/* */

PDA

View Full Version : City of Westminster College

Helena
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Asalam.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the city of westminster college has islamic society? Becaue my bro is going there next week and he's been wondering if he could pray his daily prayers and pray jummah.

Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

The ones in bold have a very weak Islamic society.

As for the one in red it has only 1 hour slot for Muslims to pray during Dhur time.

1 Paddington Centre
2 Queens Park Centre
3 Maida Vale Centre
4 Cockpit Theatre
5 Cosway Street Centre

Helena
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Alhamdulillah, my brother is going to the one in Maida Vale Centre. But there is another problem, which is that he has a lesson on Friday at 1:15pm that causes a problem . The problem is that he may not attend Jumm'ua.

Would he be able to negotiate about the times? Also could you elaborate on the 1 hour time slot.

Jazakillah Khairan

PS Where did you recieve this information?

Umm Yoosuf
09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Alhamdulillah, my brother is going to the one in Maida Vale Centre. But there is another problem, which is that he has a lesson on Friday at 1:15pm that causes a problem . The problem is that he may not attend Jumm'ua.
Allah knows best about that. I heard that in the summer the prayer was held a bit early but some of the brothers used to go Regents Park Masjid, after talking to their teachers and explaining that its obligatory for brothers to pray salaatul- Jum'ah in congregation.

Would he be able to negotiate about the times? Also could you elaborate on the 1 hour time slot.
The one hour slot is a bit of a problem, due to the lack of space in the college they only booked an hour slot for Muslims to pray, I think from 12.15 onwards (sorry I can't remember the extact timings). If you negotiate with the director I am sure they’ll sort something out at least. The problem is the Muslims there are weak, many don’t practice thus they have not come forward to book a room to pray.

PS Where did you recieve this information?
From the college and students whom attended there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.