/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AQA ICT at A levels?

Protected_Diamond
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Is anyone studying ICT at A levels?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Al Aqwa
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
No but i am doing systems support/networking/web developing

Why you need help? i could help Insha'Allah

jannat
09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
:sl:

i studied it at college 2 years ago.it was okay.. the practical parts of the course was challenging but worthwhile. why?

and the the person who replied .. soz i dont know ur username.. wow u study networking? i will do a module in that in my course inshallah tala. networking is also very challenging but beneficial too!:D

:w:

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
yh networkin aint easy though, but good to know

soyou studied it at A-level? im interested, what subjects did you cover?

web devoloping? or was it more general, like business and stuff

i was goin to pick that but decided against it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
:salamext:

I just finished that....wasup? (Loved the practical bit !! )

Protected_Diamond
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Jazahka Allah for replying back. :sunny: I was just wondering has anyone done their database on MS Access? We doing it this year insha' Allah and i don't know anything about that program so i was just wondering if anyone can teach me the basics? :?

We used MS Excel last year and i made an invoice system. I already knew how to use Excel so i was okay with it and managed to acheive a B in the c/w but i think im going to struggle with Access.

So is anyone willing to teach me the basic features? I think i'll be making a stock control system. Is that a good idea? :hmm:

Jazahka Allah :sunny:

------
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM

Erm yeh sure.... I'll try my best Inshaa Allaah. Although I think the teachers will teach you the basics of Microsoft Access, before you start creating a system within that. Definitely.

itsme
09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Assalaamu alaikum!

I'm a teacher. Will be glad to help. You can use these books for reference:

Information Systems for You SkillBuilder Office XP edition - includes very good step-by-step instructions for building a database, forms and reports.

Database Project using Access - takes you through all that's necessary for your project development.

Any queries are most welcome of course.

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-07-2007, 04:03 PM
^thanks, erm, what courses do you teach, you teach networking?

i think i should be alright, but sometimes may need a bit of a hand...

------
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM

I think i'll be making a stock control system.
No!!! Don't do that in Access lol.....try Video Shop :D

itsme
09-09-2007, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-
^thanks, erm, what courses do you teach, you teach networking?

i think i should be alright, but sometimes may need a bit of a hand...

I'm a secondary school teacher. Cambridge O-Level Computer Studies and A-Level Computing. But you may ask questions on Networking. If within my capacity, I'll answer them Insha Allah.

itsme
09-09-2007, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

No!!! Don't do that in Access lol.....try Video Shop :D

^o) Stock Control System can be done in Access. In fact, for me, better be stock control than video club!

jannat
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
thats great to hear that you all are doin computer related subjects:happy: .. i didnt do networking in my A levels.. i did abit of 'internetworking' in my degree so far and inshallah will be doin more .. when i did it, it was pretty complicated stuff.. u get far with networking.. its just one of those modules , which require alot work.. i have done some web development ... inshallah will do further work in it..

Protected_Diamond
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL, okay cool insha' Allah will ask teacher whats the best system to make.
Jazahka Allah for all your help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.