/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lil help again..

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Hmm, seeing as it is permissable to do 'masaa' over the hijaab and wiping of the socks..according to the majority ulema,

Can you do wudu (ablution) over plasters and bandages? :embarrass:rolleyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

sis i just want to make sure, when you say masaa' over the socks you do mean the type of leather socks in whicn you can walk in for miles without it wearing out right? and when you say masaa' you do understand that its for the repeat wudhu and not for the initial one right?

*prepares to look like a fool*

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Yah leather socks, :hmm:

i'm never gon do that anyways, so just answer my question at the bottom..

:mmokay:

Please :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Can you do wudu (ablution) over plasters and bandages?

When does fear count?

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, SunniPath Academy Teacher

I often have to travel to smaller towns and have to pray in public (at a gas station or restaurant parking lot). in light of 9/11 and the fear of attack on Muslims, are there any dispensations if one generally fears harm during the prayer as regards to praying sitting in a car or making the prayer qadaa?

Walaikum assalam,

In general, "fear" is only given Shariah consideration if, as Ibn Abidin mentions, it is based on one of three things:
a) Past experience (of resulting harm);
b) Clear and manifest signs (that anyone would acknowledge);
c) Being informed by an expert, outwardly upright Muslim doctor in the case of the fear of sickness or physical harm.

This also applies to fear for one's health as related to fasting, the validity of tayammum for the sick person, wiping over bandages, and many other things as well.

General fears, however, are generally unfounded. If you pray sitting or delay your prayer without one of the 3 above bases for reasonable fear, then your prayer would not be valid, you would be sinful, and would need to repent (which includes the determination not to do that again) and repeat the prayer.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani.

in sincere hopes of this helping you find your answer

PS: Ibn Abidin is one of Imam Abu Hanifa's greatest student

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
:salamext:

Masah on Leather Socks

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
in sincere hopes of this helping you find your answer

PS: Ibn Abidin is one of Imam Abu Hanifa's greatest student
Jazakillahu Khair :) :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh. sis..

woops quoted the wrong person, leave me alone LOL

Oh i did quote the right person, why u post in quote tags man, confoosin meeeeeeee

Ahhh wah eva

jazakamullah kharun :) May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) bless you both! Ameen (say Ameen)

------
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM

LOL since wen did IbnAbdulHakim bro become a sis :ooh:

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
:-[ sorry bhaiya! I thought you quoted the sister ^^ so i was thanking her, but you just put your info in quote tags..

Jus' be a sis okay :-\ i edited that too many times ..:exhausted

..Reply to sis mujahidah: Nah not really. :'(

------
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM

That was me up there - sis Muj :p

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
How did you do that :muddlehea :uuh:

:offended: Aii aii, now you're just picking on me. imsad

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
kicchu oina... itha buli zau

------
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM

How did you do that
How did I do what?!

Pk_#2
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Nevermind. :D @ Muj

Acha @ Ibn:shade:

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh akhi n ukhti

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!