/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan

Mpls_Muslim
09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
:sl: all brothers and sisters, I am a bit perplexed <sp> about the upcomming ramadan :inshallah, this is my second year as a muslim, and I am so happy that ramadan is comming. I just have a few questions, and I hope that people do not think that I am an idiot, or not understanding, but I was told a long time by an elder that the the only dumb question is the one never asked.

So I know that in ramadan we fast, and that we read the quran, but I am not sure as to what I am suposed to read in the Quran, do I start from the beging and work my way through, and then htere was something that happened at the end of Ramadan the last 10 days to be exact, some men got togehter and we ate together, and prayed together, what was that called exactly.

Well let me start off with letting you know a bit of my background in Islam, I converted Jan 2006 and all the resources that I was exposed to was from the Somali perspective, I recently found a Mosque that the Iman speaks english and helps me so much :Alhumdill so I am a bit confused, now I am not knocking the Somali culture, I just have the language barier that I am starting to over come, but I still need answers to some questions that they are unable to answer.

I also want to know about the prayer process that we do during ramadan, I know we do our regular 5 prayers but what about extras and so forth.

Thanks

Abdulah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Try and do a chapter a day and inshaAllah after the 30 days, you should have completed the Qur'an, that is my hope for this Ramadhan and i hope i fulfill it and you too :)

The last ten days of Ramadhan erm...are the last...make the most of it :p

The first 10 days of Ramadan are mercy…you have to prepare yourself to receive the mercy, the rahma--the rahma is there. Allah sends it--you only have to receive it. If you take it and put it in your heart your heart will be glowing and shining. Then in the second 10 days is maghfira, forgiveness. And when Allah gives something, it is given. Allah is not like us – hasha! When He says the last ten days is atqun min al-nar, freedom from hellfire, it means just that: freedom from hellfire. Allah 's mercy is vast, wa wasiat rahmati kulla shay – and My Mercy encompasses all things. So these last 10 days are `atqun min al-nar. And everyone is running after freedom from the hellfire. Sheikh Hashim.

Tc

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2007, 02:41 PM
mashaAllah bro may Allah reward you for asking questions hoping to get closer to islam Ameen :)

well what you done sounds like a bit of dhikr moments bro (last 10 days) but a lot of muslims enter solitude in the last 10 days and worship Allah alone, this is called I'tekaf.

Also you can read whatever part of the Quran you like brO :), most brothers aim to finish the quran as many times as possibly during ramadan. Last year me any my friends had a competition to see who could recite quran most throughout ramadan, such competitions really do help :)

i hope Allah continues to bestow knowledge upon you, and bro knowledge is not bestowed upon a rebel :)

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

btw i loved that saying: "the stupid question is the one never asked" <--- beautiful :)

*~Sofia~*
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Salam brother,

I see that your question has been answered by the helpful brother and sister above :)

I thought i mite add this link to a website... the section is on the holy month of Ramadhan and it's really beneficial. includes lots of info on lots of different things.. so any other questions u may have may also be answered inshallah.. neway check it out inshallah

http://abdurrahman.org/ramadhan/index.html

w'salam :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mpls_Muslim
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Salam brother, thank you for the insight, I now understand and will follow and hope the same for you and your family ishallah

Abdulah

kwolney01
09-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi I was just wondering what Masjid do you go to??

Mpls_Muslim
09-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Salam sister, I go to the Masjid An-Nur in N Mpls, mn. What Masjid do you attend if you don't mind me asking.

Wasaalam

Abdulah

UmmSqueakster
09-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

kwolney01, are you in the Twin Cities area? If so we'll have to hook up!

Abdulah, did my husband's email reach you? Did you get the ramadan info at jummah? Masjid as salaam has iftars on the weekend, and I'm sure my husband would be happy if you came with him.

Mpls_Muslim
09-09-2007, 02:37 PM
:sl: sister, no I did not get an email from your husband, I am working on getting to 50 posts so I can interact with people, almost there :) ishallah.

Yea I got the info on ramadan at the Mosqed on fri.

:wl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.