/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Muslim for a month'

paradise88
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Salam brothers and sisters.. Im new on this and last time i made a thread i put it in the wrong place:-[ anyway i need to be a full member so please help me people.

Anyway to the point.. I just wanted to know peoples views on Ramadhan. Why is it some people start to wear hijabs or start praying etc and as soon as Ramadhan is over they stop? They go back to old habbits. It's a bit like when some men don't pray 5 times but go to Jummah. From my view i feel like it's insulting in a way because your not doing whats compulsary all year and you do it on fridays. I maybe be wrong but thats why im here to find out peoples views and want to know whats right.:?

Your comments are much appreciated Wasalam
:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
:salamext:

It's a bit like when some men don't pray 5 times but go to Jummah.
I hate it when they do that :muddlehea

EDIT: Well.......I think that some people try their best to be religious in Ramadan, but then stop for some reason....I don't know why. Ive seen lots of people like that though.

I think most of us are like that...try to do more in Ramadan...

paradise88
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah true we all try to do more because of the month itself. Its a great opputunity for rewards and forgiveness. I just dont like it when girls take of their scarfs or guys/girls going back to not praying. It's upsetting when they do that. Im not ashamed to say this but my dad used to just go to Jummah. Now Masha'Allah he prays and even makes up for the ones he misses. My uncle however is worse he just goes Eid namaz and i think fasts but never prays. Im suprised if he remembers the surahs :confused:

OnlyOne
09-05-2007, 04:18 PM
It's because they aren't sincere in their actions. They change and become more obedient, not for Allah, but for Ramadan. They seek to please the month of Ramadan, and not Allah. These are the losers who take no worthy advantage of this holy month, and let it pass by. Those who are truly sincere will take this month as a push to become better in their following months, Ramadan should serve as a boost to help Muslim realize the truth of this life, gain Taqwa, and other things. The point is to take what you learn outside of Ramadan, it is this action that shows sincerity. The people who only do it for a month lack this, and seek their reward not from Allah, but from Ramadan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
paradise88
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
True but also in Ramadhan i've seen people break the fasts because they need a cig.. Also it's disappointing but im starting to see alot of people not fast during Ramadhan without any eligiable reasons :thumbs_do

paradise88
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne
It's because they aren't sincere in their actions. They change and become more obedient, not for Allah, but for Ramadan. They seek to please the month of Ramadan, and not Allah.
I agree, alot of people fast to show people they are good muslims and are 'religious' ive seen it myself. Some people break their fasts and don't make up for it. Why fast if your not going to do all 30? By the way im talking about people who dont have good reasons not to.

------
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
:salamext:

True but also in Ramadhan i've seen people break the fasts because they need a cig..
They WHAT?!?!

OnlyOne
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I work at a gym and there's this very built revert who goes there that says salaam to me all the time. Last year during Ramadan I saw him eating a tuna sandwich and inquired about it nicely. He just told me, "My wife's good about it, but i'm not, i'm a big guy, I need to eat." I seriously wanted to just say, "If my 12 year old cousin can do it, why can't a big macho guy like you do it, you're just making an excuse for yourself." But I had to restrain myself because I felt too sorry for him.

Intisar
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
:w: I think it's because they feel it's an obligation to act accordingly to Islam during the Holy month of Ramadan, and they also have to show that deep down they really are a good Muslim. What I mean by this is that the Shaytan is locked up during Ramadan, so they have no excuse to not act like a good Muslim during that period of time. Sub7anallah, Ramadan is the best month of the year, but you should still be a good Muslim year round. What I find is that Ramadan gives me an imaan boost and makes me feel so lucky to have found the religion of Islam. Gosh, when I read the Quran I love Allah more and more. :D :statisfie

Ghira
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes all the above reasons I read could be true...absolutely. It maybe they are not sincere in their worship, it maybe they have no certainty in their belief, and it could be they just are too weak to fast for 30 days during the holy month. I would never discourage those people and point fingers at them. Who knows through that fasting and praying in the holy month maybe their ticket to eventually, hopefully come closer to their Creator, and who knows it maybe their ticket out of the hell-fire.

My family is not religious at all and when it comes to Ramadhan people get a little serious. I remember during my old ramadhan days where I had no idea why I fasted. I would just say the words in prayer without understanding the meaning and the Quran was a book that stayed wrapped up in a cloth. Then it was ONE Ramadhan when I seriously thought about what my religion meant, I gained a strong love for Islam. I studied my religion very much and al-Humdulilah I stayed religious ever since. I want to practice my religion more because of that ONE time during Ramadhan where I took my religion seriously. I gained a strong love of Islam because of that one Ramadhan. Allah guides whom He wills. I feel that Ramadhan many hearts are opened and many minds are awakened. It is a beautiful time of year and I LOVE Ramadhan.

Haidar_Abbas
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
:sl: sister paradise, wallahi it just shows their hypocracy ...enough said :sl:

paradise88
09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: sister paradise, wallahi it just shows their hypocracy ...enough said :sl:
i know, it annoys me so much! i just dont get why people like to insult our religion

paradise88
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
I LOVE Ramadhan.
Thats really nice to hear :statisfie

paradise88
09-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I work at a gym and there's this very built revert who goes there that says salaam to me all the time. Last year during Ramadan I saw him eating a tuna sandwich and inquired about it nicely. He just told me, "My wife's good about it, but i'm not, i'm a big guy, I need to eat." I seriously wanted to just say, "If my 12 year old cousin can do it, why can't a big macho guy like you do it, you're just making an excuse for yourself." But I had to restrain myself because I felt too sorry for him.
I just find that pathetic.. and funny :D that guy makes me laugh cant believe he did that :giggling:

Malaikah
09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Maybe if he didn't go gym while he was fasting he wouldn't need to eat. :? Perhaps you could hint at that to hint...

snakelegs
09-13-2007, 05:01 AM
how can you judge some one else's sincerity, since you have no way of knowing what is in his heart?
during ramadan, it is probably much easier to be a good muslim. (with satan locked up, it should be!).
after ramadan, some will lapse back in to old habits, even if they started out with good intentions - they may find that they are not yet strong enough.
but now they have tasted a different mind set. maybe not this year, but maybe in another year or 3 or 6, they won't lapse any more when ramadan is over.
so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to condemn.

syilla
09-13-2007, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
how can you judge some one else's sincerity, since you have no way of knowing what is in his heart?
during ramadan, it is probably much easier to be a good muslim. (with satan locked up, it should be!).
after ramadan, some will lapse back in to old habits, even if they started out with good intentions - they may find that they are not yet strong enough.
but now they have tasted a different mind set. maybe not this year, but maybe in another year or 3 or 6, they won't lapse any more when ramadan is over.
You are right Snakelegs.

Be selfish this Ramadhaan. Not regarding giving sadaqa but where you are going to focus your rectification or how to rectify yourself. Your focus is going to be on yourself. Not worrying about this person and that person's manhaj. Are you on the correct Manhaj?? Not worrying about whether a particular brother is on the bidah or the Sunnah. Are you upon the Sunnah? Have those brothers stopped committing their sins --- have you stopped committing that sin? Has the brother made tawbah ---- Have you made tawbah?? Has the brother corrected a situation ----- have you corrected your situation? Worry about yourself. Worry about yourself this Ramadhaan.
From the lecture we need A ramadhan

chaste
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i was thinking the same. who are we to judge peoples actions we can advice and tell them that they should pray regularly and not miss fasts but we shouldn't judge them like that. we don't know whats in their heart. we don't know who will go to heaven or hell, but we all should please Allah.

*~Sofia~*
09-13-2007, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chaste
i was thinking the same. who are we to judge peoples actions we can advice and tell them that they should pray regularly and not miss fasts but we shouldn't judge them like that. we don't know whats in their heart. we don't know who will go to heaven or hell, but we all should please Allah.
Salams,

^ yeh that is soooo tru, who are we to judge innit? I know it's annoying to see people who do such things, but I guess all we can do is encourage em to do good deeds and not just in ramadhan (like chaste suggested). Only Allah(swt) can jugde em. :)

w'salam

Sheba
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salams,

^ yeh that is soooo tru, who are we to judge innit? I know it's annoying to see people who do such things, but I guess all we can do is encourage em to do good deeds and not just in ramadhan (like chaste suggested). Only Allah(swt) can jugde em. :)

w'salam
Until I read the various postings I had thought these people to be interested in only peer pressure. Only doing Ramadan/Jummah to show their peers they were doing it. However, all things are by God's will and we should accept that.

We must look to our own actions and be sure they are correct and encourage others to do more righteous works...praying, fasting, charity etc;

However, the statements about Satan being locked up I do not believe. The quran tells us that Satan is our enemy and he will come to us from all sides.

We are only protected from Satan by being under God's protection, by sincere belief that God Alone is enough for us and the only ONE to be worshipped. This is year round and not just in the month of ramadan.

SirDemonic
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Muslim for a month atleast they appeaciate the month some even change some stay at old habits, If they gonna break their fast and etc... they might aswell go not fast at all but that dont mean we can judge them,

Girls wear hijab just for ramadan when it's EID it's another story LOL same goes with guys, but we as muslim should tell them that appearciate the month more etc.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.