/* */

PDA

View Full Version : women's islamic clothing

blu_eyed_girl
09-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi this was really bugging me but where do muslim women (in britain) go for islamic clothing ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sarada
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Salaam,

There are many places online to buy Islamic clothing, one such is place is the Hijab Shop, which is based in the U.K.

http://http://www.thehijabshop.com/i...n/about_us.php

My daughter gets a lot of her Islamic clothing from her friends when they go to the Middle East,

Thanaa
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Al Mujalbaba has lovely stuff. Ive not bought anything from them yet, but Im hoping to soon!
Other than that, ebay is good (sewing_sisters & unique_hijabs)...

blu_eyed_girl
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
thanks alot x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
britishmuslim
04-10-2009, 08:24 PM
sometimes they have things in Next, New Look or Primark.

britishmuslim
04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by britishmuslim
sometimes they have things in Next, New Look or Primark.
sorry didn't read islamic part
http://www.al-hijaab.com has nice things

جوري
04-10-2009, 09:04 PM
http://maraboonline.com/collection.php

http://www.shukronline.com/

http://www.ejilbab.com/

Brook at Marabo makes excellent Italian wool skirts .. for career clothes I still shop at Bananarepublic and Ann Taylor since they have some decent conservative pieces..

:w:

جوري
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
forgot to add jjill.com to that list.. you might find it decent as well?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Shukr has so many lovely things. Unfortunately they cost a lot! :/

جوري
04-13-2009, 05:32 AM
I found these, haven't gone through all of them, but do hope they are of benefit to you insha'Allah

Other Companies

54 Companies Total

جوري
04-20-2009, 12:41 AM
more:

Denim skirts

Indian skirts
Skirts made of fabrics typical of Indian design.

Eid skirts

جوري
04-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Islamic Clothing Links

MT2
04-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Does any one know of Islamic shops in Canada or Canadian based websites?

جوري
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
some of the above are Canadian some are in England (america, KSA) etc-- you just have to go through each one, especially with the last post ...

جوري
04-26-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.al-anwarfashion.com/catal...roducts_id=363

جوري
04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.aabuk.com/index.php

Yanal
04-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Elllooooo
Sister Skye don't advertise for the shops who don't pay you:p. Give her one or two shops not the whole dictionary.

جوري
04-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Yanal.. I don't see how women's clothing are of concern to you one way or another?

This will be comprehensive thread insha'Allah, so when a sister comes asking for clothes we don't post the same three ailing sites every time, rather reference to this thread.. I'd move it to the sister section except new reverts don't have access...

I know you badly want to be a mod.. but part of becoming one is exercising your best judgment, this isn't the way to go about it!

and Allah swt knows best

Yanal
04-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Nah I lost interest,I'm just reminding you...:XDont worry I won't interfere now.

chaddockst
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
sallams

try this web based company

punch in nitaq in your web browzer

decent islamic clothing at good prices

Marina-Aisha
11-11-2011, 04:44 PM
omg thanx everyone i dunno if ill have time to look at all these nw but thanx advance

Huzzy_786
11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Sister, if you want to find out if you have islamic clothing shop for women in your local area, ask a muslim sister who wheres Islamic clothing, I am sure they will be able to help.

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 10:21 AM
i dont know any sisters..i dont know any muslims expect my partner..i want to go to the mosque but i dont have the right clothes.

جوري
11-12-2011, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
i dont know any sisters..i dont know any muslims expect my partner..i want to go to the mosque but i dont have the right clothes.
Sister just get a regula maxi skirt or maxi dress from the mall and wear a cardigan on top to cover your arms and any pashmina or scarf will do.. No one is going to criticize you for not getting a jilbab ye big by ye wide believe me I have seen teenage girls in the mosque with the tightest jeans and a scarf on top.. I think maybe you're a bit anxious about going there and how you'll be perceived rather than if you can find the right thing to wear, am I right?

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

Sister just get a regula maxi skirt or maxi dress from the mall and wear a cardigan on top to cover your arms and any pashmina or scarf will do.. No one is going to criticize you for not getting a jilbab ye big by ye wide believe me I have seen teenage girls in the mosque with the tightest jeans and a scarf on top.. I think maybe you're a bit anxious about going there and how you'll be perceived rather than if you can find the right thing to wear, am I right?
hahaha i am kinda nervous to be honest but i dont wanna go in there lookin like some hoochie mama, showing skin and stuff. i want make a good impression. Anyways i found a great site http://www.shukr.co.uk/ has great stuff and my partner ahmed is in saudi arabia and bought me few things too :)

جوري
11-12-2011, 05:27 PM
hahaha i am kinda nervous to be honest but i dont wanna go in there lookin like some hoochie mama, showing skin and stuff. i want make a good impression.
I don't think you can make a bad impression, seeing how concerned you're.. either way you shouldn't be concerned with the kind of impression you make. I pity a people so judgmental that they'd focus on cosmetics over essence & I really hope you'll meet with wonderful people in fact insha'Allah I know you'll be.. back in the days when I wasn't practicing I would be invited by Muslims who didn't know I was a Muslim and a middle easterner at that & they were very nice, never once did I hear oh My God, you're an alleged Muslim, you're wearing that, you're doing what, instead I was invited to iftars and lectures & the subject of my very overt sins never entered the scene.. . Just bite the bullet and go ukht.. four out of every five converts is a woman I don't think they were all fiddling in the closet for what to wear (although I admit it is a woman thing ''I haven't a thing to wear'') .. We all have to start somewhere ..May Allah swt make it easy on you..

جوري
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
yeah shukr is pretty good =)

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think you can make a bad impression, seeing how concerned you're.. either way you shouldn't be concerned with the kind of impression you make. I pity a people so judgmental that they'd focus on cosmetics over essence & I really hope you'll meet with wonderful people in fact insha'Allah I know you'll be.. back in the days when I wasn't practicing I would be invited by Muslims who didn't know I was a Muslim and a middle easterner at that & they were very nice, never once did I hear oh My God, you're an alleged Muslim, you're wearing that, you're doing what, instead I was invited to iftars and lectures & the subject of my very overt sins never entered the scene.. . Just bite the bullet and go ukht.. four out of every five converts is a woman I don't think they were all fiddling in the closet for what to wear (although I admit it is a woman thing ''I haven't a thing to wear'') .. We all have to start somewhere ..May Allah swt make it easy on you..

Thanx im super nervous, to be honest im not great at making friends cos im very very shy but hopefullly it will be fine so i can learn more bout islam and learn hw to pray :)

جوري
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanx im super nervous, to be honest im not great at making friends cos im very very shy but hopefullly it will be fine so i can learn more bout islam and learn hw to pray :)
You're great at making friends.. I find that hard to believe given how much you're liked here..=)

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 07:49 PM

You're great at making friends.. I find that hard to believe given how much you're liked here..=)
im liked? im suprised im not driving everyone crazy with all my questions and threads haha

Huzzy_786
11-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, What are we hear for? Were helping each other out... Inshallah on the day of judgement you will testify to allah that we help'ed you! and maybe this could be one deed which allah loves and enters us to paradise.. Inshallah... Ameen.

جوري
11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
im liked? im suprised im not driving everyone crazy with all my questions and threads haha
you're indeed & very personable!

Marina-Aisha
11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
you're indeed & very personable!

awwww thanx honey :) im glad i came on this forum everyone sooo great and helpful..i cant wait untill i get 300 posts so i can get in the sister section hehe

Snowflake
11-13-2011, 04:16 AM
:sl: Ladies,

By all means buy what you need. But also learn how to sew your own clothes. You can make 2/3 items for the price of a shop bought one. Abayas especially are really easy as are skirts. Use patterns if you can't cut freehand. And the best thing is that no one else will have the same clothes as you. That has to be worth it.

جوري
11-13-2011, 04:37 AM
^^ I saw this adorable sewing machine on one of those Martha Stewart shows and was just dying to buy it well maybe dying is a little strong but it has all those really neat features including sewing buttons and self threading .. Unfortunately I don't have the skills 

Snowflake
11-13-2011, 09:58 PM
^Wow! I've been sewing almost all my life but I've never heard of self-threading machines. It sounds awesome! But nowadays all domestic sewing machines do buttonholes/fancy stitching etc. Sewing is really easy sis and you would enjoy it so much. The way I see it is, it's like driving a car. The pedal controls the speed and your hands control the fabric like as in steering it. Once you can sew straight lines, you can sew anything. It really reminds me of how once you can drive a car without going all over the place, you can drive anywhere. Lol, I so want you to give it a go. You'll also find it amazingly therapeutic.

جوري
11-13-2011, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
^Wow! I've been sewing almost all my life but I've never heard of self-threading machines. It sounds awesome! But nowadays all domestic sewing machines do buttonholes/fancy stitching etc. Sewing is really easy sis and you would enjoy it so much. The way I see it is, it's like driving a car. The pedal controls the speed and your hands control the fabric like as in steering it. Once you can sew straight lines, you can sew anything. It really reminds me of how once you can drive a car without going all over the place, you can drive anywhere. Lol, I so want you to give it a go. You'll also find it amazingly therapeutic.
I am embarrassed to say this because I always pride myself on being able to conquer anything, but when it comes to art I am :hmm: in art class I always called my work 'abstract' & ahead of its time but it is because I have no sense of time/space, proportions, dimensions well you get the pic.. It is one of those things I love but can't do.. I feel if I attempt something the proportions would be positively laughable ;D;D I do like the idea of my own clothes unworn by anyone but I always commission a seamstress to do it for me..

I had this dress made but with long sleeves.. I don't even know how you can attempt a dress like that.. I do like buying the material myself because I can purchase cotton or silk in lieu of polyester..

Jazaki Allah khyran ukhty, I am going to find the sewing machine I am talking about and post it here insha'Allah

Marina-Aisha
11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
:sl: Ladies,

By all means buy what you need. But also learn how to sew your own clothes. You can make 2/3 items for the price of a shop bought one. Abayas especially are really easy as are skirts. Use patterns if you can't cut freehand. And the best thing is that no one else will have the same clothes as you. That has to be worth it.
i know this gonna sound bad but ive never sew in a day of life let alone make a hole dress but i do like the thought of having thats one of kind..like couture dresses haha

Snowflake
11-14-2011, 06:11 PM

I am embarrassed to say this because I always pride myself on being able to conquer anything, but when it comes to art I am :hmm: in art class I always called my work 'abstract' & ahead of its time but it is because I have no sense of time/space, proportions, dimensions well you get the pic.. It is one of those things I love but can't do.. I feel if I attempt something the proportions would be positively laughable ;D;D I do like the idea of my own clothes unworn by anyone but I always commission a seamstress to do it for me..

I had this dress made but with long sleeves.. I don't even know how you can attempt a dress like that.. I do like buying the material myself because I can purchase cotton or silk in lieu of polyester..

Jazaki Allah khyran ukhty, I am going to find the sewing machine I am talking about and post it here insha'Allah
You mean there actually is something you can't do? :haha:

i know this gonna sound bad but ive never sew in a day of life let alone make a hole dress but i do like the thought of having thats one of kind..like couture dresses haha
May be it's a good thing you've never sewed, especially if you were thinking of making a hole dress. :p

جوري
11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
You mean there actually is something you can't do?
:skeleton:^o)
plenty but who is keeping tabs?

can you make the above dress? I like victorian style dresses and have a very bizarre I mean very bizarre museum worthy collection of shoes to go with them ;D
btw this is the sewing machine:

Brother CS6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine -

if it does the cutting & patterns for me as well then I'd buy it in a heartbeat..

Snowflake
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
ßlµêßêll;1477856] :skeleton:^o)
plenty but who is keeping tabs?
Sorry ukhti. I'm mortified I offended you. I meant it as a joke. :phew

can you make the above dress?
I'm not an expert seamstress, just average.. so sewing it from a pic it might only be of similar construction, not exact. But if I had the dress in front of me then insha Allah yes.

I like victorian style dresses and have a very bizarre I mean very bizarre museum worthy collection of shoes to go with them ;D
btw this is the sewing machine:

Brother CS6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine -

if it does the cutting & patterns for me as well then I'd buy it in a heartbeat..
Lol, I wish i could see your collection now :P Victorian isn't my taste but I do like the way ladies looked like ladies back then. As for that machine, it's a bargain! It's got some beautiful patterns I could do with. My machine's only got 14! One of the important things to watch out for when you're buying a machine is to make sure it's not too light. Unless light machines are secured down, they start jumping around and can be really annoying when your trying to concentrate on what you're doing.

Marina-Aisha
11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
May be it's a good thing you've never sewed, especially if you were thinking of making a hole dress. :p
hey low blow missy hehe :P

Snowflake
11-15-2011, 08:58 PM
hey low blow missy hehe :P
:wub:

Marina-Aisha
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
:popcorn: hehehehe

Riana17
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I like Zara, mango, h&m because they have simple plain or one colored clothes that suits office attire
I buy when its 75% off lol or
I can get them in very cheap price like 3-10$ because kuwaitis buy & throw them mostly without using

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.