/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hillwalking - Missing namaaz!?!?!

bamboozled
09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Asalamulikum,
My question is relatively simple. I am interested in taking part in a days hillwalking (and evantually 5days worth)and am worried about missing my nammaz. The terrain and wheather conditions will mean it is not possible to read as i go and the direction in which i need to pray will constantly be changing. Wuzu will also be difficult.

(I am aware of if there is no water present the actions of wuzu are fine and you can sit down and pray, but it is still quite impractical, what do you advice?)

My questions are is there any way to overcome this as i do not want to miss my namaaz or shall i just forget about doing the walk?

And if it is possible to do over one day, is there anyway to do it over 5? can i read nammaz in advance ( <--- I know you cant, but just incase!)

Thank you
Allahfiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kh@led
10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
:salamext:

Namaz is far more important than any other worldly tasks and as far as I know, you cannot pray salah in advance.

I don't see much problem in praying your salah when you set your camp for the day.

Not sure but I guess you can read kasar namaz (salat in short) while you are on hillwalking. Better ask someone knowledgable about this.

Malaikah
10-20-2007, 05:29 AM
:sl:

You might want to find out whether you classify as a traveller, in which case you can shorter/join prayers... I'm not sure how it works though... worth looking in to it.

HJM
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM

when u r in traveling sitution then u can pray kasar namaz.....

and if u r not able to do wazu u just do actions of wazu.....which is called " Tayammum"

and if direction of qibla is not confirmed....u can pray namaz to any direction assuming that direction as Qibla....

JazakAllah

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Taalibah~
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
One should do his utmost best to read his Namaaz. I think that if you travel for less than 15 days (correct me if i'm wrong) then Qasr namaaz can be read. If water isn't available then tayyamum can be made. If you don't know the direction of Qibla then whichever way your heart tells you is fine. You could take a compass...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.