/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He (saw) was handsome

Abu Muhammed
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
He (saw) was handsome

"The Prophet (saas) had a most handsome constitution. Some gave the smile of his beauty to that of the full moon, his nose was thin, his face was smooth, his beard was thick, his neck was the most beautiful.

If the rays of the sun fell on his neck, it appeared like a cup of silver mixed with gold, the place between his shoulders was wide."
Imam Ghazzali's Ihya Ulum-Id-Din

"The Messenger of Allah, was not excessively tall or short. He was not very pallid nor dark. He did not have curly hair or lank hair. Allah commissioned him at the age of forty. He stayed in Mecca ten years and at Medina for ten years and Allah the Mighty, the Majestic made him die when he was sixty. There were not twenty white hairs in his hair or beard, may Allah bless him and grant him peace."
Malik's Muwatta Hadith, Volume 49, Number1

Rasulullah (saas) was so clean, clear, beautiful and handsome
Tirmidhi

"The Prophet (saas) was neither tall nor short. He was handsome. His hair was neither delicate nor curly. He was neither very white, nor very brown."

Baraa bin Aazib (ra) relates:

"I never saw someone more handsome than Rasullullah. His hair reached his shoulders. The portion between his two shoulders was wide. He was neither very tall nor very short."
Tirmidhi Hadith

"When Ali (ra) described the Prophet (saas) he said:

'He was neither very tall nor excessively short, but was a man of medium size. He had neither very curly nor flowing hair but a mixture of both, he was reddish-white, he had wide black eyes and long eyelashes. He had protruding joints and shoulder-blades. Between his shoulders was the seal of Prophecy.

He had a finer chest than anyone else, was truer in utterance than anyone else, had the gentlest nature and the noblest lineage. Those who saw him stood suddenly in awe of him and those who shared his acquaintance loved him. Those who described him said they had never seen anyone like him before or since'."
Tirmidhi Hadith, Number 1524

Hassan (ra) says:

"He had great qualities and attributes, others also held him in high esteem. His blessed face shone like the full moon. He was slightly taller than a man of middle height, but shorter than a tall person. His blessed hair was slightly twisted. If his hair became parted naturally in the middle he left it so, otherwise he did not habitually make an effort to part his hair in the middle…Rasulullah (saas) had a very luminous complexion (color), and a wide forehead. His eye brows were of dense and fine hair …

... His neck was beautiful and thin, like the neck of a statue shaved clean, the color of which was clear, shining and beautiful like silver. All the parts of his body were of moderate size. His body was proportionately jointed…"
Tirmidhi Hadith,

Abu Huraira (ra) describes:

"The complexion of Rasulullah (saas) was white with redness in it. The blessed eyes of Rasulullah (saas) were extremely black. His eyelashes were long."
Tirmidhi Hadith

"His forehead was wide and the place between his eyebrows was bright like pure silver and eye-balls were black tinged with reddish hue. The hairs of his eye lashes were profuse. When he smiled or laughed, they (his teeth) shone like lightning. His lip was most beautiful. His beard was thick, his neck was most beautiful, neither long, nor short. If the rays of the sun fell on his neck, it appeared like a cup of silver mixed with gold. His chest was broad. It was even like a mirror and white like the moon light, his shoulders were wide. His palms were softer than wool."
Imam Ghazzali's Ihya Ulum-Id-Din

"He was innocently bright and had a broad countenance. His manners were fine. He had black attractive eyes. His hair glossy and black, inclined to curl, he wore long. His voice was very commanding. His head was well formed and set on a slender neck. His expression was pensive and contemplative, serene and sublime. The stranger was fascinated from the distance, but no sooner he became intimate with him, than this fascination was changed into attachment and respect. His expression was very sweet and distinct. His speech was well set and free from the use of superfluous words, as if it were rosary of beads. His stature was neither too high nor too small. He was singularly bright and fresh. He was always surrounded by his Companions. Whenever he uttered something, the listeners would hear him with rapt attention and whenever he issued a commandment, they vied with each other in carrying it out. He was a master and a commander."
Shaykh Safi ur-Rahmân al-Mubarakpoori

The Prophet (saas)'s appearance

"The blessed one had a beautiful appearance, his limbs were in perfect proportion, his body was well-formed, his forehead and chest and the distance between his shoulders were broad. His neck was slender and pure as silver, his shoulders, biceps and calves were large and thick, his wrists were long, his fingers also long, and his hands and fingers rather thick. His blessed skin was softer than silk.

On his perfect countenance were a well-proportioned head, curved eyebrows, a long nose and an oval face.

His eyelashes were long, his eyes black and beautiful, the space between his largish eyebrows was clear, though his eyebrows were close together.

That chosen Prophet (saas) was shining in appearance. In other words, he was neither light nor dark, but somewhere between the two, white like a red rose, light and limpid, and the light shone from his face. His teeth were as white as pearls and bright, and the light gleamed from his front teeth as he spoke. When he laughed, it was as if his mouth gave off rays like soft lightning.

His senses were exceedingly powerful. He could hear from a long way off and see further than anyone. In essence, he had a body formed in perfection and uniqueness, and blessed … Anyone suddenly seeing him would be consumed with love, and anyone speaking with him would feel great love in his heart and soul. The wise respected him in accordance with their degree. He greatly honoured his relatives. He would not, however, treat them better than those more worthy than them.

He treated his servants well. Whatever he wore or ate, he would give to them to wear and eat.

He was generous, beneficial, compassionate, forgiving, brave and mild. In speech, he kept to his word. In essence, his excellent morality, sharp powers of reasoning were greater than those of all other people and worthy of great praise.

In eating and apparel he contented himself with the very poorest degree and refrained from excess."

Ahmed Cevdet Pasa, Qisas al-Anbiya, (Stories of the Prophets) Volume I, Kanaaat Press, Istanbul 1331, p. 364-365

The Prophet (saas)'s hair

Anas bin Malik (ra) recalls :

"The hair of Rasulullah (saas) reached till half of his ears."Tirmidhi Hadith

Aisha (ra) reports:

"The blessed hair of Rasulullah (saas) was longer than those that reached the ear lobes, and shorter than those that reached the shoulders."
Tirmidhi Hadith

Baraa bin Aazib (ra) says:

"Rasulullah (saas) was of average height, and the portion between the two shoulders was wide. His hair reached his ear lobes."
Tirmidhi Hadith

Umm Haani, the daughter of Abu Taalib (ra) offers the following description:

"Rasulullah (saas) came to Mecca once after the hijrah (migration). His blessed hair had four plaits."
Tirmidhi Hadith

The grooming of the Prophet (saas)'s hair and beard

Hassan (ra) said:

"He had a thick, dense beard."
Tirmidhi Hadith

Anas bin Malik (ra) reports:

"Sayyidina Rasulullah (saas) often rubbed oil in his head…"
Tirmidhi Hadith

Simak bin Harb (ra) reports:

"Jaabir bin Samurah (ra) was asked a question regarding the white hair of Rasulullah He replied: 'When Rasulullah (saas) oiled his hair, it (white hair) did not show. When he did not oil it, it showed'."
Tirmidhi Hadith

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
09-05-2007, 02:54 AM
Jazakallah khair for sharing brother....

Ghira
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
What a great explanation of his features (saw). I enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for sharing.

Abu Muhammed
09-05-2007, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Jazakallah khair for sharing brother....
Barak'allaahu Feek Akhee Abdul-Raouf.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
What a great explanation of his features (saw). I enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for sharing.
Oh alhamdulillah Akhee Ghira, masha'allaah you found some benefit in this as have I.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Selam aleykum,

MashaAllah, I'd soo hope to meet him in Jannah inshaAllah... Or have met him during his lifetime... What a blessing it would have been. :cry:

Abu Muhammed
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

MashaAllah, I'd soo hope to meet him in Jannah inshaAllah... Or have met him during his lifetime... What a blessing it would have been. :cry:
:sl: Ukthee,

As our Rasul (saw) said to another Sahabaa (ra) once according to an authentic hadith in the hereafter 'You will be with the one you love' insha'allaah so if you truly love him follow his Sunnah and insha'allaah my sister you will be with our Rasul and his Sahabaa in the Akhiraa.

Make du'aa and follow the haqq always.

May Allaah enable this desire of your to manifest itself- Ameen.

:w:

Intisar
09-05-2007, 08:33 PM
:sl: Barakallahu feek ya akhee, that was more than beneficial. :sunny:

Al-Zaara
09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Muhammed
:sl: Ukthee,

As our Rasul (saw) said to another Sahabaa (ra) once according to an authentic hadith in the hereafter 'You will be with the one you love' insha'allaah so if you truly love him follow his Sunnah and insha'allaah my sister you will be with our Rasul and his Sahabaa in the Akhiraa.

Make du'aa and follow the haqq always.

May Allaah enable this desire of your to manifest itself- Ameen.

Ameen!

Selam aleykum brother,

JazakAllah khair so much for the article and remembering me that hadith... I truly appreciate it. JazakAllah khair again!! InshaAllah, we'll be with ones we love in the hereafter. Ameen.

Selam aleykum.

Pk_#2
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
jazakAllah khair, your threads are really good, keep em coming

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Abu Muhammed
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Barakallahu feek ya akhee, that was more than beneficial. :sunny:
:w: Alhamdulillah you have found some benefit in this Ukthee Ameena*- this is good for believers should always be in a constant process of gaining fruits for themselves and other brothers and sisters around them.
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Ameen!

Selam aleykum brother,

JazakAllah khair so much for the article and remembering me that hadith... I truly appreciate it. JazakAllah khair again!! InshaAllah, we'll be with ones we love in the hereafter. Ameen.

Selam aleykum.
:w: Ukthee al-Zaara,

Barak'allaahu Feeki my sister in Islaam, that article was on my computer and I thought I should share it rather than let it idly sit there not benfitting others thats all, no problem.

The hadith shall apply to you and all others too if truly the love our Nabi (saw) and wish to be with him, another hadith to 'Umar (ra) was where he (saw) said paraphrased 'None of you truly believes until I am dearer to him than his loved ones', i.e. our muhabah for him should be more so then others in our life whereby we emulate him in all his conduct and ada'ab- that is not to say we do not stick to the Sunnah in our love doing as the Christians have done with 'Isa (as) whereby their love has lead them to go astray as they associate him with God and started worshipping him and associating partners, etc.- may Allaah guide us away from such evil- Ameen.

Barak'allaahu Feeki- may Allaah guide us and unite us with our Rasul (saw) if we are truly deserved of this.

format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
jazakAllah khair, your threads are really good, keep em coming

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Barak'allaahu Feeki Ukthee Umma Wasat masha'allaah you are most kind, Jezak'illaah for your words of encouragement insha'allaah if Allaah enables me to I shall continue making these threads for all of us.

:w: wa Rahmahtullahi wa Barakathu my sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.