/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mpls_Muslim
09-03-2007, 04:41 AM
:wasalamex brothers and sisters, I am from Mpls, MN and just came across this message board, and want to say hello. I am a convert, since Jan 2006 and have a long way to go to. :inshallah

I hope to learn alot from people here, and I too will share any knowledge that I may have that others need.

Abdulah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
09-03-2007, 04:51 AM
...Wa alaikkum salaam wa rahmathullahi wa barkhathuhu...

Welcome Bro. Abdullah

:)

*~Sofia~*
09-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Salam brother

welcome to the LI family, i hope u have a very beneficial stay inshalllah :)
Explore the forums, take part in the many discussions and do enjoy :D
Any questions? dnt hesitate to ask away inshallah

Im sure u'll learn lots here, it is a gr8 forum mashallah :)

Enjoy..

W'salam

p.s congrats on ur reversion.. :) may Allah (swt) continue to guide you. Ameen.

rozeena
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
salaam bro, welcome to da forum. if u need any questions answering jus ask evri1 will be more then happy to answer them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi.

unknown_JJ
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
welcome to the forum

asalamu alaykum

UmmSqueakster
09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to the board! My husband and I also live in the twin cities area, so if you're looking for friends, my husband is a nice guy :D

'Abd al-Baari
09-03-2007, 04:58 PM
:sl:

Welcme bro Abdullah :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay Inshallah and any questions plz just ask!

:peace:

Mpls_Muslim
09-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Salam, nice to meet you, where do you live in the TC area, what Mosque do you guys attend. I am always looking for friends. I lost a few when I reverted, but that is there loss in my opinion.

Abdulah

snakelegs
09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

UmmSqueakster
09-04-2007, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mpls_Muslim
Salam, nice to meet you, where do you live in the TC area, what Mosque do you guys attend. I am always looking for friends. I lost a few when I reverted, but that is there loss in my opinion.

Abdulah

Wa salaam,

My husband does jummah at Masjid as Salaam in Maplewood, and I go to weekend stuff there on occasion. I do jummah at Masjid an Nur in north Minneapolis. Feel free to pm me (if it's possible as a limited member, don't quite remember if it is), and I'll pass on his email to you.

Masjid as Salaam has iftars on the weekend during Ramadan, and it would be nice if you were to join my husband for that and taraweeh.

How old are you? If you're in your late teens/early 20s, then the MSA at the U has a lot of programs, and I believe they're open to non students joining in.

Mpls_Muslim
09-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I can not respond, except to this message post, but I do Have ICQ is 469883503, I do not know where the Mosque is in Maplewood, or the one is N Mpls, I go to the Carmel Mall on Lake st in S. Mpls.

Send me an IM at ICQ if you want to.

Abdulah

UmmSqueakster
09-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I forwarded your ICQ number to my husband. He's on yahoo and msn more often than on icq, if you have either of those.

This is Masjid an Nur's website and this is Masjid as Salaam's website.

Masjid an Nur is primarily african american and african immigrant, although I've never felt out of place as a white chica. Masjid as Salaam is very mixed, lots of immigrants and second generation muslims, as well as a few converts.

Mpls_Muslim
09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Salam, thanks, I take it you are a convert as well, I too converted about 2 yrs ago and am of the caucation persuation, I will look at those sites, and yes I do have Yahoo, it is nassifer is my username, and same with msn. I hope to talk soon, I am looking for others of myself to help me with the learning of my new religion.

Abdulah

m102313
09-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Welcometo LI!

Hope you have a good and beneficial stay.

:w:

Al_Imaan
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM

:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

Mpls_Muslim
09-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Salam sister Janaan, I went by the Mosque in N Mpls, I know the neighhborhood but never saw the mosque there before, I am going there tomorrow ishallah, I also know of the one on skillman, I used to work about 1 mile from there and tried to go there several times but it was always closed.

So I hope to meet your husband sometime at the Mosque in N Mpls, that one is only 5 mins from my house, I live in DT Mpls.

Abdulah

Mpls_Muslim
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Salam sister, I am so happy today, I went to the Mosque in N Mpls, and have found a new home there, I met the Imom and he is a wonderfull man, I look forward to more pleaseurable times there.

Shukran for the info about the Mosque.

I look forward to meting both you and your husband one day ishallah.

Abdulah

UmmSqueakster
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Alhamdulilah, aren't they great people? Every time I've gone to jummah, there is always a contingent of sisters waiting to greet me.

inshaAllah I'm working out for my husband and his friend to come to jummah at masjid an Nur sometime, and I've passed on your contact information to him.

Mpls_Muslim
09-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Salam sister, feel free to have your husband call me, I am not working right now, (in between jobs) I can give a ride if need be. Ishallah

Abdulah

Aisha20
09-06-2007, 03:29 AM

UmmSqueakster
09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

My husband tried to email you at nassifer @ hotmail.com, but it bounced back. Is there a better way to reach you?

Mpls_Muslim
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Salam sister, contact me at Abdulah @ comcast.net, that is a better one to make sure I get it.

Abdulah

Wasalam

Mpls_Muslim
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Salam sorry it is abdulahm @ comcast.net

forgot the M

Wasalam

Abdulah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!