PDA

View Full Version : Official T20 Cricket World Cup Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

M..x
09-23-2007, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3isha
think sis b4 u speak

we'll seee innit
india already shwn pakistan lol, they beat em init, last tym,, not too long ago, looool

and they gna do it again
inshallah
:p :) Ya ya i'll memba dat nex tym...Lyk it wudn leme edit tha post ^o) ...
Bravvv Lukkkkk yeeehhhhh dey lost 2 a poxy bowl out, Pakis wer playin heavy dat game, so der bowlers wernt up 2 scratch, lets not foget Pakistan beatn em bare tymz befo iswell...so lets all just take a deep breath and jus admit pakistan r tha best and make baaareeee duas that they show ther talent tmaw...Amen 2 that :p Boooooooooooo indiaaaaaa ...HEHEHEHEEEEEEEE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
:sl:

EDIT - Thread closure has been postponed until tomorrow Insha'Allaah!

Yanal
09-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Is their any more cricket stuff coming my dad so lazy he just putted the dish on when it is the finals man i missed it so any mroe cricket stuff

Abdul-Raouf
09-24-2007, 05:42 AM

India gona win.... :)

India never been lost to Pak in ODI WCs.... Hope that wonderful record continues in T20I WC toooo....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Nothing Ever Stays The Same.....something Has To Change Sometime Come On Pakistan

Abdul-Raouf
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Fasten your seatbelts one last time ! .....

Sheduled to start @ 5.30pm IST (12pm GMT)....

------
09-24-2007, 09:35 AM
:salamext:

Pakistan come on, make my day Inshaa Allaah! :D

------
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM

Hello and welcome to Cricinfo's coverage of the final of the ICC World Twenty20.

It's India versus Pakistan and no-one could have scripted a bigger finish to this tournament.

I'm Anand Vasu and I'll be your commentator for this game, along with Jamie Alter.

The early news concerns the two teams. Virender Sehwag has not recovered from his groin injury and will have to miss this game. He is replaced by Dinesh Karthik.

Pakistan have also made one change, bringing in Yasir Arafat in place of Fawad Alam.

Our man at the ground is S Rajesh and he says: "The atmosphere is building up, and the support for India is much more than for Pakistan at the moment."

Rajesh is hard at work but he tells us: "It's a pretty hot day here, and there are already queues at the beer counters"

The pitch looks absolutely flat, and everything points towards an absolute run-feast.

"Plenty of locals at the ground too, even though South Africa are not playing today," says Rajesh. "I guess it shows the appeal of Twenty20 cricket - it's much easier to be a neutral fan here. There are still some empty seats around, but today being a national holiday - it's National Heritage Day - the ground should fill up pretty soon"

The two captains are now walking out for the toss.
India has won the toss and has decided to bat.

------
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM

Dhoni calls heads and it is a head. India have won the toss and chosen to bat against Pakistan.

Dhoni says that Sehwag still has a groin niggle and will be replaced by Yusuf Pathan the all-rounder. He says India will stick to their strategy of batting first and putting a good score on the board. Dhoni thinks 180 is a good score.

Shoaib Malik, for his part, says he's not too disappointed at losing the toss. He would have bowled first in any case. His aim is to keep India down to 150-160.
Inshaa Allaah :D

AmarFaisal
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
:exhausted :exhausted
OH I am too nervous n cricinfo is not loading on me pc..can someone pliz tell me some other site with live coverage?

------
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM

U can chek it out on the bbc website sis:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7009019.stm

------
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM

Umar Gul to Yuvraj Singh, OUT, Gone! That's the big one for Pakistan. Yuvraj, who was a bit quiet against the spinners targets Umar Gul.

Yuvraj goes for a big pull to a ball that's banged in about halfway down the pitcth. The ball gets a bit big on the batsman and takes the top edge and goes straight up in the air. Gul takes no chances, calls the catch his own and settles comfortably under it. That's a huge wicket for Pakistan in this big final

[yeh but we need to get GAMBHIR out coz he's made 62 runs off 44 balls :-\]

------
09-24-2007, 01:10 PM

Umar Gul to Dhoni, OUT, Gul on fire!

Another big, big wicket for Pakistan as Dhoni has an almighty heave at a full ball and does not quite make contact. The ball is coming in with the angle and homing in on the stumps. If Dhoni had connected that was going out of the ground.

As it happens the stumps are shattered and it is Dhoni who has to leave the playing arena

[GET GAMBHIR OUT GUL!!! :ooh:]

------
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM

Umar Gul to Gambhir, SIX Release! Gambhir lines this one up and hits it baseball style over the leg side. That's off the meat of the bat. Powerful drive over the leg side and the ball thuds into the scoreboard!

[oh come on.... :-\]

------
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umar Gul to Gambhir, OUT, Another! low full-toss on the pads, another attempted yorker. Gambhir anticipates the length and plays the paddle sweep. The ball flies to Mohammad Asif at short fine-leg and he takes a sharp catch. India's topscorer is gone and this innings is fast losing momentum

G Gambhir c Mohammad Asif b Umar Gul 75 (54b 8x4 2x6) SR: 138.88

------
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM

INDIA = 157/5

Pakistan's bowlers have done a tremendous job in the first half of this game. India have been kept down to 157 but at least they have some runs on the board. Gul with 3 for 28 from 4 overs was the best bowlers on the day.

Now it's over to India's bowlers and Pakistan's batsmen. The action will resume in about ten minutes.

abbas_ali
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh Dear, The batsmen started off ok but now its gone a bit downhill. Afridi out for 0! :(

Plus 13 overs already bowled! :muddlehea

The Ruler
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
India won.

AmarFaisal
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I liked the match, atleast Pakistan didn't gie it to them easily, and it all goes to Misbah. Thought, he got out so close, but all doesn't go well always:)

3isha
09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
:D :awesome: :rock: :ace: :awesome: :awesome:

YEY INDIA WONNNN

:statisfie

DIDNT I TELL U LOT, :p:p:p:p

:haha:

:awesome: :rock: :ace: :awesome: :awesome:

Soulja Girl
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Lol, well done India...Though I was wanting Australia to win...Nice to see India beat teh Aussies and win teh Finals...:)

:w:

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Misbah Ul Haq What A Idiot

3isha
09-24-2007, 04:18 PM
lol, it was shahid afridi, hard luck , poor guy,

and misbahul haq did do quite well as he had SOO much presure on him lol,
he managed a chokka (LOL)

oh well INDIA DID DA BEST, :p

------
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Big wow, India won. So what? :? Pakistan is still the best team ever. :D

[2 Muslims in Indian team, were celebrating with champagne. Astagfirullaah :-\]

3isha
09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
^^^
yeah say it all now, init, JUST coz u lost, haha
lool
wel today just proved it, init, hw the pakistani teams is like:p,
and yeah about the champagn, dnt just generalise, i dnt think that it was in this case (about the muslim players,)
allahu alam
and da hindus did celebrate with champagne,,

ahsan28
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Well done India for the victory in the final :D

3isha
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
:sl:

see, :statisfie da kind of feedback we expect here
jazakallah bro, barakkallah feek
though luck on PAK init

Admin
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
so who won? :p ah i knew we wud win :D
Misbah Ul Haq What A Idiot
now now don't blame it on one player, he did a wonderful job to bring the match closer but yet again cudnt hold on to his nerves. that shot was really not needed when they were so close to victory, he shudnt hv taken the aerial route, but well, he was one shot short of my man of the series lol, amazing.
[2 Muslims in Indian team, were celebrating with champagne. Astagfirullaah

]
they were not. I noticed it, they both were not there when they were spillin it.

End result? :p ah... quite satisfying :shade: :D

Well played India, and almost equally well played Pakistan.
end of story and end of the thread? :p

3isha
09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
^^jazakalalh for posting that^^
:p :D:smile:

yeh pakistan played well, but India did better:p:p

welldone to both of da teams :)

Admin
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/twen...ge/312390.html
There was plenty of banter between the Indian and Pakistani supporters.
chk tht guy shouting at his face lol

and the last one :p :

C H A M P I O N S :shade: Officially now :D
where's DTBC :p

Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced a bonus of US$ 2 million for the team and a bonus of Rs 1 crore to Yuvraj Singh for his achievement of hitting six sixes in one over.

chacha_jalebi
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
:threadclo FLUKEEEEE ... 5 runs hah:p

look @ the pictures you can tell india aint won somethin in a long time

and dhoni looks like a constipated child with the trophy :p

FLUKEEEEEEE

pakistan played better, and always will always be the champions :D

:threadclo :p

3isha
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

look @ the pictures you can tell india aint won somethin in a long time
at least they did win summat:p, even afta along time, UNLIKE PAK,
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
:
pakistan played better, and always will always be the champions :D
lol, yeah that's y they lost:p init,

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes Misbah Ul Haq Got Us Back In The Match But What Was He Thinking On The Ball He Got Out.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:23 PM
BANGLADESH MASSIVE though i live in england....sorry england

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Thats Ok Iam English And I Like Pakistan And Zimbabwe Sister

ayesha309
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
interesting.......

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Lol It Is Isnt It Sister.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
ACTUALLY...i think every1s gona kill me here...but didnt we jst have a world cup cricket the other day...? whats this then? LOL.....

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes Sister They Had One In April In The Carribean But That Was Boring 50 Overs Cricket This Was Good 20 Overs Cricket Sister.

ayesha309
09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Lol It Is Isnt It Sister.
very very interesting...LOL....

ACTUALLY...i think every1s gona kill me here...but didnt we jst have a world cup cricket the other day...? whats this then? LOL.....
sis thats exactly what i was thinking tooo. Apparently it happens more frequently now

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Lol Nobody Wants To Kill You Sisters.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Yes Sister They Had One In April In The Carribean But That Was Boring 50 Overs Cricket This Was Good 20 Overs Cricket Sister.
STILL CONFUSED?

why r we having another world cup so soon? even if its 20 overs?

see when world cup comes i love it...but i dnt have a clue bout when they go on...

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000

sis thats exactly what i was thinking tooo. Apparently it happens more frequently now

i think the brothers will ask us to leave this thread....becos they wnt be able to explain it all.....but hey why is sports so confusing? i thought cricket world cup happens every 8 yrs! or is it 4! :-[

ayesha309
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM
i think the brothers will ask us to leave this thread....becos they wnt be able to explain it all.....but hey why is sports so confusing? i thought cricket world cup happens every 8 yrs! or is it 4!
I thought it was every three years!

Lol Nobody Wants To Kill You Sisters.
I think very soon you will change this statement as we sisters continue to show you our confusion about cricket!

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Normally World Cups Are Every 4 Years But The Icc Have Tried This World Cup For The First Time As A Expirement Sort Of Thing This World Cup Will Be Every 2 Years Because It Is Shorter.

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Lol Never Will I Change It You Want To Learn Which Is Good Not Bad.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Lol Never Will I Change It You Want To Learn Which Is Good Not Bad.
aww...thank you...

so...every 2 yrs....BUT it hasnt been two yrs...still confused...could you explain furthur...is there so many different world cups within cricket? isnt that silly...?:ooh:

$tranger
09-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes Sister They Had One In April In The Carribean But That Was Boring 50 Overs Cricket
What u mean boring? :-\ 'REAL CRICKET' is ment to be that many overs. <_<

Now they need to start a 'Test Series World Cup' LOLLL ;D probably take around 3+ months for it to finish :X

smile
09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm so happy that INDIA !!!!!!!! won!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahsan28
09-25-2007, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007

why r we having another world cup so soon? even if its 20 overs?

Must be held on annual basis, haven't you heard about the famous quote:-

When idle, women go shopping and men invade other countries :cry:

Sports are one of the means to keep yourself committed :D

------
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM

To all you Indian 'fans', YES the Muslim players were there when they were celebrating with the champagne. Don't try n get them out of it. I saw it on TV, live.

Final comment in this thread:

*!*!* Pakistan Zindabaad *!*!*

Shahid Afridi poses with the Player-of-the-Series trophy, India v Pakistan, ICC World Twenty20 final, Johannesburg, September 24, 2007

Admin
09-25-2007, 11:58 AM
But he didn't deliver when it mattered the most. got out for a first ball duck to irfan :p the man of the match for the final :shade: :D

the shot that will be remembered for long :p

sadly..... :D

end result:

over to the official cricket thread for the rest

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.