/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salaam

ricardo
09-08-2005, 09:21 AM
:omg: greeting everyone.my name is ricardo and i live in south africa.i was raised as a catholic and was even an altar boy for several of years.i have been interested in islamic studies for years.through self search there is things i agree with especially that there is One All Seeing God.i just have this resistance to accept that all things are God inspired when it comes to "THE HOLY BOOKS" because we know that they have been tampered with.also if you accept islam what does that mean in terms of all the Biblical events that did take place?does it then become irrelevant?hope someone can help answer.also if someone is schooled on islamic names what does the name azuhl/azul means and can it be taken as a name.sukran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
charmed
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
harun yahya books offer useful details, also comgratulations for accepting the fact that there is one all seeing gd. god has chosen you, the understanding and the rest will surely come with time inshallah. keep uo the faith.

kadafi
09-08-2005, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo
:omg: greeting everyone.my name is ricardo and i live in south africa.i was raised as a catholic and was even an altar boy for several of years.i have been interested in islamic studies for years.through self search there is things i agree with especially that there is One All Seeing God.i just have this resistance to accept that all things are God inspired when it comes to "THE HOLY BOOKS" because we know that they have been tampered with.also if you accept islam what does that mean in terms of all the Biblical events that did take place?does it then become irrelevant?hope someone can help answer.also if someone is schooled on islamic names what does the name azuhl/azul means and can it be taken as a name.sukran.
Greetings Ricardo!

Welcome to the forum

To have your questions answered, I suggest you open a new thread at the Comparative Religion section

Peace!

Uthman
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Greetings Ricardo,

Welcome to the forum. :) Enjoy yourself and do not hesitate to ask any questions that you need answering.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Greetings !!

:welcome: to the Board .

ricardo
09-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Salaam.Sukran for the welcome and for the link concerning the comparitive study between islam and christianity.Can you please help me concerning the name though.Awaiting your help and reply.

Mainul_Islam
09-09-2005, 11:02 AM
peace be with you, ricardo. :)

welcome to the forum.

ricardo
09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Salaam.Thank you for th welcome and thank you for the links.

Abdu-Rahman,Kai
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo
About biblical events, those might not be totally wrong but in some level. For example whole world is said to have been sunk in flood of Noah, but in Quran there is not said anything like that. In bible human was created from ground, but it left water and semen out. There is no certainty what in bible is correct, if it is not said in Quran, but we can try to think what would fit into Islam. Words of Jesus might be quite uncorrupted, but then it is matter of interpreatation, does "I am the way, truth and life" mean he was god (christian interpretation) or that he was prophet who showed them "way" with praying and submitting, "truth" with his teachings of monotheism, and that will lead to life (my Islamic interpretation).

More on my pages:

http://www.geocities.com/bible_and_paul/Islam.html

ricardo
09-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.