put the above info in relation to the below threads.....
>>http://www.islamicboard.com/miscellaneous/49420-shaytan-locked-up-ramadan.html#post824117
>>http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-humour/49289-somebodys-going-going-away-few-days-time.html

Our brother in islam.. Good Shepherd geve the belo info...

format_quote Originally Posted by Good Shepherd
Allow me to explain:

The Nafs is the lower bestial desires.

The thing that can drag you into Jahannum if not kept under constant surveillance.

The urge to gratify the natural desires, the lethargy to do good deeds.

All this is the Nafsani Trickery.

Therefore people still commit evil in the month of Ramadhaan, because

even though all the main and powerful Shayateen are locked up, the small

and weak Shayateen still roam about, spreading evil in the hearts of Muslims,

although the urge to commit evil is weaker in the month of Ramadhaan

compared to the other months, because now it's only the weak Shayateen

and your Nafs that are trying to stop you from doing good deeds.

niler
09-23-2007, 09:32 PM
i was listenening to a sermon just two days ago.the sheikh said,the shaitans are indeed all locked, but we are so used to doin evil for eleven good months so its our nafs that is inclining us to do evil. <but considering the main source of evil is locked inshaallah we will be able to avoid evil deeds if we exercise ijtihaad. inshaalah with Allah's help we will be among the pious, AAMIIN>

bewildred
09-23-2007, 09:46 PM
"Annafsou ammaratoun bi assou' " and even the demons are locked too. Where? I have no idea. I'm here to learn from you.

Sometimes, newbies like me are eager to get some answers to their questions. This forum is so big and rich with sections and sub-sections, it's sometimes bewildering. So, they venture to ask their queries. To the more experienced users of this board, these questions are redundant and they can get pretty rude with the newbies.

So, please, be patient with us and never forget the precept of our religion and what made it so unique.

Bewildred S.

P.S: Yay, I'm a full member !!!!!!

Umm Yoosuf
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

All off topics have being deleted!

I think many people have missed the answer to the question asked:

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
i think you will find this useful.
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=37965&ln=eng

How can sins happen in Ramadaan when the devils are chained up?

Question:
I heard the imam mention that the shaytan is not present in the month of Ramadhan. If this is true why is it hard for a muslim to stay away from sins during the month of ramadan even if the muslim is performing his or her regular duties.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The idea that the devils are not present in Ramadaan is not correct. What is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is that the devils are chained up during Ramadaan.

Al-Bukhaari (1899) and Muslim (1079) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.”

See question no. 39736.

Al-Qurtubi said:

If it is said, How come we see many evil actions and sins happening in Ramadaan? If the devils are chained up that would not happen.

The answer is that evil actions are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and taking care to observe the proper etiquette; or that only some of the devils are chained up, namely the maarids (strong ones), and not all of them, as it says in some reports; or that evils are reduced in this month, which is something noticeable – fewer evils happen in this month than in others. If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 466):

How can we reconcile between the idea that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan and the fact the people commit sin?

He replied:

The fact that sin happens in Ramadaan does not contradict the report that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan, because the fact that they are chained up does not prevent them from moving. Hence it says in the hadeeth: “And the strong devils are chained up, and they cannot achieve what they usually achieve (at other times).” Narrated by Ahmad, 7857; this hadeeth was mentioned by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Targheeb, 586; he said: it is da’eef jiddan (very weak).

It does not mean that the devils do not move at all, rather they can move and lead people astray, but their activities during Ramadaan are not like their activities at other times.

Islam Q&A
Also read this very benefical article on the Explanation of Hadeeth "Shayaateen are locked up"

http://www.therighteouspath.com/hade...enlockedup.pdf

thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.